The Bod

iainsc

Personally, the only people I would trust to own the club are the fans, or a group of wealthy St.Mirren supporting businessmen like we have now.

The board are open to fan ownership, otherwise they wouldn't have spent so long talking to 10,000 hours through several iterations of that bid.

I think the opportunity is there right now with the Gordon Scott/SMiSA bid but whilst I totally understand the structure has to be right and all due diligence needs to be done it does seem to be taking absolutely forever to move forward.

Looking back in hindsight I wonder if the board regret knocking back the original bid from Gordon 6 years ago now.

no chance...scott was not putting a lot of his own money in...talks a good game...ends there..

Personally, the only people I would trust to own the club are the fans, or a group of wealthy St.Mirren supporting businessmen like we have now.

The board are open to fan ownership, otherwise they wouldn't have spent so long talking to 10,000 hours through several iterations of that bid.

I think the opportunity is there right now with the Gordon Scott/SMiSA bid but whilst I totally understand the structure has to be right and all due diligence needs to be done it does seem to be taking absolutely forever to move forward looking back in hindsight I wonder if the board regret knocking back the original bid from Gordon 6 years ago now.

My post no 14 on this thread probably came across as fairly negative which I didn't mean it to be. I agree with some form of fan ownership but there are an awful lot of questions to be answered. Transparency is conspicuous by its absence and it's little wonder that as things drag on fans are fed up especially as things on the park have been going to hell in a handcart. Is there a group of 52% or is it 75% again? Are two groups talking to one another or are they fighting the bit out? With the apparent absence of a third party showing any interest and some form of fan ownership being the only show in town, can some urgency be injected? All we've had is a lot of hot air and bucketloads of negativity from our in-house Jeremiahs who come up with nothing constructive yet criticise any suggestions to progress matters as pissing in the wind.

If the BOD sell to the fans and further down the line we need to invest say 500k on players, bills, stafium repairs etc and we are skint. Where does the money come from?

I dont know any of our fans with enough money to be able to do this.

Where would that same £500k come from if the current board are still in charge ? they provide mid season loans to keep us going until season ticket money comes in again - then as has happened this season they are paid back because they cant afford to give away money. In a fan takeover we would have a lot more potential providers of loans if they were needed, but anyway the plan will include a rainy day pot which will do the same job as the board do with loans. Then there are plans to attract more investment to be used on improving the team.

Where would that same £500k come from if the current board are still in charge ? they provide mid season loans to keep us going until season ticket money comes in again - then as has happened this season they are paid back because they cant afford to give away money. In a fan takeover we would have a lot more potential providers of loans if they were needed, but anyway the plan will include a rainy day pot which will do the same job as the board do with loans. Then there are plans to attract more investment to be used on improving the team.

Who, the fans.

Edited by pod

In his original bid(s)?

Whose money was he putting in then?

He didn't end up putting in £1 since the club was never sold to him. Rangers can tell the media they are bidding £500k for O Halloran all they like, let's see if they end up signing him and paying out that kind of money or whether talk of being ready to splash £500k is just hot air. I've heard that when GLS's company worked on both stadiums for us we didn't get any discount despite him being a director or any wee extra favours from his firm and that he often did not chip in with the other directors when we had cash flow issues at this time of the year. I don't get why he is seen as someone who would now pay out £1.5m or £1m to buy SMFC and also be ready to iron out cash flow issues or increase investment in the team once he owns the club when he allegedly passed up opportunities to do those things when he was active as a director.