Blatter And Platini Banned

smcc

Just heard that Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini have been banned from football for 8 years by the UEFA Ethics Committee. Is this really the end of Blatter or will he be resurrrected again by his allies?

Won't be the end. They'll change their names by deed poll to The Platini 2016 and The Blatter 2016 and will both be given high heid' yin' jobs at the SFA. 'Brian Caldwell' types at Spartans, Cove and Edinburgh City who were in line for promotion to big office jobs at Hampden weren't even interviewed.

Bookmark this.

Edited by pozbaird

I'll make no comments on this till I hear from oaksoft.

He's of the firm opinion that all such shenanigans should be brushed under the carpet, accepted as the way of the world and let bygones be bygones.

It's another sunny day.

I imagine the nights'll soon be drawing out - in Scotland. :)

He's of the firm opinion that all such shenanigans should be brushed under the carpet, accepted as the way of the world and let bygones be bygones.

It's another sunny day.

Surely Oaksoft will be true to form and tell us that unless we personally mount a challenge to become FIFA head honcho, and see how we get on running world football, then we should keep quiet.

Oh, sorry, forgot... He would also need to add that he finds it 'hilarious' that grown men are getting their knickers in a twist about it in the first place. There are more important issues to be concerned with than corrupt FIFA bawbags.

Maybe I'm being unfair. Maybe Dicko will beat him to it, and tell us that someone at FIFA telephoned him a few years ago asking his opinion on Platini and Blatter, and he told them straight about them, but was ignored.

Ach, who knows? Let's see how the thread plays out!

Edited by pozbaird

Surely Oaksoft will be true to form and tell us that unless we personally mount a challenge to become FIFA head honcho, and see how we get on running world football, then we should keep quiet.

Oh, sorry, forgot... He would also need to add that he finds it 'hilarious' that grown men are getting their knickers in a twist about it in the first place. There are more important issues to be concerned with than corrupt FIFA bawbags.

Maybe I'm being unfair. Maybe Dicko will beat him to it, and tell us that someone at FIFA telephoned him a few years ago asking his opinion on Platini and Blatter, and he told them straight about them, but was ignored.

Indeed, haven't you heard about greenhouse gases, global warming climate change . .

I really thought you were well educated Poz. .

Personally I think as with a lot of people, power, control, and a God complex went to his head. He thought he could do what he wants and just get away without question.

The Qatar decision was the one that truly took away any lingering doubt whatsoever that there was mass corruption. His refusal to take any responsibility for the subsequently discovered cases of corruption rendered his position totally untenable.

Finally karma has caught up to him.

Good riddance.

It's another sunny day.

no idea what you are talking about.

absolutely no idea what you are talking about either.

wtf?

absolutely no idea what you are talking about either.

wtf?

think its the fact you never have your own opinion and always toe the party line, scared to say your real thoughts so everybody thinks your a great guy...what they are trying to say is man up! Edited by religion is saints

think its the fact you never have your own opinion and always toe the party line, scared to say your real thoughts so everybody thinks your a great guy...what they are trying to say is man up!

Never have my own opinion? lol.gif

What party line? lol.gif

It's only the fact that Div has removed the red dot feature that I'm still in credit for greenies or else I'd be propping up the table with Dickson, nosferatu and Lord Pityme. There a scary dinner party if I ever saw one. lol.gif

I'm obvously being seriously whooshed on this thread.

Edited by oaksoft

Really? Can't you read your own posts?

I have 7132 posts. I'm pretty sure you won't find a single post which I have made advocating corruption within FIFA.

I may well be able to read, and I may have mentioned my staggering intellect before, but trying to second guess a collection of village idiots is not my strong point.

I have 7132 posts. I'm pretty sure you won't find a single post which I have made advocating corruption within FIFA.

I may well be able to read, and I may have mentioned my staggering intellect before, but trying to second guess a collection of village idiots is not my strong point.

Pssst!?

Your staggering intellect obviously can't cope with lateral thinking.

Here's a clue....

" Posted by oaksoft on 02 March 2015 - 10:33 in Other Football

Let me guess. You genuinely believe Rangers will at some point disappear and never return to the SPL or whatever it calls itself these days?

