We Are Going To Get Relegated Again

Kemp

If we don't have a mini clearout then we will be relegated. The BOD must back Alex Rae and enable him to do this, yesterday was pathetic and should result in a few players being shown the door asap. The "so called" experienced players are clearly past their best and we need more experienced players who are the right side of 30. The board will need to spend to save us from going down again, if they don't it's entirely their fault.

The BoD have always made every pound we bring in available to whatever manager has been in charge - Tommy Craig was not the cheap option, he and his anointed successor Gary Teale were the wrong option. However that's last year's battle - we're currently facing a real struggle to avoid relegation and the optimism of last weeks Going for Fourth thread seems laughable now and there's nothing to do now except hope that AR is the new broom we, so obviously, need.....

Edited by Bud the Baker

We just have to hope the board get lucky with this appointment AND give him the tools to drag us out of the mess they created. To my shame I left the ground after the third goal as my soul was destroyed by what I had witnessed.

After a defeat my wife and I usually keep shtoom as it would end in an argument such was our feeling for the club. yesterday? We simply got on with our day such is the apathy that's been instilled by the constant barrage of below mediocrity on show.

The point I was making is that nobody had an inkling that Craig would be appointed!

The BOD should have known that Craig was obviously part of the problem in our downward spiral post-March 17th 2013 and ensured that Craig went with Lennon. Instead, they knifed Lennon in the back and give Craig the job!

As Kendo says, purely down to cost cutting with Craig being the cheapest available option. As far as decisions go, it ranks as being the worst ever.

Either that or Craig being part of the money go round that i believe is sinking our club, the "you help me i help you and f**ck the punters" brigade.

Edited by buddiecat

The benefit of hindsight was everyone apart from the BOD knew Tommy Craig was a crazy appointment. The alternative to Danny was whoever the BOD wanted.

They are reaping the seeds that they have sewn. To continually cut costs gets you to where we currently are.

whereas to NOT cut costs gets you to where dunfermline are and where rangers have been.

we have more cost cutting to go because we are still paying too much of our turnover on wages.

why on earth can our fanbase not do basic arithmetic?

What possible reason do people have for thinking that we have the players capable of knuckling down and battling through this? We played a team yesterday who are battling relegation. They fought for everything, were first to every ball and put themselves on the line. When they had the ball they attacked with pace and purpose and when they didn't, they defended from the front and worked so hard.

Our pathetic wasters did none of that. Our entire attack and midfeild did nothing but hide. They were lazy in defence and put in no effort to create space, or attack with purpose when we had the ball. I think we will get relegated because, quite frankly, our players are spineless wasters, who have no will to turn this around. They'd rather hide, pick up their wages, and hope the fans keep blaming the manager.

it may be your humble opinion but you are wrong in fact.

he was not sacked or constructively dismissed. his contract was not renewed.

Very true... but the way things were handled, had he walked a few weeks early, I think he would have had a good claim for constructive dismissal.

Just as well he's a real gentleman.

The BoD have always made every pound we bring in available to whatever manager has been in charge - Tommy Craig was not the cheap option, he and his anointed successor Gary Teale were the wrong option. However that's last year's battle - we're currently facing a real struggle to avoid relegation and the optimism of last weeks Going for Fourth thread seems laughable now and there's nothing to do now except hope that AR is the new broom we, so obviously, need.....

The board by their own admission have cut costs year on year so by that they have not made every penny that came in available. And tc and gt were the cheap option as well as the wrong option tc was part of dl management team so should have went with him. Granted we were a sinking ship when gt took over but yet again an appointment from within so it is the cheap option. The "board" need to grow a set and give our new manager their pick some money to get us out this crap hole they have it us in with Theo penny pinching ideas and approach

Where they ever on the cards

I believe both were to a degree. The English were pretty much sure it was done until concerns over their agent/broker and all sorts of other nonsense. The Argentinian deal looked done and dusted until a journalist ran a very one sided article regarding previous behaviour. It should be pointed out that even Man City bring in players then move them on pretty quickly, yet I don't see that journalist run any sort of article on that.