St Mirren V Livingston Championship Boxing Day 2015

shull

It's so bad I can't even be bothered to break down my opinion in detail. In short, as far as I am concerned I'm not blaming any of the front players, young or old. The blame lies with the midfield who cannot bring the forwards in to the game or give decent service either on the ground or in the air. Defence are lightweight and positionally naive. Langfield is shocking. McMullan reminds me of wee Nige (and many young lads I've played with and against in the past) in that he is technically gifted but doesn't know when to release the ball or pick out a pass, instead 9 times out of 10 either takes a touch too many or runs into trouble. Great play to set up the goal today, but if he just looked up once in a while, or developed a proper 'football brain' then he has the potential to be a great footballer.

What to me was noticeable was that with a sniff of the ball the team put in reasonable effort, but OFF the ball the squad (McMullan aside) simply can't be arsed. In one of our rare attacks on the break yesterday I counted (in addition to the two already back) 5 Livi players fully sprinting back to help out clearing their lines. Our players are simply lazy bastards.

Edited by zurich_allan

I thought I had a ticket to a football game not a pantomime - and not a very good panto.

I won't be going to the New Year's game or the cup game against Thistle, if the players can't be arsed trying on the park why should I try to get to Cappielow with a raging hangover and no public transport or run about mad trying to get to a Friday night game and not even being able to get a couple of pints because I have to drive.

As to the game yesterday, I'll put as much effort into reviewing that as the players did during the game - Ahh f**k it

Both players deemed not good enough by us. Both better than what we have now. As is the boy Longridge who was at us to. Him and Russell both better at left back than kelly

Kelly has went back the away no doubt

I think he's a centre back anyway and recently played his better games there

As much as our U20s are doing i don't see anyone of them challenging for a place in our dreadful first team

Jack Baird was excellent the other night in his own league but poor yesterday

The usual small pacy forwards who look lightweight when stepped up and no one caught my eye in midfield

Maybe McAusland but there should be players to come in

Langfield, Kelly, Webster and Agnew were all unbelievably bad, if there's a worse left back than Sean Kelly I've yet to see them,

I fee sorry for Jack Baird, needs a long break from first team, he has absolutely zero football in him at all.

Can't believe I was excited about Andy Webster signing, joke of a player and Scot Agnew is a throwback to players like Andy Dow, Paul Lawson and Mark Crilly, absolute ghost

I said it before, Steve Mallan would excel in a decent team,

Sean Kelly wouldn't get a game for my local amateur team, I'm flabbergasted that he can call himself a professional footballer, honking.

Last two years it was all McAuslands fault this year its everyones fault. I for one did not think McAusland was that bad and would gladly have him back. he was a hard worker for St Mirren and a life long fan who worked his socks off. I would be asking him to come back as better than what we have just now

Last two years it was all McAuslands fault this year its everyones fault. I for one did not think McAusland was that bad and would gladly have him back. he was a hard worker for St Mirren and a life long fan who worked his socks off. I would be asking him to come back as better than what we have just now

The problem isn't just that undoubtably McAusland is better than what we have now. The problem is that McAusland, Dummett, Newton, Gowser, McLean, McGinn, Goncalves, Teale, Samson..... (Insert name of choice 2013-2014 here) are all better than what we find ourselves saddled with only two years later.

Christ, at least the likes of Gareth Wardlaw tried.

Edited by pozbaird

While Marc McAusland was playing for us we had quite a few players who were not very good, the only people who mentioned the phrase "it's all cheesys' fault" were those who actually were defending him, it was obviously never all the fault of one player, but unfortunately all those who mentioned the above phrase time and time again (even when the subject under discussion was not him) only served to make him sound worse than he was.

The problem isn't just that undoubtably McAusland is better than what we have now. The problem is that McAusland, Dummett, Newton, Gowser, McLean, McGinn, Goncalves, Teale, Samson..... (Insert name of choice 2013-2014 here) are all better than what we find ourselves saddled with only two years later.

If it helps - and it won't- this was exactly the same set of circumstances Saints faced by 1962, after gloriously winning the cup in 1959, then flogging off the cream of the team.

(It may pacify shull to know Saints still reached a cup final.... And lost it to the DEID team.)

If it helps - and it won't- this was exactly the same set of circumstances Saints faced by 1962, after gloriously winning the cup in 1959, then flogging off the cream of the team.

(It may pacify shull to know Saints still reached a cup final.... And lost it to the DEID team.)

I was born the day before that loss.

Thankfully my Dad left me in the house.

That would be me my friend.

The other fan shouted back at me to "get tae f**k" When i shouted back to ask if he was happy with what was happening to our club, i again got the retort "get tae f**k !!" (god i love intelligent articulate discussion)

I had to point out to him that as i was halfway down the stairs i was indeed getting to f**k anyway whistling.gif !!

Obviously he had been enjoying the free bar in hospitality or was a simple minded individual who thinks that what we have been getting for the last two years has been acceptable.

Ah the knickerwetter-in-chief, remember his armageddon speech - knickerwetting of the highest order, and he has the audacity to call us the same.

Unfortunately you have come across one the few hospitality regulars and the "private members" who won't hear a bad word against him, they must be happy with the current situation for some obscure reason, or perhaps it's in their best interest to scrape and bow.

Edited by buddiecat