St Mirren Public Address System

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Absolutely shocking today again.

No point having the great Bung a Baw thing at the Family Stand if nobody can hear or make out what the f*ck is going on.

GET IT FIXED SGG !!!!!

Still a disgrace.

• 2 weeks later...

If the police announcements are on the same speakers then the problem must be the levels from the mixing desk the stadium announcements and music are coming through.

An aside, I was enjoying the wee cup final reminisce of the screen/tannoy then it got stopped for the cheerleader thing. Why bother starting it if they knew it was going to stop.

We could hear her fine in the west stand. Guid wee chanter !

The west stand has pairs of speakers along its whole length. Maybe some speakers are working fine for those in their immediate vicinity but sure as hell they are not all working well. I had no idea there was a singer at half time.

Poor lassie Singer, at half time, didnae stand a chance with that pathetic Tannoy System.

No doubt this was the biggest crowd the girl had ever played to and there was no sound check. She hit a few bum notes early on and then got into it. She was fine.

I'm usually one of the biggest cynics but one of the few bright moments of yet another cold and dull afternoon in Paisley was seeing the parents of the young cheerleaders all getting out of their seats and lining the wall at the front of the main stand to proudly take their videos and their snaps of their kids performing. That's the very epitome of what a community club should be about - showcasing and celebrating local talent and giving youngsters the kind of experiences that they'll always remember with a great of fondness whether they go on to be big stars or not.

The tannoy system should be fixed, disabled fans should have an sheltered elevated perspective to watch football from and the club should continue to boost the numbers in the stands no matter the cost till the end of this season. Well done to Fitzy for everything he achieved today. I'm sure some lessons will have been learned along the way but despite the relatively insipid performance of the players nothing should be allowed to dampen the day.

The west stand has pairs of speakers along its whole length. Maybe some speakers are working fine for those in their immediate vicinity but sure as hell they are not all working well. I had no idea there was a singer at half time.

I sit near the centre of the west stand and the quality, if indeed I should use that word, is shocking. I couldn't hear anything akin to music at half time.

• 3 weeks later...