St Mirren V Livingston Championship Boxing Day 2015

shull

Well there you go , if Gilmour and Co weren't sweating on losing their nest-egg altogether before today, they will be now. They're going to have to throw some money at the playing side of things during the window or ANY chance of the club being sold will disappear up their collective sphincters !

The cup win in 2013 has proved to be both the BODs and the club's undoing as Gilmour and Co have downed tools since then , wrongly considering that their job was done!

For a long time I have been arguing against anyone that uttered we had good players but a shite manager as I have seen little to suggest to me that we had decent players. Today maybe proved that point if there was any doubt as this is probably the worst team I have ever seen in the stripes. And Murray has left Rae a shocking legacy with players like Agnew, Carswell, Howieson, Gallagher etc all on deals that go beyond this season so there is no easy fix.

I feel sorry for Rae as I do not know where we go from here as we were totally outplayed for 90 mins by a team that was only put together six months ago and had played us off the park every time we have played them and they are still second bottom!

Rae needs to move as many players on as he can to give him some room to get some players in. Unfortunately we now have a whole host of shite players we cannot get rid of. Agnew should be permanently replaced by Kelly out left and bring in young Stewart as left back. Besides that I cannot see many other changes within the squad we currently have although Baird should have been put in at full-back instead of Watson today as he was a total nightmare at centre back.

Many long dark days ahead.

Well there you go , if Gilmour and Co weren't sweating on losing their nest-egg altogether before today, they will be now. They're going to have to throw some money at the playing side of things during the window or ANY chance of the club being sold will disappear up their collective sphincters !

The cup win in 2013 has proved to be both the BODs and the club's undoing as Gilmour and Co have downed tools since then , wrongly considering that their job was done!

You're talking about the saviours of the club. They can't do anything wrong, you know.

What a pile of pish that really was, our squad have got away with murder with regards to taking the blame for the shit we are in!

I would genuinely only keep Watson & Mallan from today's squad and a fit Jim Goodwin. The rest can quite frankly get to f**k. That performance today was unacceptable and I hope Rae goes into that dressing room and dishes out some home truths...

Langfield is a f**king bomb scare.

Webster doesn't look interested.

Baird still young and naive.

Kelly too inconsistent and his performances and slipping on a weekly basis.

McMullan will never be good enough.

Carswell is an imposter.

Agnew is a waste of space.

Gallagher is raw and runs about like a headless chicken.

Shankland too slow but in fairness seems to know where the net is.

This squad of players simply aren't good enough and Alex Rae has a massive job on his hands to keep us out the relegation playoff spot.

Embarrassing

FT 1-4

Can't argue with that scoreline at all, a fair reflection of the game.

I hope today was Jamie Langfield's last game in football, for his sake more than anything. Goodness me he's f**king shite, he was at fault for 3 of the 4 goals today. As far as I understand Ridgers loan at Killie ends on the 1st of January. I hope he starts next week at Cappielow.

Turning point of the game was at 3-1. We had a scrambled effort which looked over the line to me. Wasn't given, Livi ran up the park and made it 1-4. Two relegation battles in a row , can't wait!

As for other individuals, get rid of the lot of them. Agnew in particular, what a f**king waster he is. I hope he never plays for us again. Gallagher, Carswell and Webster can all get to f**k in January too. Senior players? Give me a break, utterly hopeless.

The effort that didn't cross the line was pathetic. No effort to get to the ball and make sure. A slide and it was a simple goal. Summed the day up for me.

only plus point for today is at least

alex can see how bad we are and what needs done

TOTAL CLEAR OUT ,,

were possible and start again

#

but listening to mr gilmour we have a great squad ,

does he see what we are watching week in week out

or has stopped going to watch this pish

god help us were doooooomed

need at least a new defense ,new mid ,new strikers

o wait a whole new team ,,

Edited by mad saint 2

What a pile of pish that really was, our squad have got away with murder with regards to taking the blame for the shit we are in!

I would genuinely only keep Watson & Mallan from today's squad and a fit Jim Goodwin. The rest can quite frankly get to f**k. That performance today was unacceptable and I hope Rae goes into that dressing room and dishes out some home truths...

Langfield is a f**king bomb scare.

Webster doesn't look interested.

Baird still young and naive.

Kelly too inconsistent and his performances and slipping on a weekly basis.

McMullan will never be good enough.

Carswell is an imposter.

Agnew is a waste of space.

Gallagher is raw and runs about like a headless chicken.

Shankland too slow but in fairness seems to know where the net is.

This squad of players simply aren't good enough and Alex Rae has a massive job on his hands to keep us out the relegation playoff spot.

