Langfield

shull

It's okay I'm sure he will give us an apology on Twitter...

He's a good Paisley lad is oor Jamie. I'm not disputing that. No doubt he will be in Borgia, the Wee Howff and/or Sapporotios in the coming days giving the banter to the enthralled masses.

Sadly for all concerned, he's f**king shite. I know you read this forum Jamie. Give the football up. Please.

Thank you.

Edited by TopCat

He's a good Paisley lad is oor Jamie. I'm not disputing that. No doubt he will be in Borgia, the Wee Howff and/or Sapporotios in the coming days giving the banter to the enthralled masses.

Sadly for all concerned, he's f**king shite. I know you read this forum Jamie. Give the football up. Please.

Thank you.

Very true. Will be out tomorow

And Jamie, if you want to discuss any of the issues I've raised you can get me on PM and-or twitter. I will happily hook you up in a Paisley bar of your time and choice to talk you through my posts. You can get me on @stmirrenstats since you blocked the other one.

There's no need to get your compadree's to give me veiled threats when I'm out in the town.

Edited by TopCat

And Jamie, if you want to discuss any of the issues I've raised you can get me on PM and-or twitter. I will happily hook you up in a Paisley bar of your time and choice to talk you through my posts. You can get me on @stmirrenstats since you blocked the other one.

There's no need to get your compadree's to give me veiled threats when I'm out in the town.

Much like those who troll twitter and slaughter celebrities, I fail to see the merit in posting disparaging remarks directly to his personal twitter account.

There's discussing and criticising performance and shortcomings on an open forum like this and then there's dropping it directly into the guy's line of vision. Perhaps it's because I'm not active on that platform but it's a line I feel its kind of uncomfortable to cross.

Maybe you're right. I've been sick of Langfield for months but bitten my tongue as I continually paid to watch him sell goals. Indeed he would have sold another one last week had Alloa been any good, He tried to lob it over a defenders head before clearing it, No, really. We got away with it due to a combination of them being shite and some good defending from ourselves,

Today was the last straw for me. Pumped 1-4 in Paisley by a shite Livi side, with him selling 3 of them. Was I wrong to tell him what I thought of his performances?

Maybe some will say I was. Fine, everyone pays for their opinion,

Langfield was crap. However why single him out? We allowed this lot all these chances on target Langfield is our last line of defence. How often did we test their keeper? Genuine question cause I left after 70 mins.

As far as I could make out we had no midfield and our defence was over run.

We had 11 failures out there possibly more as I didn't see how good or bad the subs did. But to have a personal go at one person in particular is unfair.

Name someone that was better than poor? The whole team should be Twitter attacked. Ian Murray has gone this shower should be fighting for their very jobs.

I've had it I can't remember ever being as angry as this. I've been pissed off deeply disappointed but never as angry as I am right now.

The whole lot can go f*ck themselves cause I've had it and won't be back for at least a good few weeks.

This ain't about Langfield it's about attitude and our players attitude stinks.

Edited by Kendo

Much like those who troll twitter and slaughter celebrities, I fail to see the merit in posting disparaging remarks directly to his personal twitter account.

There's discussing and criticising performance and shortcomings on an open forum like this and then there's dropping it directly into the guy's line of vision. Perhaps it's because I'm not active on that platform but it's a line I feel its kind of uncomfortable to cross.

I usually agree with this and tend to refrain from doing it... Apart from a few times when I was younger...

I did RT several of Langfield's Tweets since he's came to the club tonight, all apologies for cluster f'ks that he's made. I nearly wet myself at one about Man Marking and not Zonal Marking after some of the goals we lost today.

In TC's defence, Langfield is very open when it comes to talking about St Mirren on Twitter, so he can't really have it both ways. Maybe TC could have been a bit more constructive though, instead of telling him he should retire... But after that performance today, I can understand why.

Langfield was crap. However why single him out? We allowed this lot all these chances on target Langfield is our last line of defence. How often did we test their keeper? Genuine question cause I left after 70 mins.

We had 11 failures out there possibly more as I didn't see how good or bad the subs did. But to have a personal go at one person in particular is unfair.

Name someone that was better than poor? The whole team should be Twitter attacked. Ian Murray has gone this shower should be fighting for their very jobs.

I've had it I can't remember ever being as angry as this. I've been pissed off deeply disappointed but never as angry as I am right now.

The whole lot can go f*ck themselves cause I've had it and won't be back for at least a good few weeks.

Get back oan the swallay, Your indefatigably is spot on you Jakey Barsteward !

I don't think he's good enough to be our number one. That's it.

