St Mirren V Livingston Championship Boxing Day 2015

shull

Rae's obviously seen Baird as a issue and taken him out for the Alloa game. So much of an issue that he goes with the only alternative which is to play a full back at centre half; a lack of cover caused by the previous manager considering Baird and Kelly as first choice centre halves. Anyway, a clean sheet and win despite the makeshift defence.

Today, Baird is left out again but Rae's hand is forced when Reid gets injured at 0-0. With Baird back in defence we lose 2 goals in the remaining 30 minutes of the first half. Rae tells the team at HT not to concede any freekicks around the box. Baird does just that and we lose the 3rd from it, then a 4th.

Our deficiencies go deeper than Jack Baird of course, but at least Rae's identified one of the problems and is doing his best to sort it. Needs new players in key positions though.

I think div said the idea to put Watson at centre-half against Alloa was Miller's idea and I'm guessing Rae decided not to change a winning team.

Baird was decent at the end of last season at a higher level and started this season OK, however he doesn't seem to be the same since he got shunted to rightback last season Livi played in Paisley and he gave away a penalty. Has to be remembered he's a young guy short of experience and, it now seems, confidence.

If Reid is out next week I'd have Kelly in alongside Webster and put Stewart to leftback - but as you say, Baird isn't the start and end of the problems.

It was bloody uncomfortable walking down the steps in the main stand at FT, never seen poison like it directed to the fans and Gilmour. Buds arguing amongst each other showing more fight (frustration) than I seen all game.

What a mess.

I heard someone shouting to Gilmour something about the infamous knickerwetters comments. Don't think that was the end of what he was shouting and it seems another fan gave him some back.

Edited by Stu

One of the most embarrassing results I can remember and I can remember alot.

This squad is a disgrace.

Rae has inherited a shambles. Let's see how good a manager he is to try and turn this round.

A real low point but it will not spoil me weekend.

Rae has inherited a shambles. Let's see how good a manager he is to try and turn this round.

That was truly abject. Rae has a huge job on his hands. The transfer window can't open quickly enough.

I think div said the idea to put Watson at centre-half against Alloa was Miller's idea and I'm guessing Rae decided not to change a winning team.

Baird was decent at the end of last season at a higher level and started this season OK, however he doesn't seem to be the same since he got shunted to rightback last season Livi played in Paisley and he gave away a penalty. Has to be remembered he's a young guy short of experience and, it now seems, confidence.

If Reid is out next week I'd have Kelly in alongside Webster and put Stewart to leftback - but as you say, Baird isn't the start and end of the problems.

I heard someone shouting to Gilmour something about the infamous knickerwetters comments. Don't think that was the end of what he was shouting and it seems another fan gave him some back.

That would be me my friend.

The other fan shouted back at me to "get tae f**k" When i shouted back to ask if he was happy with what was happening to our club, i again got the retort "get tae f**k !!" (god i love intelligent articulate discussion)

I had to point out to him that as i was halfway down the stairs i was indeed getting to f**k anyway whistling.gif !!

Obviously he had been enjoying the free bar in hospitality or was a simple minded individual who thinks that what we have been getting for the last two years has been acceptable.

That was truly abject. Rae has a huge job on his hands. The transfer window can't open quickly enough.

Honestly do you think that will make much of a difference?

Ian Murray No 1 target in the summer scored twice against us today

The boy Fleming who has scored against us also opted to stay with Dumbarton than come to us

The manager mentioned he wasn't happy about things during the week and we saw the result of that today

The Club is in a mess

The boy Fleming who has scored against us also opted to stay with Dumbarton than come to us

The manager mentioned he wasn't happy about things during the week and we saw the result of that today

The Club is in a mess

This.

Yes , certainly embarrassing . .

Highlights ? One of their fans shouts "This is easy Livvy!" which was sharply answered by a Buddie saying "Aye , so is yer maw " and then

when we were 3 down a guy in W4 shouts out "Get Carswell on !!" that did it for me because it was original , it was closely followed by "Aye , gee the young guy a chance !!"

Far too much fannying about on the pitch even when were a couple of goals down , really woeful , embarrassing shite . .

Jingle bells , Morton smells Murray walked away , now we will win the Championship cause we've got Alex Rae. .

What's the problem?

We just need to promote some of Longwell's talented youths to compliment Baird & Kelly.

After over a decade in charge, there are surely loads of youths ready by now.

And we can also dip into all the transfer fees we've received from the many great young players we've sold over the past few seasons as well.

It was bloody uncomfortable walking down the steps in the main stand at FT, never seen poison like it directed to the players and Gilmour. Buds arguing amongst each other showing more fight (frustration) than I seen all game.

What a mess.

I left 20 minutes before the end, normally I'm totally opposed to players getting abused however I hope that they got pelters because they didn't try a leg.

I'd hunt the whole f*cken lot of them.

What's the problem?

We just need to promote some of Longwell's talented youths to compliment Baird & Kelly.

After over a decade in charge, there are surely loads of youths ready by now.

And we can also dip into all the transfer fees we've received from the many great young players we've sold over the past few seasons as well.

Awwww, did nobody pick up on this the first time you posted it?

