I Told You Nhs Workers Were Workshy....

Stuart Dickson

You are a f**king arsehole, I work in the NHS and im here to tell we all work really hard, in fact like a lot of NHS workers I was working on Xmas day, One day soon I hope your gonna need us NHS workers, Your comments are offensive and you are sad lonely man. I can say that cos the day I unfortunately met you that's what I thought straight away, The next time meet you I wont be so nice you despicable bastard. Think its time Div removed you from this form.

i wonder what profession he will pick on next?

if only everyone worked as hard as him.

maybe he just gets bored with all that spare time he has.

i have never met anyone so obsessed with the number of hours people work.

not this century anyway.

Edited by oaksoft

i know you auld yins are a bit slow sometimes but you raise this point so often that it strikes that it probably hasnt dawned on you that you are allowed to let others think and decide stuff for themselves and you are also allowed to ignore an entire thread.

div calls it his two for the price of one forum deal.

chill out dude and leave us young uns to play with the bad man.

Sorry, oakstur, but some Buddies are still wondering how to give others thebodyswerve...

There's a new "range" of posters through every year.

I need to keep topping THEM up with knowledge of what to do and how to do so.

div provides the tools: I point them out. :)

Aye very good. Lets see what happens next time your down in A&E with one of your kids of an early evening and you discover your wait time's been increased cause staff have been given time off to go for a choir rehearsal. Or when you discover that your elderly relative has been neglected in the ward cause a couple of the ward nurses were warbling for 105 minutes in the auditorium. I can just imagine the seethe. I know for a fact you won't be lauding their skive then no matter what charity it's for.

Will the money raised cover the cost of the agency staff required to fill in while they f**k off around the country hawking themselves around for public appearance - as their website is attempting to do? There is supposed to be a shortage of doctors on the wards yet this choir is loaded with them. How can that be right?

It reminds me of my days at college where the lads used to go out to give blood cause it was a "good skive" - sadly this crew are being allowed to do it in work time at the expense of patient care. And you think it's OK? At the taxpayers expense? You disgust me!

perhaps you can show me where it says they did this during working hours.

Sorry, oakstur, but some Buddies are still wondering how to give others thebodyswerve...

There's a new "range" of posters through every year.

I need to keep topping THEM up with knowledge of what to do and how to do so.

div provides the tools: I point them out. :)

young people hate unsolicited advice. always best to help those who ask for help rather than assuming they need yiur special brand.

As a vegetarian, I had neither turkey, chicken, ham, or any such thing. Instead, I made a lentil and cider loaf with a rich tomato sauce, roast potatoes, and butter sautéed Veg and chestnuts. It seemed to be very well received (as always).

The cider was interesting. Kopperberg (sp?), made with apple and cinnamon. Very nice, and a wee Christmas variation on the usual pear option I use. The lentils are cooked in the cider, as opposed to water. I think it was originally a Rose Elliott recipe.

To be fair, Oaksoft has a point about the rest of us sticking our neb' in and advising others about the 'ignore' function, or not to bite, or to talk about turkey and stuffing on a Dicko' thread. For 2016 my resolution is to follow this advice. Threads of this nature should therefore look like this....

Thread starter: Dicko.

Replies:

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Thanks for the advice mate. I will be absolutely fcuking delighted to bow out of such a wankfest of increasingly cringeworthy one-upmanship holier-than-thou, argumentative never-ending whataboutery.

Roll on 2016!

As a vegetarian, I had neither turkey, chicken, ham, or any such thing. Instead, I made a lentil and cider loaf with a rich tomato sauce, roast potatoes, and butter sautéed Veg and chestnuts. It seemed to be very well received (as always).

The cider was interesting. Kopperberg (sp?), made with apple and cinnamon. Very nice, and a wee Christmas variation on the usual pear option I use. The lentils are cooked in the cider, as opposed to water. I think it was originally a Rose Elliott recipe.

Farts must be lethal today though.

Aye, and I'll be sitting a short distance from you, today. I'll say hello at HT.

Not going mate. Still bruised and sore from my recent fall. Once I get into the car I can drive OK, but getting down and getting my bum into the seat and slowly trying to swing my legs in is not good yet... Ouch, ouch, ouch etc... Moan, moan, moan... Silly auld' idiot.... Going to tune in to St Mirren radio and remain propped-up on the sofa with the remnants of my painkiller supply and left over turkey.

Should be OK for the next home game. COYS.

Edited by pozbaird

No viscerated hamster? Tsk!

perhaps you can show me where it says they did this during working hours.

