Missing The Premier

I've always said the Scottish premiership is the only show in town. Good stadiums with atmosphere like typecastle make you realise what your missing. Many people seemed almost happy to go down last year as we would be fine and able to visit new places and win games more frequently. Yesterday we played Livingston in front of under 3000 fans, the away end was closed and the teams barely git a clap when coming onto the park. Alex rae was introduced yet again no welcome. It's depressing and we never did enough last year to keep our status. I get this we don't do debt so is it now that we have to accept we are a second tier team. If you look around the top league it's full of teams we should be competing with yet what we have is a truly terrible saints team fighting to just stay in the championship. who on here enjoyed Dumbarton away? Or Raith away? Did you love the Derby at cappielow or a jaunt to dumfries or alloa. I can safely say the whole lot were shit. We're playing poorly so that doesn't help but it's crap, no atmosphere no nothing. Let me ask you tho, how long until we have a team worth watching again? Can we get back up or is it now a decade away in the wilderness again? Thoughts please as after yesterday I feel we have a real risk of back to back relegations

Normally the only St Mirren Team worth watching has been while we have been in the Lower Leagues.

67/68

76/77

99/00

05/06

And apart from the Fergie, Clunie and McFarlane years in the Premier..

IT HAS BEEN MOSTLY SHITE.

With the last 8 years in the League, being the shitiest.

Maybe its just me but I truly believe we are where we belong. We live in the shadow of the Old Firm and struggle with crowds. Every 20-30 years we win odd trophy. Always seen us as a small club and with the board we have a small club attitude. Nothing is done to really promote club in Paisley and surrounding areas. Everything is done on a small scale and ideas put forward by people more often than not brushed aside. The Friday night game against Partick and ticket shambles is a prime example. Yesterday for instance, most people skint so let everybody in for a £5 (goodwill Xmas gesture) but no just usual prices.

I think it's as much to do with football generally where numerous factors contribute to the apathy across the whole country, whether it be football authorities and the changes within the game or civil authorities imposing their will and petty rules (which they reserve only for football) on the clubs and supporters, and short term cash being the main driver in modern football.

that coupled with our clubs gradual decline both in standing in the league and standard of football for the past several years

attending football was exciting in previous years whatever league we were in as there genuine effort and enthusiasm from our team and our support, although there were many downs certainly none seemed as extensive and ongoing as the current low we all currently feel

the main worrying point that continues to come across in every aspect of social media, forums etc is that due to our situation more saints fans than ever are becoming emotionally detached from the club for the sake of their own sanity.

After many games when encouraging the team even when the game seems lost, you can only do that so often, until you realise you are wasting your time and effort, hence the poor response to the new manager being introduced to the home crowd

St.mirren area top flight club absolutely. How can we get this team back. There is no energy or dynamic thinking surrounding the club. The rot has set in and now you can actually see the full scale decline setting in

spot on

problem being we just can't see right now where that inspirational change is going to come from and I think that's why we are so negative

The Tannoy System needs to go in January also.

f**king hopeless thing.

Can't make anything out from the South Stand.

Disgraceful for a modern system.

So that's south stand and west stand that can't hear the tannoy, yet the big telly tells us that the state of the art sound system supplied by some duff company (who must have an incredible sales backhander system pitch) is truly great, no it fecking isn't and that announcer of ours has to be the worst - (applaud the away fans, but play gypsies tramps and thieves when the green lot come to visit) now that is very selective to say the least.

Based on yesterday's performance this time next year we will be reminiscing "Missing the Championship" - because we will be in League 1.

Many Saints fans will have their own memories of their worst ever Saints performance but for me nothing plunged the depths more than what I witnessed yesterday (and I have been supporting St Mirren for over 60 years). I would frankly be struggling to give any of yesterday's team pass marks.

In more ways than one, there were no silver linings to the dark clouds hanging over the club. Our defence leaked like a sieve (from goalkeeper out), our midfield was non-existent in terms of creativity and perhaps you could only excuse our forwards because of the paucity of what was behind them.

Most concerning of all, was the lack of fitness, competitiveness and appetite for the game.

There is something seriously amiss and it's not just footballing ability.

Alex Rae has a daunting challenge in front of him and I genuinely wish him well.

Even the local council can't get their act together evident from the disgraceful state of the approach roads to the ground - particularly Murray Street. You either had to leap over ankle-deep puddles, covering the full width of the pavement, or risk walking on the poorly lit road and getting struck by a car. What kind of impression will this give to visiting fans? What an advert for Paisley and the newly branded Paisley 2021 Stadium!

Edited by northstbuddie

With a 12 team top flight we're gonna be a club that spends most of it's time yo-yoing between the top-two divisions. As a few of us pointed out last season most of the time spent in the first division over the last 2 decades was mind-numbingly awful and focussing on our promotion seasons was likely to lead to disappointment if&when the inevitable occurred - well we told ya so...........

We can only wait until we get the gumbo right once again, will AR be the guy - I certainly hope so, but there's no guarantee so we can only enjoy the pain (Oooooh it hurts so good!) until the eventual upturn occurs.