Embarrassing

You would keep Watson - seriously ? He was diabolical today. Positionaly clueless and slow as hell.

only plus point for today is at least

alex can see how bad we are and what needs done

TOTAL CLEAR OUT ,,

were possible and start again

#

but listening to mr gilmour we have a great squad ,

does he see what we are watching week in week out

or has stopped going to watch this pish

god help us were doooooomed

need at least a new defense ,new mid ,new strikers

o wait a whole new team ,,

You forgot an assistant manager!

The effort that didn't cross the line was pathetic. No effort to get to the ball and make sure. A slide and it was a simple goal. Summed the day up for me.

I agree with you there, it should have burst the net. It was Shankland who shat it and shanked it wasn't it?

Regardless, in my view the keeper caught it then dropped it over the line before picking it up again. I was sure it was a goal and everyone I spoke to in the back row of W1 agreed.

But we can still finish fourth, I'm sure that I heard some mad delusional person say that this week.

I'm ashamed of every single one of those players that wore the stripes today. Alex Rae must be wondering what the f'k he's got himself involved in.

The first two goals were an absoloute joke. Langfield and the entire back four were at fault. They just simply can not handle any balls coming into the box. The third, what Langfield was doing at the freekick I have no idea. The forth, I spotted the Livvi players' run about five minutes before any of the clowns on the park did!

We are utterly and completely f'ked. We have a keeper that ships at least one goal every week, and is guaranteed to make one massive cluster f'k in every game. If he Tweets another one of his weekly apologies tonight, I'm sorry but he'll be getting it full pelt.

We have a defence that can't actually defend. They don't have a clue what they are doing, where they are meant to be, and what man they should be marking.

Our midfield is invisable and creates the square root of f'k all. Agnew can hit a good strike when the ball falls to him, but that is all. He can't pass, he can't cross, he can't beat players and he can't tackle. Carswell is a ghost, he's meant to be a holding midfielder, I can't remember him making one tackle today! Mallan is ok going forward but he fades in and out of games and we can't afford a luxury player when we are sitting 9th in the table. McMullan at least tries to go forward and beat a man. I feel a bit sorry for McMullan as he took the brunt of my anger as I left the game in disgust today after the 4th.

Shanklands can score goals, we know that, but we don't have anyone to create chances for him! Gallacher is a ghost and contributes absoloutely heehaw. Shanklands will no doubt go back to Aberdeen in January, I know I wouldn't want to stick around at this clusterf'k of a club.

The club has been dying ever since it went up for sale. The BoD cannot seriously expect to get their original investment back. The club is not worth what they are asking for it and their persistance in trying to obtain this value is killing the club. Every game that passes, the feeling that we should just starve the club of the money until they have no choice to hand it over grows.

I really don't know what the f'k we are going to do... What decent player would want to sign for us in January? I'm totally scunnered, I won't be going to Morton on Saturday, and I'm having doubts about forking out for the Partick game. I'm tempted just to chuck it. The amount of people that walked out today with 25 minutes to go suggests I'm not the only one.

We're f'ked.

Edited by Tam M

AR: "We are in the mire".

"I said at half-time we couldn't afford to give away any free-kicks around the box. That's how we lose the 3rd goal..."

"Saw things in training that worried me. Saw them again today. We have to work on them."

Can you imagine the scenes as Agnew is forced to put in a decent cross before anyone can go for food. There'd need to be a single or a series of concerts to pay for the months of relief drops. Footage of the Saints squad huddled in rags, families standing at the Ralston gates awaiting a brief glimpse of their loved ones.

From what I saw today, Alex Rae has some massive decisions to make about this squad. Aside from the fact that they are clearly not good enough there are more than a few who fall into the unacceptable category of not trying.

How he manages to shape this shambolic shower of under achievers into something that resembles a unit, will be his ultimate test. He will have to do some magic in the Jan window in order to save us going by today's performance.

The way some of the players chucked it today, leaves me a worried man. I don't think many of the current squad have the stomach for the scrap we are now involved in.

First goal was a combination of Langfield and Kelly, Kelly should have been making more of effort to block the cross, but Langfield has to come out and command the 6 yard area. Don't like being critical of young players but it was 0-0 when Baird came on, he was at fault for the 2nd and gave away the free kick for 3rd. Livingston are a big strong physical team, which is what you need in this division, St Mirren are just weak and get outmuscled everytime. I honestly don't know what Alex Rae is going to, he needs to get rid of a few in January and try and bring in players who are willing to compete and be hard in the tackle.