Transfer Market

stripey

The two loan players (reid and Conlan) returning could maybe free up one wage. I dont think anyone will be heading out unless its on loan. We now have ridgers back. Not sure what percentage killie were paying of his wages but thats another addition to the wage budget.

I don't think Ridgers will be back

rk Ridgers @MarkRidgers 17h17 hours ago Edinburgh, Scotland

Good point today for the lads @OfficialKillie and good to see @saintmirrenfc getting a win! Now to see what the future holds..

I don't think Ridgers will be back

rk Ridgers @MarkRidgers 17h17 hours ago Edinburgh, Scotland

Good point today for the lads @OfficialKillie and good to see @saintmirrenfc getting a win! Now to see what the future holds..

Not sure who would take him off our hands, other than Killie.

If they're keen to keep him, then I don't reckon we'd be hard to deal with.

I actually did post frequently on the Gow signs thread that he has only played 81 minutes of league football this year and hasn't played since the end of August. Gow and Thommo were crazy first signings for Murray to make. A look at Gow's career stats showed he last managed over 30 games in a season with the team he was signed for at the start of the season when he was with Falkirk about 10 years. Since then he has often been sent out on loan not long after signing for a new club. I could see why Teale took a punt on Gow when all we could sign were free agents after selling McLean on the final afternoon of the January window but to make him your first signing as a new manager being brought in to freshen things up and clear out the deadwood was bonkers.

Thommo was also a bonkers signing by Murray - turning 37 during the season after all his injury problems last year and loss of form it was always going to be 50/50 at best as to whether he had a Roy of the Rovers swansong or was sitting on 1 goal in the league as he entered January.

Agnew, stepping up from part time to full time football aged 28 was another given that Murray commented that it was largely U20 development players left in contract when he took over and he needed to get experienced guys in to help them - Gow had a track record, Thommo was a real gamble, and bringing in Agnew as a senior player who had never played at the level Naismith, Kelly, Mallan, Baird has played at in much sorter careers.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

I actually did post frequently on the Gow signs thread that he has only played 81 minutes of league football this year and hasn't played since the end of August. Gow and Thommo were crazy first signings for Murray to make. A look at Gow's career stats showed he last managed over 30 games in a season with the team he was signed for at the start of the season when he was with Falkirk about 10 years. Since then he has often been sent out on loan not long after signing for a new club. I could see why Teale took a punt on Gow when all we could sign were free agents after selling McLean on the final afternoon of the January window but to make him your first signing as a new manager being brought in to freshen things up and clear out the deadline was bonkers.

Thommo was also a bonkers signing by Murray - turning 37 during the season after all his injury problems last year and loss of form it was always going to be 50/50 at best as to whether he had a Roy of the Rovers swansong or was sitting on 1 goal in the league as he entered January.

Agnew, stepping up from part time to full time football aged 28 was another given that Murray commented that it was largely U20 development players left in contract when he took over and he needed to get experienced guys in to help them - Gow had a track record, Thommo was a real gamble, and bringing in Agnew as a senior player who had never played at the level Naismith, Kelly, Mallan, Baird has played at in much sorter careers.

I think any new manager coming in to a new team wants to get the team on his side and its his task to sort out out his "team leaders" to do so. So signing Thommo was a no brainer given his past record and adulation from the fans. Gow was the "real gamble" given his track record with St Mirren. Maybe we are both wrong and the way things are going we will both be right but f**k it ......C'mon ye Saints

Have to say I was impressed by Rae on Radio Scotland yesterday. Honest summing up of situation and reality of transfer market at this time. If he can get across his ideas to the team and has a bit of luck during the next few weeks, I feel we will definitely improve. Could not be much worse really. result on Saturday was great but overall the performance still left a lot to be desired.

I think mclear and/or morgan would benefit from going out on loan in this window. Both look promising enough, though need more first team game time. Something i feel they would get at a league 1 side.

I totally agree, both should be getting regular game time, problem for us is that both will be likely be needed at various points over the rest of the season unless we bring in other players. I'd include Jordan Stewart in this list too, and possibly Jack Baird when Naismith is fit as Watson will likely move back inside.

Have to say I was impressed by Rae on Radio Scotland yesterday. Honest summing up of situation and reality of transfer market at this time. If he can get across his ideas to the team and has a bit of luck during the next few weeks, I feel we will definitely improve. Could not be much worse really. result on Saturday was great but overall the performance still left a lot to be desired.

Other than the result, the other only noteable improvment was there did seem to be some sort of formation that the team seemed to stick too, which to date, I have barely seen.

One or two glimpses of football but overall it was not a good watch and was glad when the FT whislte came.

IMO, Goodwin back to free up Mallan and replace Agnew would also help us.