£10 A Month To Fund New Players

Most of us have my good friend.It was just an idea short term to possibly save our club from oblivion.I only need another 990 to meet my target so heres hoping.

I can see what you're getting at, but our problems go much deeper than chucking a few quid at it.

The main problem with the club is the BOD. They just don't care anymore. They want out and this slump will only come to an end when they sell up and move on. The whole place is toxic at the minute.

this is exactly what happened a few years back, 'unissued' shares (effectively shares that the club hadn't sold) were made available and smisa members contributed to and bought a total of 1877 and 2000 blocks of shares, meaning the cash paid was invested directly into the club. coincidently, much to the trusts frustration, after a period of time these became 'no longer available' ! and soon afterwards the consortium came into being with a collective shareholding of 52% !

actually now that I think about it, the money provided for Stewart Kean meant simsa received unissued shares for it. which kinda brings the original post back into perspective

the government ruling is only at the proposed / review stage at the moment and not yet Implemented, that said if it was law and a supporters trust did have first option to buy they would still need to meet the asking price set by the sellers ( or administrators).

at the moment however this is still the ambition of simsa whether the proposal becomes law or not, this is still being worked on and progressing steadily.

If the full extent of the proposals become law then an independent assessment would be made of the value of any majority shareholding put up for sale

I can see what you're getting at, but our problems go much deeper than chucking a few quid at it.

The main problem with the club is the BOD. They just don't care anymore. They want out and this slump will only come to an end when they sell up and move on. The whole place is toxic at the minute.

^^^^yup^^^^^

Everything else that is getting played out just now is just background noise, irritating as hell and high value nuisance, but worth sweet f**k all in this context.

I wouldn't say that the BoD dont care as such, but as I said elsewhere, something has to give soon, between price, principles and business sell off.

Otherwise , its a continued downward spiral for all.........................

Factually correct.

Stupid is just your opinion, which means f**k all

Factually incorrect. Mehmet has a substantially better scoring record than Gow.

Not sure exactly what you are referring to when to talk about levels. Let's take the SPL for example. In the SPL Mehmet was our top scorer 3 years running (2008-2010) with 8, 15, 17 goals. Gow was top scorer for Falkirk in the SPL 2006-2007 with 10 and 8 goals. Gow moved to Rangers but never scored for them. He scored 1 for Hibs in 2010 and 2 for Motherwell in 2011 ie a grand total of 21 goals as an SPL player with Billy scoring double that amount.

After leaving Falkirk Gow only scored16 goals with 8 clubs over 5 years with 5 of these goals in India.

Whatever way you look at it Mehmet is a far superior striker in his career that Gow ever was :)

If the full extent of the proposals become law then an independent assessment would be made of the value of any majority shareholding put up for sale

If the supporters don't buy it do private buyers have an option at the independent assessment price - assuming the club is in administration, or not as the case may be.

Guest TPAFKATS

Factually incorrect. Mehmet has a substantially better scoring record than Gow.

Not sure exactly what you are referring to when to talk about levels. Let's take the SPL for example. In the SPL Mehmet was our top scorer 3 years running (2008-2010) with 8, 15, 17 goals. Gow was top scorer for Falkirk in the SPL 2006-2007 with 10 and 8 goals. Gow moved to Rangers but never scored for them. He scored 1 for Hibs in 2010 and 2 for Motherwell in 2011 ie a grand total of 21 goals as an SPL player with Billy scoring double that amount.

After leaving Falkirk Gow only scored16 goals with 8 clubs over 5 years with 5 of these goals in India.

Whatever way you look at it Mehmet is a far superior striker in his career that Gow ever was :)

We are in the second tier of Scottish football, so when I spoke about Gow having a better goal scoring ratio at this level it was in reference to Mehmet scoring 1 in a season, at this level

If the supporters don't buy it do private buyers have an option at the independent assessment price - assuming the club is in administration, or not as the case may be.

Not an enforceable right.

The right to buy would only apply to groups such as CICs and CBS's

Edited by rea

We are in the second tier of Scottish football, so when I spoke about Gow having a better goal scoring ratio at this level it was in reference to Mehmet scoring 1 in a season, at this level

The last time we were in the second tier of Scottish football (2005-2006) Billy scored the winner against Dundee for us to win the Championship then scored again the following week to give us a win against Stranraer giving him a total of 2 goals in the second tier. Gow hasn't scored in the second tier for us in the League - his one goal was against Annan :)

Come on admit it, Billy beats Gow hands down :)

The last time we were in the second tier of Scottish football (2005-2006) Billy scored the winner against Dundee for us to win the Championship then scored again the following week to give us a win against Stranraer giving him a total of 2 goals in the second tier. Gow hasn't scored in the second tier for us in the League - his one goal was against Annan :)

I certainly don't recall Mehmet standing around watching the ball just bounce around him. Gow's performance at Annan was utterly abysmal, he barely even moved to celebrate his goal.

Guest TPAFKATS

Haha, I'm not defending Gow, he's a ghost and a wage thief. Just pointing out Mehmet wasn't called goalmachine due to his prowess in the championship!

Exactly. Customers shouldn't be dipping further into their own pockets to fund yet another signing. If the owners of the club want to protect their investment and to stop the slide at the club than that is their role. If SMiSA were to contribute to such a scheme I'd be one member stopping my contribution

What do you care, this is a forum about the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co. Go infest another forum you damnable blaggard!

Instead of paying players £500-£1500 a week for performances and results below all bar Alloa Athletic, why not pay them what their talent is worthy of ....that might jolt a few into giving a shit.

Bloody lucky they have contracts many of them.

Just think ...knock that range down even a fraction for the standard their "work" to date shows they are,

£400-£1200 for starters would free up about £2000 a week for several decent players.

Say we have a squad of 23 or so.. has anyone seen Deal or no deal?

The main problem is there's no takers that really care.

I, and I Am sure, all saints fans share the OP's frustrations, and will to make something change for the better.

I believe Smisa provide the best long term option to save the club, and make no mistake it now needs "Saving". The revenue streams are drying up, people are voting with their feet, parachute payments will end, and if relegated the whole structure of the club (as is) would become completely unaffordable.

We are constantly told the club is "debt free"... Strange that a "debt free" club is continually paying back loans needed to pay the wages.

£245k in the last accounts, what will be needed, and will anyone provide it if we are relegated again?

Ironically with all the rain we have seen recently the message should have got through to us...."Join, increase, fund raise for Smisa.... It's time to build the Ark before all is swept away"

Who else will save our saints?