Motorhead For No.1

proudtobeabuddy

Don't know if anyone has noticed this but there is a push on facebook to get Motorhead's Ace of Spades to no.1 and knock Justin Bieber off the top spot. I think it would be a fitting tribute to Lemmy.

https://www.facebook.com/motorheadforno1/?fref=ts

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

If 'getting to Number One' actually meant more than the square root of fcuk-all, then I'd go out and buy the Motorhead single (coloured vinyl and a picture sleeve please)...

The last time having a number one, smash hit in the pop chart hit parade actually registered with me was probably the Blur v Oasis battle in the 1990s.

These days it is about as relevant as last season's St Mirren home shirt.

I've always been kinda puzzled about why some folk rush out to buy an artists work upon their death (tactfully ignoring Phil Taylor's recent departure but I suppose Lemmy was Motörhead). In this particular case 35 years after the track originally came out who likes it but doesn't already have a copy - I've got it on the eponymous CD, a Greatest Hits one and a coupla Rock/Metal/Guitar compilations I bought to get other tracks.

I imagine it'll be downloaded, listened to a coupla times in the coming week and disappear down the shuffle order of most of the buyers digital music library. I'd have been more impressed if the campaign had been to push a lesser know Motörhead "classic" like for example Killed by Death.

Still I guess that's the way Lemmy would've liked it baby, he didn't want to live forever.............

...........and don't forget the joker!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Remember going to a Motorhead gig at the Apollo about '82/83. Brian Robertson was guitarist after "fast" Eddie Clarke had chucked it. They wouldn't play any of of the old Motorhead favourites on the back of No Sleep ti'l Hammersmith album and got a power from the crowd. It was the same day as a Rod Stewart gig at Hampden or maybe even Ipox or Porkheid and the City was awash wish Tartan clad fannies, bikers and me.

I wasn't alone that day as the nutcases that I was in tow with are no longer alive due to their desire for a rock and rock lifestyle (RIP Innes, Midder and Stove") but what a f**king laugh we had that day.

Edited by dani bongo