Kodi Software, Android Tv Box Etc

Guest TPAFKATS

Guest TPAFKATS

Anybody tried these and got views on what kind to purchase. I see they start from 20 odd quid on Amazon. Heard you need to get a mini keyboard for ease of use, other than that I'm stumped by the range available

I didn't try an Android box but I did buy an Amazon Fire Stick and installed Kodi on it. It was reasonably easy to install and setting up the links to the media content providers was straightforward enough - there are loads of videos on You Tube giving easy to follow instructions. You don't need a keyboard either for the Fire Stick. There is an app you can download to your mobile phone for free that gives you that functionality. I think all in all I was up and running in about 15 minutes. However I soon ditched it again when it became apparent that I would either have to give my credit card details to someone running a dodgy server - something I wasn't willing to do - or I would need to spend 15 - 20 minutes every few days trying to source new links because the free content providers links often break and aren't updated. My Fire Stick now sits back in its box in a drawer in our cinema room.

There are loads of sports content links out there and you'll easily get access to all English Premiership matches, even the ones with a Saturday 3pm kick off. It just wasn't something I had the patience for especially since more often than not I'm pretty happy to get my football fix on Sky Sports and BT Sports and I wouldn't ditch them for a dodgy stream of the same game.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Anybody tried these and got views on what kind to purchase. I see they start from 20 odd quid on Amazon. Heard you need to get a mini keyboard for ease of use, other than that I'm stumped by the range available

They are not very good mate ,you are relying on streams so if they are not very good all you will get is buffering .know a couple of folk that had them.

Depends what you want it for. I've got the firetv stick and it works great with kodi on it. Any buffering (if you get any) is mainly due to your own wireless connection not the servers. There are a couple of places where you can pay a couple of quid a month via PayPal and get better quality streams for sports, video and TV programs. If you want a wired connection go for the firetv box, it's a bit more expensive than the stick but the stick is only wireless. Don't expect to get it set up in the 15 minutes that numbnuts quoted, though. It takes longer than that just to configure kodi properly. Expect it to take about 2 hours to properly configure it and add your favourite shows/movies etc. I know a guy (not me) that does it all, for a wee back hander of course, if you are interested. I just use the control that comes with it but you can add a Bluetooth keyboard if you want but I'm not sure which ones are compatible. You'd need to Google that.

I've never used any of the other makes so I can't comment on them.

f**k off - 2 hours. You really are thick.

Do a search on You Tube for How To Set Up Kodi On Amazon Fire and there's not one video 2 hours long. Indeed some last just 8 minutes and there's one that will set you up on Super Repo in just 6 minutes

Ear bitingly stupid.....or desperately trying to make money off a forum member. I can't make up my mind which it is.....ach I'll just go with stupid after all you've got plenty of form Ernie.....rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I have Kodi on all of my devices.

I have the Amazon Tv Box (80 quid) and I put kodi on that direct in to my TV connect with ethernet cable and the quality is excellent, I am getting

virgin 200mbits next week so it will be even better again.

As slarti says above you can subscribe for around a tenner a month and you get an add on which you install on kodi to give you sky sports hd and other hd sports channels and sky movies,

Kodi is useless without the add ons, there are thousands of addons.

Its a bit footery getting kodi on to a amazon fire tv stick and amazon tv box, but there is plenty of help through google.

Amazon fire stick and tv box is on the android operating system so if you are used to farting around with android phones

then you are halfway there

I didn't try an Android box but I did buy an Amazon Fire Stick and installed Kodi on it. It was reasonably easy to install and setting up the links to the media content providers was straightforward enough - there are loads of videos on You Tube giving easy to follow instructions. You don't need a keyboard either for the Fire Stick. There is an app you can download to your mobile phone for free that gives you that functionality. I think all in all I was up and running in about 15 minutes. However I soon ditched it again when it became apparent that I would either have to give my credit card details to someone running a dodgy server - something I wasn't willing to do - or I would need to spend 15 - 20 minutes every few days trying to source new links because the free content providers links often break and aren't updated. My Fire Stick now sits back in its box in a drawer in our cinema room.

There are loads of sports content links out there and you'll easily get access to all English Premiership matches, even the ones with a Saturday 3pm kick off. It just wasn't something I had the patience for especially since more often than not I'm pretty happy to get my football fix on Sky Sports and BT Sports and I wouldn't ditch them for a dodgy stream of the same game.

#cinemaroom

^^^

Lol. Someone doesn't know how to set up kodi properly.

As I said, and I've mentioned it previously in a couple of other threads, it's not me that does it. I would be making nothing whatsoever out of it.

Tell me, how long did it take you to connect the firetv stick to your WiFi? How long did it take you to unpack the stick in the first place? How long did it take to download kodi? How long did it take you to sideload kodi? How long did it take to download the add-ons? How many add-ons did you download? How did you configure them? How long did it take you to realise that you would have to give your details to someone with a dodgy server? 15 minutes in total? You're talking bollox. Especially if you are following instructions on a YouTube video.

Again, this is you desperately trying to prove me wrong about anything at all. It appears to be an obsession you've got, and one you've had for a while. You go about claiming that you are thick, that it's because the state education failed you, then you go about trying to prove others (usually me) wrong while all the time you are just proving your initial claim, that you are thick, to be accurate.

If you want to try and prove me wrong, at least wait until I have said something wrong in the first place.

#numbnuts

Anyone who is sufficiently down the evolutionary path to have opposable thumbs won't need 105 minutes to open a box and to plug the fire stick into their HDMI port on their telly.....but I forgot to make allowances for you.

Listen if Tony Soprano wants mugged off by some dodgy chancer to do a job that takes 15 minutes or he's happy to send his personal details to an Internet savvy thief then who am I to stop him. :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS

Thanks for the initial responses, I even liked the first from dicko, being full of the spirit of the new year festivities as I was. However, now dicko is back in full on flaccid strap-on mode and the thread has now descended into bickering.

The way of most others on here...

Aye. You are on about downloading some dodgy software, and paying some herbert £10 a month for perhaps a slightly better stream, when all you need is an android/iphone, pc, laptop, tablet, apple box, fire stick etc, or a smart telly that lets you 'mirror' what your device is playing.

Erm no. If you read the posts you'd know that I purchased an Amazon Fire stick, installed it, used it, decided I didn't like it and ditched it without ever paying some dodgy herbert cause I'm not that stupid. It's Startibartfast who claimed it took many hours to set up Kodi, who said he could recommend some dodgy herbert who could set it up and claimed he knew of even more dodgy people who you could send money to by Paypal to provide you an stream of dodgy channels.

Aye. You are on about downloading some dodgy software, and paying some herbert £10 a month for perhaps a slightly better stream, when all you need is an android/iphone, pc, laptop, tablet, apple box, fire stick etc, or a smart telly that lets you 'mirror' what your device is playing.

Ah'm feckin lost, who's herbert. is that wan o yon shulls aliases?

Erm no. If you read the posts you'd know that I purchased an Amazon Fire stick, installed it, used it, decided I didn't like it and ditched it without ever paying some dodgy herbert cause I'm not that stupid. It's Startibartfast who claimed it took many hours to set up Kodi, who said he could recommend some dodgy herbert who could set it up and claimed he knew of even more dodgy people who you could send money to by Paypal to provide you an stream of dodgy channels.

theres that feckin herbert again, is he the new saints manager when alex rae is bagged?