This is certainly the worst/equal worst team we've had since the '70's - I can't really remember much before 76/77 when I caught the bug, even then we only just scraped into the First Division that season after finishing 6th in the old First Division in 75/76 - that's 24th overall which is the equivalent of a division below where we are now.

We have two options - come on here and moan or get a life. I prefer the former, like I said the only thing to do is enjoy the pain and not to let the language become abusive.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Based on yesterday's performance this time next year we will be reminiscing "Missing the Championship" - because we will be in League 1.

Many Saints fans will have their own memories of their worst ever Saints performance but for me nothing plunged the depths more than what I witnessed yesterday (and I have been supporting St Mirren for over 60 years). I would frankly be struggling to give any of yesterday's team pass marks.

In more ways than one, there were no silver linings to the dark clouds hanging over the club. Our defence leaked like a sieve (from goalkeeper out), our midfield was non-existent in terms of creativity and perhaps you could only excuse our forwards because of the paucity of what was behind them.

Most concerning of all, was the lack of fitness, competitiveness and appetite for the game.

There is something seriously amiss and it's not just footballing ability.

Alex Rae has a daunting challenge in front of him and I genuinely wish him well.

Even the local council can't get their act together evident from the disgraceful state of the approach roads to the ground - particularly Murray Street. You either had to leap over ankle-deep puddles, covering the full width of the pavement, or risk walking on the poorly lit road and getting struck by a car. What kind of impression will this give to visiting fans? What an advert for Paisley and the newly branded Paisley 2021 Stadium!

Exactly, "back the bid - but ignore the reality"

ffs i think i will give this thread a miss.

what a heap of self indulgent, whinging, navel gazing f**king shite.

even the council are getting it.

ffs guys get a life lol.

eeyore sounds manic compared to norrie.

absolutely hilarious.

you truly are a knob, stmirren is a major part of my life and a lot of other peoples..you might not give a f**k but what is happening at the club is upsetting a lot of people..who do u actually support ya clown?

Not sure if we are currently where we belong, but we are certainly where we deserve to be.

Football is about winning, and we don't seem to remember how to do that. Losing has become a habit, and worse still, it seems to have become an acceptable habit.

that announcer of ours has to be the worst - (applaud the away fans, but play gypsies tramps and thieves when the green lot come to visit) now that is very selective to say the least.

A complete arsehole , who reckons he's club hierarchy because he chews the fat with all the other nuggets behind the scenes. He needs his P45 too !

ffs guys get a life lol.

absolutely hilarious.

"get a life" says the guy who spent hours on Christmas Day.. Until 2 in the morning.. Debating with Stuart Dickson about work life balance!

And then spent Boxing Day doing it again!

Absolutely hilarious!

"get a life" says the guy who spent hours on Christmas Day.. Until 2 in the morning.. Debating with Stuart Dickson about work life balance!

And then spent Boxing Day doing it again!

Absolutely hilarious!

& Tells us that we are swearing so much we are chasing the poor wee weans away from football yet continues to use foul & abusive language liberally throughout his posts !!

ffs guys get a life lol.

absolutely hilarious.

Hold on a minute. A few days ago, when I predicted in another thread that it was only a matter of minutes until you posted you would find it 'hilarious' that grown men would get in a tizz over football - you responded saying you had no clue what I was on about.

Here you are again though... In every thread, you find it hilarious that grown men whinge about whatever on forums. Do you still not understand what I meant?

New year's resolution - either stop telling people you find everything 'hilarious', or if it really gets on your tits that badly, don't read forums.

The top league is the place to be ideally, but I've never been less interested in football, in general, than I am now.

If I was going to lose interest in football due to Saints being shite, I would have done it during the 1990s, which were mostly brutal, especially coming off the back of the 1980s when we had some great teams and players.

Yet, I only missed two games, home and away, through the whole of the 1990s, and I pulled out all the stops not to miss those two.

There's loads of reasons why I can't be arsed as much any more, and Saints losing games probably isn't even the biggest one.

I believe we should be looking to be like motherwell and Kilmarnock. Not off the pitch but in terms of always being a premier team. We should with the correct management from the top be a premier league team that is always around the 8/9 mark. Occasionally top six. It's absolutely ridiculous that a club with our facilities today sits in a playoff position. P.s maybe oaksoft would like to wait until we are a league 1 team playing to 1,200 at home v Stranraer before he wakes up. This club is a sinking ship and not one of those players who played yesterday will dig us out this mess.

Hold on a minute. A few days ago, when I predicted in another thread that it was only a matter of minutes until you posted you would find it 'hilarious' that grown men would get in a tizz over football - you responded saying you had no clue what I was on about.

Here you are again though... In every thread, you find it hilarious that grown men whinge about whatever on forums. Do you still not understand what I meant?

New year's resolution - either stop telling people you find everything 'hilarious', or if it really gets on your tits that badly, don't read forums.

it doesnt get on my tits. i find it hilarious. sorry i thought i had made that clear. maybe i should put it in bold, italics and underline it for you?