Wasn't sure what to expect today, but devastated by this embarrassing display..Possibly the worst of the season. Agnew cannot cross, he is not a winger, frankly he is not a professional footballer. McMullan is a one trick pony. Kelly is an enigma... somehow gets through several players to pass to no one and cannot defend. Confidence amongst the team is clearly rock bottom and after losing the first goal- another joke with Langfield staring aimlessly as ball careers into box- never looking like getting back into the game.Carswell eventually contributed some telling tackles; Webster anonymous;

No pace, no penetration, weak midfield constantly bullied, defensively childish. We have learned nothing this season.. I pray Alex Rae has learned a lot from the last two weeks. As a season ticket holder I will continue to suffer, but you can forget the Thistle game ( a Friday in January for what reason give the pish we are served each week?).

There is clearly a fundamental problem with this team when playing at home, but there is absolutely non excuse for that type of performance. The crowd came with expectancy and did not get on the players backs until late on when we saw that Rae had made no difference at half time and the players obviously were not prepared to work their way back into the game- two and a half seasons of utter crap and no sign of things getting better. I am sure we will be competitive in alower league (Oh no that is what I thought this time last season!!).

Felt sorry for Shankland again today. He may not have blistering pace but he continually made excellent off the ball runs which the rest either couldn't see or didn't have the ability to pass to him.

I'd keep him if possible.

Like others, would also give the lad Stewart a run at left back.

As for the rest it has all already been said.

The Club is in a mess

Yes I do. There are some decent players there, but little to no passion or desire. You could almost smell the fear. A systematic clear out and new blood please

Yes I do. There are some decent players there, but little to no passion or desire. You could almost smell the fear. A systematic clear out and new blood please[/quot

Totally agree that the squad needs gutted (again) but can this happen?

My opinion is that we have too many wee boys, shite journeyman 'pros' (who are more amateur than the part time players who gubbed us today) and senior players (with petted lips) who seem to not give two f**ks.

But hey I must be a knicker wetter too Mr Gilmour....

Again, having seen it again, and having had a better view than either camera, it's still over the line for me. The keeper chests it then picks it back over the line.

As anyone who pays any attention to my posts will know, I'm never one to criticise refs or play the conspiracy card. I'm a ref myself, I know how hard it is.

We didn't lose that game cause of that decision. Its a goal though.

At no point is the ball entirely over the line.

WTF! Previously you could say the board have been unlucky with appointing managers but interviewing Alex Rae in the morning and getting him signed up that afternoon for a man that has only managed at one club 7 or 8 years ago and didn't actually do that well at Dundee. Absolute shambles from Gilmour and co. Appointing Alex Rae is a mistake in my opinion. I know it's not all his fault we lost today but I don't think he will turn this round. :-(

After today I have decided to spend my weekends with the kids and giving St Mirren a miss for the month of January at least. The club has my season ticket money. Won't be back for a bit and do you know what I don't think I will miss it.

Edited by Mr Zo

That would be me my friend.

The other fan shouted back at me to "get tae f**k" When i shouted back to ask if he was happy with what was happening to our club, i again got the retort "get tae f**k !!" (god i love intelligent articulate discussion)

I had to point out to him that as i was halfway down the stairs i was indeed getting to f**k anyway whistling.gif !!

Obviously he had been enjoying the free bar in hospitality or was a simple minded individual who thinks that what we have been getting for the last two years has been acceptable.

what you doing on here thenbangin.gif

What has Div told me? He hasn't told me anything, I've made up my own mind about you.

I know you absolutely love seeing St Mirren fail and seek to criticise us at every opportunity.

You'll be like a pig in shite this evening, enjoy yourself.

The Board - he hates the board, not the club. Some people tend to defend the board as is their right, but his opinion and mine is that the board have downed tools (by their own admission they have lost interest) i don't understand the blind faith folk have in them. They said they are tired and want out so not surprisingly i expect they are not putting their all into it like they once did.

Div has slated the board in the past and present, he lets them know how he feels, LPM goes at them a lot harder and that is his right of free speech. LPM gets slated for venting his frustration (Div doesn't), don't see why he should get slated himself for that, because there are reasons for him not liking the board much and SGG in particular, so his stronger criticism is understandable, to be fair though (knowing him as i do) he would probably be just about as critical if he didn't have those reasons.

As for him "loving to see us fail" that is utter claptrap, he has traveled from abroad and from the south of England (sometimes with his wife and 3 kids) and currently from the borders with the the sole purpose of watching and supporting the team, he loves the team but hates seeing what is happening from board level downwards.

The manager will have learned more today than last week. The failings are obvious to everyone who watches football. I thought we started out ok, then lost 2 goals to schoolboy defending. The heads went down, before the only decent move all day led to Shanklands goal. I thought that would push them on, but, again the lack of enthusiasm from the stands was glaringly obvious. The 3rd goal killed the game. I thought the ball was over the line, but Livi break away and score the 4th while players were still arguing with officials. I watched around 20 'fans' leave after the 2nd goal ffs. We are shambolic, but the manager now knows the task in front of him. Personally, I will now settle for 8th this season!

Was not at the game today due to doing my Santa job for my kids and grandkids, not a word of praise on here says it all for me though.

Alex Rae may still do a job if allowed to bring in people he wants (Murray was allowed to bring in Spalders), he has inherited a squad of players, some good enough for this league others not.

I was less than impressed with his appointment but am willing to give him time to prove he can do a job, he needs the support of the board to do so, so go on BoD give him the tools or explain to us why you cannot do so.

Worst thing for me and the worrying thing is that in the second half, I was convinced that Livvi had 4 more players on the park than us!!

Was their movement THAT good? I think not...

But they moved off the ball and closed players down; broke at speed and showed a bit of effort.

Had we done any of that, even with those players, the game was winnable.

SHAME on you players... SHAME.