I'm sorry but how utterly delusional can you get. lol.gif

How many Cup quarter finals and semi finals have they made since they went bust despite playing at lower league levels?

How many SPL teams have a better record over the same period?

How many SPL teams have they beaten since going down?

They'll be back again one day - either next season or whenever. There's too big a support base for them to disappear permanently. When they do come back they'll be finishing in the top two again as they've done almost every year they've been in the top league over the last 30-odd years. Believing otherwise is simply laughable. Livingston have survived two administrations as have Dundee who are now well on their way to a third but you reckon the next one will sink Rangers???????

My advice? Get a life guys. It's embarassing that a thread about another club is pretty much the largest in our database."

I responded to that, at the time, by trying to interest you in morality v corruption and sporting integrity v official cheating. You still don't get it.

Pssst!?

Here's a clue....

Let me guess. You genuinely believe Rangers will at some point disappear and never return to the SPL or whatever it calls itself these days?

How many Cup quarter finals and semi finals have they made since they went bust despite playing at lower league levels?

They'll be back again one day - either next season or whenever. There's too big a support base for them to disappear permanently. When they do come back they'll be finishing in the top two again as they've done almost every year they've been in the top league over the last 30-odd years. Believing otherwise is simply laughable. Livingston have survived two administrations as have Dundee who are now well on their way to a third but you reckon the next one will sink Rangers???????

My advice? Get a life guys. It's embarassing that a thread about another club is pretty much the largest in our database."

I responded to that, at the time, by trying to interest you in morality v corruption and sporting integrity v official cheating. You still don't get it.

Pssst!?

Here's a clue....

thats quite a long winded post.

have rangers ever been found guilty of corruption?

thats the only way those two cases can be linked.

corruption mind. not misuse of ebts. not tax avoidance or tax evasion. corruption.

thats quite a long winded post.

have rangers ever been found guilty of corruption?

thats the only way those two cases can be linked.

corruption mind. not misuse of ebts. not tax avoidance or tax evasion. corruption.

My line is only the first one.

Yes, the post IS long-winded.

I was quoting YOU, after all...

And then you quoted yourself - TWICE.

Of course that looks long-winded: it IS.

That's YOU, that is... :)

Here's your answer, though it requires you to lateral-think and not see things through your Ibrox-tinted eyes.

Platini is being done because he received an awful lot of money from an organisation that appears to have no need, duty nor responsibility to pay him that money. He is not employed by them and has done no work for them for... 8 years is it, now?

What if there was an individual who had not been employed by the DEID club for many years yet, for an unknowable reason, he received a huge lump sum paid via the same illegal EBT route as all the others? Say he received ten grand.... Ten years after leaving ibrox?

All those EBTs were corrupt. The payment to someone not even in the organisation's employ must also be for corrupt reasons.

Santa does not wear a light blue jersey and Souness is not one of his little helpful elves.

Edited by bluto

And... The Scottish Football Authorities have been and are aware that this EBT cheating was going on, that the club operating then had outstanding tax debts yet still allowed it to represent Scotland in Europe, that the new club is even more bust than St MirrenEast Fife or Cove Rangers yet still imposes no sanctions.

The full time, highly paid players (and management) are playing against part-timers as it steamrollers an asymptotic route towards Division 1.

This is all corruption. It's not sport, it's not a level playing field and it's not even good business.

Edited by bluto

And... The Scottish Football Authorities have been and are aware that this EBT cheating was going on, that the club operating then had outstanding tax debts yet still allowed it to represent Scotland in Europe, that the new club is even more bust than St MirrenEast Fife or Cove Rangers yet still imposes no sanctions.

The full time, highly paid players (and management) are playing against part-timers as it steamrollers an asymptotic route towards the SPL.

This is all corruption. It's not sport, it's not a level playing field and it's not even good business.

you could have saved yourself a fabulously entertaining 20 minute rant, complete with mistakes about which league they play in, amd simply provided a link to a court case which found them guilty of corruption.

i believe in innocence before guilt.

it is a novel concept i admit but it seems to be one of the ways our society differentiates itself from chimpanzees, goats and the americans.

Edited by oaksoft