Thomas Stickroth Goal...

The one I remember with greater glee is the one against Celtic at Parkhead.

I think you are thinking of the Torfason goal which he scored from a Stickroth cross.

The way Stickroth beat the full back and got the cross in at the corner flag was incredible... As was Torfason's bullet header.

Problem is that Stickroth very rarely produced moments of magic like that.

He spent most games in hiding.

Good to see he's still wearing a bit of black and white

Looking in far better nick than George Michael these days too.

My main memory of Stickroth was when he scored a last minute goal in a Tennants Sixes match just before the full-time whistle only for him to then lose the plot and get booked after the ref said he'd already blown his whistle for the end of the game.

Edited by Stu

Was talking about this the other day, Stickroth scored probably the best goal I've ever seen at the old stadium, was against Arbroath I think, not sure...he scissor kicked it from outside box at the Love st end..pretty sure we won 1-0 and it was a cup game..anybody else remember this?

Remember it well. Looked almost effortless as he swept it into the top corner. The guy was capable of far more than he achieved in my opinion.

I remember Stickroth looking completely uninterested most of the time but I recall arriving at McDiarmid Park for a game and seeing him stroll off the park during the warm up to have a wee kiss and cuddle with his girlfriend who was either new or had come over for the game.

He then went out and played a blinder, and I'm sure it was just to impress her.

Also remember a game at Easter Road where it was so wet that we got moved from behind the goals (where there was no cover) into the main stand after the game had started. The bold Stickroth was getting soaked out on the far wing and asked Tony Fitz if he could change wing so he could get some shelter from the main stand.

It's amazing to think we spunked £400K on him but then again we were bringing in close to £300K in those days on players like Cameron, Winnie and Hamilton so it's all relative.

I remember Stickroth looking completely uninterested most of the time but I recall arriving at McDiarmid Park for a game and seeing him stroll off the park during the warm up to have a wee kiss and cuddle with his girlfriend who was either new or had come over for the game.

Also remember a game at Easter Road where it was so wet that we got moved from behind the goals (where there was no cover) into the main stand after the game had started. The bold Stickroth was getting soaked out on the far wing and asked Tony Fitz if he could change wing so he could get some shelter from the main stand.

It's amazing to think we spunked £400K on him but then again we were bringing in close to £300K in those days on players like Cameron, Winnie and Hamilton so it's all relative.

£400K after a sub appearance against Rangers when almost the entire St Mirren support seemed to be chanting "Sign him, sign him"...

You're right though, he lacked motivation to perform regularly and just wasn't up for a fight, which was a shame as he was very talented.

wasn't up for a fight

Although there was an article in the paper at the time suggesting that Stickroth had been involved in a bit of a dust up whilst on a night out before he joined us. I think him and his mates had brought fists along to a knife fight.

The money was weighted to transfer fees rather than wages in those days. Still a lot of money, though.

When he was out injured you used to see him with his entourage, including stunning burd, catching the train to Glasgow after the games.

Although there was an article in the paper at the time suggesting that Stickroth had been involved in a bit of a dust up whilst on a night out before he joined us. I think him and his mates had brought fists along to a knife fight.

The money was weighted to transfer fees rather than wages in those days. Still a lot of money, though.

When he was out injured you used to see him with his entourage, including stunning burd, catching the train to Glasgow after the games.

My mate had a season ticket for the Main Stand

The stunning burd sat in front of him and the durty b*st*ard had a fly wank about her about every game

• 1 year later...

Currently assistant manager at FSV Frankfurt.

I fondly remember that game against Rangers and the crowd chanting to sign him after coming on as a sub plus the incident with his stunning girlfriend in Perth.

Can't imagine we will spend £400k on any one player in my lifetime and to think that was well over 25 years ago.

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Too expensive wages for us  not consistent the type of player that put us into debt and why green road is our new home. Wake up ffs. 

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Scary we have so many fans who cant grasp reality regarding the bottom line. Q

Who lit your pipe FFS? :lol:

I was assured around the time by a board member that £400K was paper talk and we paid a lot less.