St Mirren V Raith Rovers

Or will our players CHICKEN out of the challenge?

hopefully we will get the result which will STEER us in the direction as opposed to ACCELERATING our descent into league one. Livi and Alloa are still in our REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Edited by oaksoft

Or will our players CHICKEN out of the challenge?

hopefully we will get the result which will STEER us in the direction as opposed to ACCELERATING our descent into league one. Livi and Alloa are still in our REAR VIEW MIRROR.

another wonderfully boring snooze fest post from u, totally boring and unfunny..wait for your very witty reply with baited breath!!!

would like to see 1 or 2 new faces in by this game. Guys that will add to the squad not just make up numbers, our bench each week is as bad a group as i can remember. We never seem to have someone who you know could come on and offer something, but i suppose that can also be said of the starting 11 each week.

we MUST win at home this week, no more slaps in the face for the fans who continue to turn up, sit in the cold and are treated to poor performance after poor performance.

Really never seen that result coming tonight. Alloa fs, they haven't even beaten us!

Remarkably a win on Saturday would certainly put us back in the mix for 4th. We would be 6 points behind Raith and 7 behind QOTS (assuming they beat Dumbarton).

Weren't we like 14 behind 4th when Alex Rae joined?

Edited by TopCat

If we win at home in the league for the first time ever this season the gap between ourselves and Raith is down to 6 points. Knickerwetters will put the emphasis on the first 14 words in that sentence while happy clappers the final 11.

Our next 5 games..

Raith (H)

Hibs (A)

Alloa (H)

QOS (H)

QOS (A)

If we could win on Saturday and get the home winless run off our backs then we have a chance to really climb the table, Raith and QOS are the teams to catch if we take 11 or 12 points from those 5 games we would have a geniune chance of sneaking into 4th.

Ok thats a huge if, but it's remarkable we even have a chance after 4 wins in the first half of the season.

This is why we need some decent additions to the squad sooner rather than later .

Spot on. I'm not a massive Carswell fan but if he's out injured, and with Goodwin still a couple of weeks away, we have nobody with any first team experience who is able to play the holding midfielder role.

The defence is still leaking silly goals but if you surrender possession as easily as we do because of our powder puff midfield then it stands to reason that the opposition is going to have more possession and thus put more pressure on us.

The middle of the park is crying out for reinforcements, quickly. If we get them then fourth is far from impossible.

It's also time for Morgan to get a chance for me. He's a better option than McMullan IMO and his goal scoring exploits in the u-20s merit him getting a start.

Our next 5 games..

Raith (H)

Hibs (A)

Alloa (H)

QOS (H)

QOS (A)

If we could win on Saturday and get the home winless run off our backs then we have a chance to really climb the table, Raith and QOS are the teams to catch if we take 11 or 12 points from those 5 games we would have a geniune chance of sneaking into 4th.

Ok thats a huge if, but it's remarkable we even have a chance after 4 wins in the first half of the season.

I know its easier said than done after our terrible home form, though on paper i would be expecting maximum points for all home games. Hibs' from suggests that we will struggle to take anything there, though we don't have a terrible record there.

If we were 9 points better off going to qots away what a difference that would make to our season. We would be in a strong position to go through there and look for another win.

One step at a time though eh happy.png

We can forget about taking anything from this game unless a central midfielder is brought in before hand. They have Robertson and Craigan in the middle of the park and will bully us, our midfield is absolutely rotten.

Someone like Jamie Hamill possibly who isn't getting a game at killie so a loan might not be out of the question.

That's a good shout mate.

Been on the bench the last few games for Killie and not universaly popular with their fans but always impressed me with Hearts especially in their relegation season and a good "old head" in exactly the right position for us. Just a name out of thin air mind no idea if such a move would be viable on any count.