£10 A Month To Fund New Players

Instead of spending a tenner on scratch cards like i did on Saturday how about a thousand of us sign up to a tenner a month to fund new players who would hopefully keep us in this league.It is unacceptable that teams are running over the top of us and something has to change pronto.We simply are not good enough with the players we have and its showing more evident with every game that there is every chance we could go down again never to return.

The board have had enough and i dont see them putting any more money in so its up to us fans to invest in our team.Monies raised would be used solely on bringing players in.This is a short term answer till May and would cost each of us £50.Short price to pay for our survival in this league and our survival as a club overall.

The above may not be the perfect plan but we cant afford to sit on our hands and do nothing as whats happening at the moment cannot continue.

Good idea but not sure how it would work in practice. Whether we like it or not the BOD are the custodians of the club and presumably can spend any money raised as they see fit, unless SMISA may have a role? Did they not raise the money to sign Stewart Kean years ago?

If someone said chip in £10 for The Goal Machine's wages then i would gladly pay double that. However if it is £10 to pay off Gow then no chance. If we are chipping in then we should have some say in who we are paying for but in principle I would go along with the idea.

Good idea Ian but with our resources teams in this league shouldn't be running over the top of us.

Who's to say that management won't continue to buy a load of shite with the money raised?

David is right Ian, there would be no control over who or what the money would be spent on, and we do have the resources - we just need to hope that Alex Rae can make better use of them than others have done.

Good idea Ian but with our resources teams in this league shouldn't be running over the top of us.

Who's to say that management won't continue to buy a load of shite with the money raised?

I would agree with this.

I appreciate the sentiment behind the idea, but it smacks of utter desperation. Yes, our predicament is desperate, but chucking in a few quid to fund a player or two is unlikely to reverse the current decline. The rot runs far too deep, now.

Edited by Drew

yes simsa did pay £10k to take Stewart Kean from Ayr but it was something the board weren't keen on admitting, it seemed a good idea at the time and he did play a good part for a couple of seasons to be fair and he did add to a squad that had a positive outlook at that time

with hindsight it did work on that occasion, but how would you feel if you had paid towards the last player we bought, dougie imrie from Hamilton for £50k, and he hardly got many full games

I think the point about the club just having more money to waste on duds is relevant particularly with some of the signings over the past few years

Just think that c**t gow is getting money for f**k all we wouldn't need to be suggesting things like this if Murray didn't sign the likes of. Gow. Conlon howieson Carswell. I can bet slmost every fan would agree if they were manager no one would have signed any of them

G*w had a track record that screamed , avoid like the plague . The other 3 hadn't as far as I'm aware . It probably has more to do with having too many lacklustre lazy, ineffective boys . Every manager is bound to get caught out now and again and sign an imposter , even wee Anxious did that but Murray signed too many imposters at one time . In the past when the teams have lacked skill they would exercise determination , there is no determination in our current squad , any determination the team did have was ripped out of it a while ago . .

Guest TPAFKATS

If someone said chip in £10 for The Goal Machine's wages then i would gladly pay double that. However if it is £10 to pay off Gow then no chance. If we are chipping in then we should have some say in who we are paying for but in principle I would go along with the idea.

I'm sure Gow has a better goal scoring ratio at this level than Mehmet.

Just saying

Maybe we are on to a good idea here with some substantial modifications :)

Next season instead of buying a season ticket the manager produces a list of players he is thinking of signing and supporters can sponsor each proposal for the amount that they choose based on how important that player is to them :) . So instead of paying £350 for a season ticket you spend up to £350 in sponsorship!

Last season we could have looked at the list and thought Gow £0, Conlan £0, Goody £100, Mallan £100 etc :) Good idea?

I'm sure Gow has a better goal scoring ratio at this level than Mehmet.

Just saying

1 No he hasn't - not by a long shot. Mehmet scored 56 goals in 164 appearances for us. Gow has scored 61 in a career spanning 13 clubs and 239 games. Mehmet has also scored 67 goals in 131 appearances since leaving us.

2. Gow had a history of injuries and was woeful for the few months that he was here. To renew his contract was crazy.

Just saying :)

1 No he hasn't - not by a long shot. Mehmet scored 56 goals in 164 appearances for us. Gow has scored 61 in a career spanning 13 clubs and 239 games. Mehmet has also scored 67 goals in 131 appearances since leaving us.

2. Gow had a history of injuries and was woeful for the few months that he was here. To renew his contract was crazy.

Just saying :)

This really shocks me. Gow has played 239 games ???

better paying in to improve corporate and fan facilites which have the potential to generate reliable income, in turn the club could commit this to a better player budget

10k a month equals 1 good player, remember what a person receives is only 60-80% of their overall wage cost

Edited by beyond our ken

Count me out ,been paying my ST monies last few seasons which part of would have been used for that purpose.

I am with this young fellow, count me out. My season ticket was expensive enough for the return I have had on it thank you very much.

Perhaps if a number of fans are looking to help financially then I am sure the ticket office will be more than happy to allow you to purchase a half season ticket!

Why should the Fans have to bail out SGG and Co?They have got us into this mess and it's their job to get us back out of the shit.

I don't see it as bailing out the board. Trying to salvage our season by staying in this league as a supporter of the club is how I see it. However we all have our own opinions so would never give out criticism to anyone who disagrees .

I don't see it as bailing out the board. Trying to salvage our season by staying in this league as a supporter of the club is how I see it. However we all have our own opinions so would never give out criticism to anyone who disagrees .

How do our gate prices and season tickets compare to other clubs in this league?

Probably amongst the highest already, people will not want to effectively add another £100 to the cost of the season with no guarantee that it will actually achieve anything.

If budgets guaranteed league placings then we should already be around 3Rd in the table.

Would need another 10k hours type drive to get support for this idea.

Who's going to pay for the bar now?