So many posts about Jamie Langfield "being shite", he has actually had quite a few good games and made some excellent saves.

But my main point here is - "LPM you hate this club because you post comments against the board"

Is that any different from your attack on Langfield ? yes it is because LPM is getting at the main problem you on the other hand are slating one player, who incidentally the board were happy to sign, so maybe you will now join LPM in his rage against the board, because the board/club actually gave him the assistants job along with Millar.

Pot and kettle TC pot and kettle.

Do as TC does, slag LPM for the same opinion he has for the board as TC has for our keeper.

I think Jamie Langfield has lost us games this season sorry but sadly true. I think that Ridgers did ok for us last year and hope he gets a chance in January to prove himself. I am sure Jamie is one of the higher earners at the club and well not proving his worth considering his experience.

I think he misses Goodwin for organising.

I find it astounding that Ridgers in his absence has become Lev Yashin. Does no-one remember him?!

Yes, Langfield has had a stinking couple of months,but he was a vast improvement in the first 3 months of the season even if his form has tailed off badly.

Unfortunately though, a defence that constantly passes the ball back to a goalie who has always struggled somewhat with the ball at his feet is just inviting trouble onto themselves.

The problem with Langfield is 3-fold.

Firstly, his confidence is at rock bottom. You can understand why, the team are not playing well, down the wrong end of the table and he is partly culpable. He isn't commanding his area or barking instructions at his defence as he should be doing. Indeed the justification for dropping Ridgers was so Langfield could talk a young defence through the game which has not been the case recently.

Secondly, when the #1 keeper is also the GK coach, we effectively have no coach. Thinking back to previous keepers we've had, I would argue that Smith, Howard, Samson and Ridgers all improved after working with Paul Mathers. I recall Celtic fans pissing themselves laughing on the first day of season 08-09 at Mark Howard's kicking, by the end of the season he was a very competent keeper. Langfield has nobody to work with, to point out where he needs to improve and what he's doing right.

Thirdly, and I think most importantly, he has no competition and less incentive to raise his game. Smith and Howard had good seasons competing against each other. Gallagher had a good season knowing that Howard was breathing down his neck. DL came in, brought in Samson but stated that Gallagher was his #1, I recall Gallagher having a relatively poor season. Samson had a good season competing against Graeme Smith, less so against Grant Adam. Having just one keeper considered for a first team place is a recipe for disaster.

We need Ridgers back ASAP. It's Rae's decision who to start, but the competition will help both he and Langfield.

The problem with Langfield is 3-fold.

Firstly, his confidence is at rock bottom. You can understand why, the team are not playing well, down the wrong end of the table and he is partly culpable. He isn't commanding his area or barking instructions at his defence as he should be doing. Indeed the justification for dropping Ridgers was so Langfield could talk a young defence through the game which has not been the case recently.

Secondly, when the #1 keeper is also the GK coach, we effectively have no coach. Thinking back to previous keepers we've had, I would argue that Smith, Howard, Samson and Ridgers all improved after working with Paul Mathers. I recall Celtic fans pissing themselves laughing on the first day of season 08-09 at Mark Howard's kicking, by the end of the season he was a very competent keeper. Langfield has nobody to work with, to point out where he needs to improve and what he's doing right.

Thirdly, and I think most importantly, he has no competition and less incentive to raise his game. Smith and Howard had good seasons competing against each other. Gallagher had a good season knowing that Howard was breathing down his neck. DL came in, brought in Samson but stated that Gallagher was his #1, I recall Gallagher having a relatively poor season. Samson had a good season competing against Graeme Smith, less so against Grant Adam. Having just one keeper considered for a first team place is a recipe for disaster.

We need Ridgers back ASAP. It's Rae's decision who to start, but the competition will help both he and Langfield.

I agree with everything in this post I just hope that Ridgers is not one of the players who get let go unless Alex has a replacement in mind

There was absolutely no need to replave Ridgers with Langfield in the first place. Now with Clangers on the coaching staff it becomes very tricky for AR to drop him.

I'd have Ridgers over Langfield any dsy of the week.

What's Dill upto these days?

Dilo is currently in the French Ligue 2 with Dijon. Believe he is a back up keeper yet 2 make an appearance

I find it astounding that Ridgers in his absence has become Lev Yashin. Does no-one remember him?!

Yes, Langfield has had a stinking couple of months,but he was a vast improvement in the first 3 months of the season even if his form has tailed off badly.

Unfortunately though, a defence that constantly passes the ball back to a goalie who has always struggled somewhat with the ball at his feet is just inviting trouble onto themselves.

Too right Ridgers is worse than hopeless !