£10 A Month To Fund New Players

Three season tickets a year 3 St.Mirren tops 2 tickets to the anual dinner. Then add away games pies and drinks for 3!

That's how much I put in every year add to that the size able contribution in the envelope at the end of season dinner...

Would I then put in £10 a month to pay for player's wages! Probably yes...

But I would not give a penny to the Board AGAIN and ultimately they control wage budget!

And would the BOARD use this as a tool to invest less?

The Board are going to have to cut there loses and except that because of there poor decisions the club is worth less!

Exactly. Customers shouldn't be dipping further into their own pockets to fund yet another signing. If the owners of the club want to protect their investment and to stop the slide at the club than that is their role. If SMiSA were to contribute to such a scheme I'd be one member stopping my contribution

you are a member of smisa?

Beat me to it.

Explain this, Stuart, please.....

It doesn't need explanation. I contribute to a number of independent supporters associations and have done so for a very long time now. I was one of the first 100 members of SMiSA and stopped my membership after t-shirt and towel gate. I rejoined backing the guys currently in charge an their stated ambitions, but I'll have no qualms about stopping again if I think the goal has changed again from share ownership and putting fans on the board.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

thats not very super fan of you.

i thought this club was your life?

only when we are winning eh?

His point is valid though, I'm no expert in company law but could our board of directors be close to breaching their responsibilities as directors of a company.

If the club needs a cash injection and there is a supporters group willing to invest shouldn't they be looking to free up the share assets?

Wasn't there some Scottish government ruling recently about supporters groups having first opportunity to buy into shares?

As said I'm no expert but no way would I expect ordinary fans to further finance the debacle we have become.

Guest TPAFKATS

1 No he hasn't - not by a long shot. Mehmet scored 56 goals in 164 appearances for us. Gow has scored 61 in a career spanning 13 clubs and 239 games. Mehmet has also scored 67 goals in 131 appearances since leaving us.

2. Gow had a history of injuries and was woeful for the few months that he was here. To renew his contract was crazy.

Just saying :)

1. I did say at this level ;-)

2. Not disagreeing with this.

If the club needs a cash injection and there is a supporters group willing to invest shouldn't they be looking to free up the share assets?

Wasn't there some Scottish government ruling recently about supporters groups having first opportunity to buy into shares?

As said I'm no expert but no way would I expect ordinary fans to further finance the debacle we have become.

this is exactly what happened a few years back, 'unissued' shares (effectively shares that the club hadn't sold) were made available and smisa members contributed to and bought a total of 1877 and 2000 blocks of shares, meaning the cash paid was invested directly into the club. coincidently, much to the trusts frustration, after a period of time these became 'no longer available' ! and soon afterwards the consortium came into being with a collective shareholding of 52% !

actually now that I think about it, the money provided for Stewart Kean meant simsa received unissued shares for it. which kinda brings the original post back into perspective

the government ruling is only at the proposed / review stage at the moment and not yet Implemented, that said if it was law and a supporters trust did have first option to buy they would still need to meet the asking price set by the sellers ( or administrators).

at the moment however this is still the ambition of simsa whether the proposal becomes law or not, this is still being worked on and progressing steadily.

Instead of paying players £500-£1500 a week for performances and results below all bar Alloa Athletic, why not pay them what their talent is worthy of ....that might jolt a few into giving a shit.

Bloody lucky they have contracts many of them.

Just think ...knock that range down even a fraction for the standard their "work" to date shows they are,

£400-£1200 for starters would free up about £2000 a week for several decent players.

Edited by WirralSaint

I've ready paid several hundred pounds on a season ticket this season and I feel that's more than enough to cough up. Count me out.

Most of us have my good friend.It was just an idea short term to possibly save our club from oblivion.I only need another 990 to meet my target so heres hoping.

Instead of paying players £500-£1500 a week for performances and results below all bar Alloa Athletic, why not pay them what their talent is worthy of ....that might jolt a few into giving a shit.

Bloody lucky they have contracts many of them.

Just think ...knock that range down even a fraction for the standard their "work" to date shows they are,

£400-£1200 for starters would free up about £2000 a week for several decent players.

The problem is that we pretty much are paying market value for the players. Maybe if we were in mainland Europe and not right next to SKYSPORTSland then we could pay a bit less. The representative of each of our players will be saying "I can get you £X down south..." and here's hoping they do during January.