Scratchcards

I heard yesterday that the club had someone contact the supporters buses asking them to take 50 scratchcards to sell on their respective buses, and that they would receive 10 whole pence commission on each card, now given that the buses have had a low income due to the team being pish under the jurisdiction of their previous managerial choice i find that a bit off. I also find it to be a damned cheek as i believe the proceeds of theses cards are to be used for fitting out the bar which will serve a minority of saints fans.

The buses have to sell their own hidden team cards to make ends meet.

Another example of our out of touch BOD and their cohorts having no clue of what it takes financially to support our team and where our money should realistically be spent.

I heard yesterday that the club had someone contact the supporters buses asking them to take 50 scratchcards to sell on their respective buses, and that they would receive 10 whole pence commission on each card, now given that the buses have had a low income due to the team being pish under the jurisdiction of their previous managerial choice i find that a bit off. I also find it to be a damned cheek as i believe the proceeds of theses cards are to be used for fitting out the bar which will serve a minority of saints fans.

The buses have to sell their own hidden team cards to make ends meet..

Another example of our out of touch BOD and their cohorts having no clue of what it takes financially to support our team and where our money should realistically be spent.

I think you will find it's a fans council initiative. And you believe wrong. Just another example of people coming on here shouting their mouth off without knowing the facts. This link explains http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=50103 If the supporters buses don't want to take them then they only need to say no thanks I presume. Have we really got to moan and make a song and dance about everything. Some people aren't happy unless they are moaning about something!

I think you will find it's a fans council initiative. And you believe wrong. Just another example of people coming on here shouting their mouth off without knowing the facts. This link explains http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=50103 If the supporters buses don't want to take them then they only need to say no thanks I presume. Have we really got to moan and make a song and dance about everything. Some people aren't happy unless they are moaning about something!

We shouldn't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

The money raised from the scratch cards will be used to fund various projects run by the Fans Council. All projects will be posted on the Fans Council and the Clubs social media channels. The first of these projects is to fund new goals for the Youth Academy.

What Saints fans will get the use of these goals even fewer than had the money gone to kit out the bar.

The OP obviously has a personal gripe with the fans council for some reason.

On another thread the is criticising Brian Caldwell for the creation of the fans council and the link up with the university.

Incidentally just what has that link provided? St.Mirren radio, providing live commentary of away games available free to all.

St.Mirren TV, live home matches available to ex-pats?

Hospitality catering saving the club money?

Anything else?

I'm unsure how this initiative with the university can be anything other than positive but some people can be incredibly bitter.

The fans council, can't say I take much of an interest but they organise events and raise money for the club.

Chancers the lot of them!

Edited by dastardly77

We shouldn't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

The money raised from the scratch cards will be used to fund various projects run by the Fans Council. All projects will be posted on the Fans Council and the Clubs social media channels. The first of these projects is to fund new goals for the Youth Academy.

What Saints fans will get the use of these goals even fewer than had the money gone to kit out the bar.

Just out of interest, is this the same set of goals that SMISA are part funding or is this another set of goals? I think we should be told.

Jim C.

Now isn't it a fact that the fans council have the bar fit out as one of their projects and the link above states that the money will go to the various projects they are involved in, i only know of one such project - the bar, and incidentally the fans council have already stated that they have £1000 left from their golf day which they want to use to buy the goals for the youth academy and they have asked and had acceptance from SMISA that we will go 50-50 on the goals, SMiSA have told David Longwell that we will go 50-50 on this. So did they not really have that £1000 in the first place since they are now stating the money from these cards will go towards that purpose ? Brian Caldwell is in the photo on the link you included and he is a club rep not an FC rep so the club are involved, and it is also stated that it is the "new official club scratchcard"

So therefore i believe right and i have the facts about the cost of the goals and that the fans council already had the money for them, so i am not the one posting (not shouting their mouth off - pretty crass of you on that comment) without knowing the facts.

Some people have to point out these things, it is not a "moan or a song and dance about nothing" as you put it.

If what the link states is true then the fans council have lied about either having the money or not having it.

Edited by buddiecat

The OP obviously has a personal gripe with the fans council for some reason.

On another thread the is criticising Brian Caldwell for the creation of the fans council and the link up with the university.

Incidentally just what has that link provided? St.Mirren radio, providing live commentary of away games available free to all.

St.Mirren TV, live home matches available to ex-pats?

Hospitality catering saving the club money?

Anything else?

I'm unsure how this initiative with the university can be anything other than positive but some people can be incredibly bitter.

The fans council, can't say I take much of an interest but they organise events and raise money for the club.

Chancers the lot of them!

I have had a gripe with the FC before and vowed to put it behind me, this project is noted on the website as a new official club scratchcard, and i never mentioned the fans council in my original post, it is now clear to me that the FC are the ones who have initiated this and i look forward to hearing what other projects they have on the go which will be funded from these cards, incidentally if they choose to use all the proceeds from them towards fitting the bar then they absolutely can do that.

If this is a fans council initiative why are they not out on the ground selling the cards themselves ? why do they need to recruit and pay 10p a card to people to do it for them ? I was personally approached by a young girl at a recent home game and asked if i wanted a scratchcard, i would guess that this girl was not of the legal age to be offering me a chance to gamble my money, but it is difficult to know what age youngsters are, maybe i will ask the age of any other seller next time and will also ask who supplied the complimentary match ticket to them, pretty sure it will have come from the club not the FC

FFS, if u don't want a scratch card don't buy one, if u want in the bar pay the membership...stop slating people who are trying to make the club better...

Indeed, far too much complaining that nothing is happening to bring cash in then slating what is planned. "We need ideas, new ideas, viable ideas...but ones I like".

FFS, if u don't want a scratch card don't buy one, if u want in the bar pay the membership...stop slating people who are trying to make the club better...

Well i would have left it at the original post but then the guy posting after you had a go at me for not knowing facts and shouting my mouth off.

The buses have to sell their own hidden team cards to make ends meet.

lol.gif don't hold back

Anybody remember the football cards on the supporters buses from yesteryear?

The put your name in box affair where you chose a football team and the sticker was pulled back to

reveal the winning team?

More than a couple of buses used to pull the sticker back the night before and leave it

under the bedpost to reseal, thereby giving them a fly tenner or twenty quid to

get the cairry oot for the bus convener and his cronies? lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

The greedy cùnts used to moan that they got fùck aw fae the drivers

bunnet collection invariably made on the approach tae paisley. clap.gifclap.gif

Edited by murray street