Nathan Austin

Sweeper07

Would be astounded if we got him. 27 goals in 49 appearances for East Fife. Supposedly some Premiership clubs looking at him and allegedly East Fife were looking for a substantial transfer fee in the summer which put Scottish clubs off. He has scored 15 goals in 23 appearances this season for a team that is mid-table. Compared to what we have I think he will walk into our team (part-time strikers with Dumbarton have a better scoring rate that our full-time strikers). But cannot see us signing him.

Back to the summer speculation, I know Nathan (aka Fash) very well. He believes he is going to Dundee with East Fife fans believing that he is going there also in an £80k move. This was before Alex Rae became manager though.

His brother Jordan is a better all round player, he is following the same route as Fash and is currently at the same amatuer team as which his brother was at Leven united. Though is signing for East Fife very soon. Weather it be in January or in the summer.

Back to the summer speculation, I know Nathan (aka Fash) very well. He believes he is going to Dundee with East Fife fans believing that he is going there also in an £80k move. This was before Alex Rae became manager though.

His brother Jordan is a better all round player, he is following the same route as Fash and is currently at the same amatuer team as which his brother was at Leven united. Though is signing for East Fife very soon. Weather it be in January or in the summer.

So what you are saying is, if only Rae can find someone to pay £80k for Alan Gow its a done deal?

• 2 weeks later...

If true, we are definitely on our uppers when a club smaller than us is a better choice.

They are getting bigger crowds than us this season (about 20% higher in fact) so with our parachute payment our incomes just about level out. However, they are servicing debts and are reliant on some money from one or two of their directors. But they are on a high at the moment and look to have a much better chance of promotion to the top league in the near future than we do so I think they're a bit ahead of us at the moment.