Use Google yourself. You'll find the recruitment ad for the choir and the times and location of their practice. You may also note their hawking themselves out for personal appearances anywhere in the UK....all for charideee of course....whilst being paid by the taxpayer.

Even if you can't use Google for yourself it's not hard to reason out. A lone shift work singer recording or doing appearances might be able to do it in his own time, a band of say 4 or 5...yep maybe although it'd be tougher. A whole feckin choir of shift workers....no f**king chance.

To be fair, Oaksoft has a point about the rest of us sticking our neb' in and advising others about the 'ignore' function, or not to bite, or to talk about turkey and stuffing on a Dicko' thread. For 2016 my resolution is to follow this advice. Threads of this nature should therefore look like this....

Thread starter: Dicko.

Replies:

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Thanks for the advice mate. I will be absolutely fcuking delighted to bow out of such a wankfest of increasingly cringeworthy one-upmanship holier-than-thou, argumentative never-ending whataboutery.

Roll on 2016!

wow. did santa not bring you what you asked for?

nope. he is definitely on the troll.

dont mind a good heated debate but he can f**k right off at the moment if this is the level hes aiming at.

as for the singers themselves, all proceeds are going to 2 charities one of which is for dementia care.

they have raised a shedload of cash and deserve a bit of respect.

this is a disgusting thread by a disgusting pathetic poster.

Here here my good man. One must also keep at the forefront of ones mind that this individual claim's to not even to support the great Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co yet he still loiter's on this here fan's forum.

A poor thread in even poorer taste.

The quicker the SNP seize power in Scotland and this reprehensible character scurries off to troll elsewhere the better I say!

• 7 months later...
On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 8:50 PM, Slartibartfast said:

FFS, those lazy workshy bastards aren't even getting off their arses to let people die now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-37164244

The folk who wrote that article, do they have anything to do with the 1877 Club membership & finances. The figures don't stack up.

Target was 20%

Mortality Rates drop by 4.5%

Missed target by 3.5%

there appears to be 12% missing

so they've adjusted their target & cut it in half so they can achieve "strong figures". This is unlikely to help though

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/bombshell-nhs-lanarkshire-plan-downgrade-7888804 & neither will this

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/top-staff-raise-concerns-nhs-8455644 either.

anyways, back to the abomination of a hospital that is, The RAH.

Identified as 1 of 2 hospitals in Scotland of having higher than average death rates. Very best of luck if you ever find yourself an inpatient there. it is likely that you will need it. The nursing staff I encountered were pleasant enough people but most seemed to have a default setting of get back to the staff room for a natter as quickly as possible.

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

The folk who wrote that article, do they have anything to do with the 1877 Club membership & finances. The figures don't stack up.

Target was 20%

Mortality Rates drop by 4.5%

Missed target by 3.5%

there appears to be 12% missing

so they've adjusted their target & cut it in half so they can achieve "strong figures". This is unlikely to help though

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/bombshell-nhs-lanarkshire-plan-downgrade-7888804 & neither will this

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/top-staff-raise-concerns-nhs-8455644 either.

anyways, back to the abomination of a hospital that is, The RAH.

Identified as 1 of 2 hospitals in Scotland of having higher than average death rates. Very best of luck if you ever find yourself an inpatient there. it is likely that you will need it. The nursing staff I encountered were pleasant enough people but most seemed to have a default setting of get back to the staff room for a natter as quickly as possible.

These figures are, of course, based on the Hospital Standardised Mortality Ratio(MSMR( report of 23/8/2016. It is also evident that if an average of any measure is calculated there will inevitably be some whish  are above the average and some below. The big question is the signifificance of the difference from the average.

This extract from  the HSMR report puts it into perspective

If an HSMR value is less than one: This means the number of deaths within 30 days of admission for a hospital is fewer than predicted.
 If an HSMR value is greater than one : This means the number of deaths within 30 days for a hospital is more than predicted.
If the number of deaths is more than predicted this does not necessarily mean that these were avoidable deaths (ie that they should not have happened), or that they were unexpected, or attributable to failings in the quality of care.

Doesn't come as a shock to me that folk are dying in hospitals, also no shock to find that the chances of dying in hospital do not follow a set pattern and that any figures or targets are not met. If you have a major incident or even an extended period of cold weather then figures will increase, i have been in the RAH a few times and attend appointments every 3 months, so why am i no deid yet.

11 hours ago, buddiecat said:

, i have been in the RAH a few times and attend appointments every 3 months, so why am i no deid yet.

you are either

a medical miracle, a lucky b* or your not as ill as they (the docs in the RAH) told you you are.