It's Question Time........

HSS

My Fiesta has a heated windscreen also heated wing mirrors. It was great this morning. Still had to scrape side windows though boo-sign.gif

Yeh , Ford have been doing it for several years . I first saw it on a Mondeo about 18yrs. It was very effective. .

As for side windows , they often clear if you wind them down. .

Mrs Poz' Fiesta has a heated front windscreen, as folk above have said. Her Fiesta is a cracking wee car. Great drive too. Lots of fun and good feedback through the steering. There's really nothing I can find fault with in her Fiesta, aside from the fcuking Dolly Parton CD in the player.

Heated seats, though, what a nightmare. First time I got a lift in my late father-in-law's (girlfriend's dad, then) Volvo, was the morning after I'd been out on the batter. Was feeling a bit shady, so when I felt heat rising from the seat, i thought I had shat/pished ma'sel!

Fords have had a Quick Clear windscreen for a good few years now. As HSS says, seems a basic spec requirement given our climate.

• 2 weeks later...

Must admit would love to have a heated windscreen. Is that not an extra with Ford.

Love heated seats get into the car when its freezing and you are warm even before the hot air is flowing.

One thing I hate is City Car Braking where the car will automatically stop when it detects anything in front at speeds under 30mph. Coming to a junction going into a turning lane the car detected another car so City Car Braking kicked in the car behind me nearly slammed into the back of me. The driver was going nuts wondering why I had just stopped. At least you can over ride it to turn it off

Adaptive Crouse Control is good automatically keeping you a safe distance from the car in front by breaking and speeding up when clear in front to the speed set.

Must admit would love to have a heated windscreen. Is that not an extra with Ford.

Love heated seats get into the car when its freezing and you are warm even before the hot air is flowing.

One thing I hate is City Car Braking where the car will automatically stop when it detects anything in front at speeds under 30mph. Coming to a junction going into a turning lane the car detected another car so City Car Braking kicked in the car behind me nearly slammed into the back of me. The driver was going nuts wondering why I had just stopped. At least you can over ride it to turn it off

Adaptive Crouse Control is good automatically keeping you a safe distance from the car in front by breaking and speeding up when clear in front to the speed set.

Both of those measures you mention sound like an approach to driverless cars, which are obviously now out there. The thought of a long motorway journey whereby you don't have to do much sounds okay but for around town , those measures you mention sound like madness in the same way that , cruise control isn't much use around town. .

• 2 years later...
Ford came up with the idea and patented it.
Hence any other company using it has to pay Ford for the privilege.
Not any more, seemingly. My sister-in-law's just bought a delivery mileage Corsa which has one, according to the sales rep the patent's expired.

6 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:
11 minutes ago, Longtimecoming said:
Ford came up with the idea and patented it.
Hence any other company using it has to pay Ford for the privilege.

Not any more, seemingly. My sister-in-law's just bought a delivery mileage Corsa which has one, according to the sales rep the patent's expired.

It was a guy at work who told me when he bought his Honda.

To be fair that was last year so could have changed since then.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My Mercedes (naturally) has heated front and rear windows, mirrors and seats and self parks (or would if I let it) Stops if it detects an object. Darned if it doesn't also have a self opening and closing boot. Not like my old split window Morris Minor where I had to twist two wires together to activate the heater. Had it's own window heating system as the engine would go on fire.  Those were the days.