The Bod

iainsc

What I don't get is that we hear over and over again that our Board won't sell to any Tom , Dick or Harry because we don't want the club to suffer any long term damage in the wrong hands. FFS , we're staring at terminal damage with them in charge if things are allowed to fester any longer !

What I don't get is that we hear over and over again that our Board won't sell to any Tom , Dick or Harry because we don't want the club to suffer any long term damage in the wrong hands. FFS , we're staring at terminal damage with them in charge if things are allowed to fester any longer !

BOD speak for the right price

I mean according to Div they were up for the Argies taking over

I feel sorry for SG etal in all this shitfest, if you cannot sell l you cannot sell. This must be driving him demented, torn between an acceptable price and the future custodians of the club.

Fact is that New year just simply has to see some kind of tangiable movement on the sale front. Somewhere someone's price and principles have to be compromised.

Frankly I'd take a shot on the roller coaster and it's uncertain highs and lows, cos presently this is a broken waltzer with no spin , just a laboured single speed that keeps unwinding and slowing down.

We wil be relegated again if this interminable for sale yarn goes on for the rest of this season. It's been the root cause of our fall to date, this has to stop and get recalibrated before we go down again and part time

HNY all buds when it comes.......

I wonder what sort of position we would be in today if we went with the English consortium? They claimed to have a manager in place with a list of players ready to sign.

Would we have survived the SPL? Would we have been asset stripped? Maybe we would have been in the championship but better plans and ideas for the long term future of the club. Was it just called off because some guy had a dodgy past?

I wonder if it was maybe worth the risk.

I wonder what sort of position we would be in today if we went with the English consortium? They claimed to have a manager in place with a list of players ready to sign.

Would we have survived the SPL? Would we have been asset stripped? Maybe we would have been in the championship but better plans and ideas for the long term future of the club. Was it just called off because some guy had a dodgy past?

The English consortium's bid was quickly dissed with that pathetic story about one of the guys working on the bid who wasnt even going to be involved with the club having a previous conviction, given as the reason because....

The thought they were going to get more from the Argentinian group which as we all know blew up in their faces.

Karma? Who can say... The fact is we arevall suffering as a result.

The English consortium's bid was quickly dissed with that pathetic story about one of the guys working on the bid who wasnt even going to be involved with the club having a previous conviction, given as the reason because....

The thought they were going to get more from the Argentinian group which as we all know blew up in their faces.

Karma? Who can say... The fact is we arevall suffering as a result.

One can only wonder....post-4944-0-04046900-1451426797_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

I feel sorry for SG etal in all this shitfest, if you cannot sell l you cannot sell. This must be driving him demented, torn between an acceptable price and the future custodians of the club.

Fact is that New year just simply has to see some kind of tangiable movement on the sale front. Somewhere someone's price and principles have to be compromised.

Frankly I'd take a shot on the roller coaster and it's uncertain highs and lows, cos presently this is a broken waltzer with no spin , just a laboured single speed that keeps unwinding and slowing down.

We wil be relegated again if this interminable for sale yarn goes on for the rest of this season. It's been the root cause of our fall to date, this has to stop and get recalibrated before we go down again and part time

HNY all buds when it comes.......

What is an acceptable price for a club that is going through managers at an alarming rate and have been on the slide for quite some time? SG and his associates will not get the price they where looking for when we where in the premier league, no that we have (so far) slid down 1 division, and if his 'best interests of the club' intentions are sincere, he should consider talking to the fans council, people who are willing to commit to invest in the club. Just a thought

he should consider talking to the fans council, people who are willing to commit to invest in the club. Just a thought

the fans council were set up by the board

it is not in their constitution to own shares or undertake ownership of the club

as you will see elsewhere on the forum smisa are currently looking at the potential of a fans joint bid for the club

simsa members have to date invested over £ 140,000 in the club

the fans council were set up by the board

it is not in their constitution to own shares or undertake ownership of the club

as you will see elsewhere on the forum smisa are currently looking at the potential of a fans joint bid for the club

simsa members have to date invested over £ 140,000 in the club

£140,000 invested?

Is that what has been spent on shares?

£140,000 invested?

Is that what has been spent on shares?

I can see why SMiSA want to buy shares buy wonder if one day they might end up holding them when they have no intrinsic value at all. After all the faffing about nothing seems to have changed despite rumours and nudge, nudge, wink,wink stuff from those apparently in the know. Unless SMiSA ever get into a position where they hold the balance of power, which seems unlikely, it has all the appearance of a worthless exercise,

I can see why SMiSA want to buy shares buy wonder if one day they might end up holding them when they have no intrinsic value at all. After all the faffing about nothing seems to have changed despite rumours and nudge, nudge, wink,wink stuff from those apparently in the know. Unless SMiSA ever get into a position where they hold the balance of power, which seems unlikely, it has all the appearance of a worthless exercise,

it's not about the resell value of the shares or how much they are worth in the future it's about the percentage being held not just by smisa but every current shareholder and therefore the weight of the say they have in the running of a club, each individual shareholder whom I'm pretty sure didn't buy shares in the club to get their (or more) money back at a later date!

a supporters trust and mutual benefit society are not allowed to sell shares on

it's not about the resell value of the shares or how much they are worth in the future it's about the percentage being held not just by smisa but every current shareholder and therefore the weight of the say they have in the running of a club, each individual shareholder whom I'm pretty sure didn't buy shares in the club to get their (or more) money back at a later date!

a supporters trust and mutual benefit society are not allowed to sell shares on

For what or is worth they are allowed to sell shares on but obviously it is not the company purpose.

not just shares it includes everything, eg £50k loan for the dome, YD sponsorship, unissued shares, money for Stewart lean etc etc

So the amount invested in shares has been what so far?

On the basis that a loan is not an investment as it was interest free and returned in full

Morton has never had the opportunity to fulfil it's potential thanks to gross mismanagement at all levels for nigh on the past 3 decades. I'd like to see what our standing was in the Scottish game were we run in a professional and efficient manner. Dare I say had we a Stewart Gilmour running us then maybe we wouldn't be playing at a crumbling wreck of a stadium and be yo-yoing between the championship and seaside leagues.

From a Morton fan

Careful what you wish for, etc. Seems fans of other clubs have more appreciation of our BOD than our own.

From a Morton fan

Careful what you wish for, etc. Seems fans of other clubs have more appreciation of our BOD than our own.

Would you like to add the words 'some' and 'of' to this post please. I would suggest doing it after 'than' and before 'our'.

Edited by pozbaird

Personally, the only people I would trust to own the club are the fans, or a group of wealthy St.Mirren supporting businessmen like we have now.

The board are open to fan ownership, otherwise they wouldn't have spent so long talking to 10,000 hours through several iterations of that bid.

I think the opportunity is there right now with the Gordon Scott/SMiSA bid but whilst I totally understand the structure has to be right and all due diligence needs to be done it does seem to be taking absolutely forever to move forward.

Looking back in hindsight I wonder if the board regret knocking back the original bid from Gordon 6 years ago now.

Div, you would seriously give the people who post on here ownership of the club? And as for wealthy local business people there aren't enough (or perhaps any) who give a toss about us and that type of ownership sadly, in my opinion, it is the only model that will work in the SPFL. If the current board were wealthy in modern day terms, they might have been able to invest a bit more in the club. That's why the other premiership clubs can attract better players than we can, they're topped up by the owners. Our board are well off, well meaning and generous fans of the club but not really wealthy!