Alex Rae's 1St Signing

Flareybob

Rae seemed to say we have a lot of young boys stepping up from develoment team football and a fair amount of experienced players (Thommo, Gow, Goodwin, Webster, Langfield) but hardly any in the 25-30 age bracket (except Watson and Agnew) and he reckoned we needed more in the 25-30 age group to balance the squad. You could argue that of the senior players only Goodwin has been decent so far this season.

I would go as far as saying Goodwin is the only decent player we have in the squad.

Rae seemed to say we have a lot of young boys stepping up from develoment team football and a fair amount of experienced players (Thommo, Gow, Goodwin, Webster, Langfield) but hardly any in the 25-30 age bracket (except Watson and Agnew) and he reckoned we needed more in the 25-30 age group to balance the squad. You could argue that of the senior players only Goodwin has been decent so far this season.

The 76/77 squad only had Young, Beckett & McDowall in the 25-30 age bracket I think. Billy Johnston was the only guy in the 30+ category until Jack Copland arrived.

The rest were all under 25 with a fair few 21 and under.

The 76/77 squad only had Young, Beckett & McDowall in the 25-30 age bracket I think. Billy Johnston was the only guy in the 30+ category until Jack Copland arrived.

The rest were all under 25 with a fair few 21 and under.

The 76/77 team's under 21's were decent whereas our young guys haven't really shown themselves to be of decent SPL or even Championship quality yet: eg Naismith, Kelly, Baird, Mallan, McLear, Morgan even though a few of them jave been with Scotland U21 squads.

What we need right now is some good players, whatever their age!

Btw, what other 18 year olds do we currently have in the first team?

Young players, not necessarily 18 years old ffs! What we need isn't an untried 18 year old boy, is it?

Aye if he turns out to be a superstar, then great. Chances are he will have potential, unfortunately we can afford to rely on that at the moment.

Drury was a dreadful player. Perfectly summed up by the rate that the quality of club he's signed for has fallen.

Plummer on the other hand was very decent but unlucky with injuries. Sonupe had zero chance at all to show if he was good or not. Cornell, whilst pretty poor was better than Ridgers or arguably Langfield. Caprice wasn't cut out for football, much like Luke Conlan isn't.

Agree with all but Cornell was a dreadful keeper not as good as ridgers. Ridgers kicking is poor but he done nothing else wrong while our no1 and was harshly dropped

Im shocked that theres no rumours about any players coming in to us.It was always good for a laugh . Whats happened to all the guys in the know.

All the guys in the know can't tell you anything if there's no players coming in. Not to be laughed at.

I see Livingston have signed another loan player from Rangers. They are gambling on signing players in an effort to stay in contention with the likes of us at the bottom. My problem is, they clearly don't have the money to pay for these players given that they have less than 500 home fans in attendance.

How can this shower sustain this amount of debt and yet again get away with it.

We need to get the finger out and sign some decent players and make sure they don't stay up at our expense.

From the various chatter it will ve a toss up between a player currently plying there trade in scotland for a loan/no fee signing, and the fruit of Tae's contacts down south as to who his first signing will be.

I an guessing it will be someone from down south first on a no fee signing. Obviously LoveStreet will confirm or rubbish this in due course.

From the various chatter it will ve a toss up between a player currently plying there trade in scotland for a loan/no fee signing, and the fruit of Tae's contacts down south as to who his first signing will be.

I an guessing it will be someone from down south first on a no fee signing. Obviously LoveStreet will confirm or rubbish this in due course.

No players from England ,please.