St Mirren V Raith Rovers

Oh well, could have been doing without that journey, but don't have any major complaints. They did all they could to keep the game on in what is a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. Interchange was a pain in the arse, and getting up the bloody hill at home pretty dodgy, but made it in one piece. Hopefully everyone else does likewise.

Took about twenty minutes to get through St James Interchange. And the side roads in Clydebank were well dodgy.

The reason the game at ibrox went ahead was bigger stands and covered corners so less snow gets in!

I don't think St.Mirren did anything wrong the ref makes the decision and it was the right one!

Whether the game should have been called off because of bad weather earlier Again not St.Mirren's decision to make!

This happens every winter in Scotland especially in the lower league's AGAIN the way to solve it is Summer football!

But as the commentator who was covering the game for Clyde said pitch was fine at 2 when he got there at 2:10 there was heavy snow! He felt sorry for St.Mirren they did everything they could to get the game on... The pitch was not frozen and looked perfect at 2!

The ref makes the decision on behalf of the sfa/spl not St.Mirren!

St.Mirren's job is to do there best to get the pitch ready and playable heating on 2 days before and 100 volunteers sounds like they tried there best!

And sonny at 10:45 pitch passed inspection and again at 1:30 so yes the game at 2 o'clock was not in doubt!

Well I certainly did not think it was freezing. Maybe us auld cnut can handle the cold better than the younger generation whistling.gif

at 7am this morning I took dog out a walk, said to my son when I came in it was bloody freezing and with the forecast for snow the game should be called of there and then. We let people travel a fair distance before calling game off five minutes before start. Why were the youths not clearing park the whole time?

The reason the game at ibrox went ahead was bigger stands and covered corners so less snow gets in!

I don't think St.Mirren did anything wrong the ref makes the decision and it was the right one!

Whether the game should have been called off because of bad weather earlier Again not St.Mirren's decision to make!

This happens every winter in Scotland especially in the lower league's AGAIN the way to solve it is Summer football!

But as the commentator who was covering the game for Clyde said pitch was fine at 2 when he got there at 2:10 there was heavy snow! He felt sorry for St.Mirren they did everything they could to get the game on... The pitch was not frozen and looked perfect at 2!

The ref makes the decision on behalf of the sfa/spl not St.Mirren!

St.Mirren's job is to do there best to get the pitch ready and playable heating on 2 days before and 100 volunteers sounds like they tried there best!

And sonny at 10:45 pitch passed inspection and again at 1:30 so yes the game at 2 o'clock was not in doubt!

absolute bollocks, the game was In doubht long before 2pm hence the pitch inspections, also wee chick said on radio sevco's under soil heating was melting the snow as it fell on pitch...clearly saints under soil heating is shite or wasn't working...

absolute bollocks, the game was In doubht long before 2pm hence the pitch inspections, also wee chick said on radio sevco's under soil heating was melting the snow as it fell on pitch...clearly saints under soil heating is shite or wasn't working...

I didn't hit that much snow until I reached Hillington. Exactly how did wee Chick see that Sevco's USH was melting the snow at Castle Greyskull when he was sitting in the main stand at St Mirren Park?

Pictures all over Twitter of other grounds with pitches covered in snow. Perhaps it's because the stands provide shelter or perhaps they've got money to burn and keep their pitch well above zero but it looks like the rangers are the exception this weekend.

It won't be because they have money to burn!

Feel really sorry for the bloke who is over from New Zealand, although on the bright side he's the only saints fan in Paisley who hasn't seen us lose at home this year

He had a brilliant time anyway...Brian Caldwell was brilliant.

My Cousin got to chat to Thommo, Goodwin, Mallan, Howieson (fellow Kiwi) and Alex Rae... Every one a gem.

How come the undersoil heating at Ibrox didn't melt the snow as it landed last season when they played Hearts and snow began lying on the pitch and Kenny Miller went on his backside during the game and the match had to be abandoned?

My own view is that when you have forecasts for temperatures as low as -10 the night before and the night after a game of football and snow forecast for the day of the game that should be enough to call the game off at 10am on the morning of the game. Some fans travel for hours from remote parts of the country and had the game been played, and had there been a few stoppages every half to let people on to clear the lines the game might not have finished by 5.15 or 5.30 at which point fans with a distance to travel now have to make the return journey after another few hours of heavy snow has fallen. Some away teams travelling a decent distance may have hotel costs on top of travel costs. From midweek these kind of temperatures and snow forecasts were being made for this weekend.

Had the game been played today it would have been 2 hours of sitting in freezing seats with poor visibility of and for the players due to the heavy snow.

I feel sorry for clubs when they incur the expense of running undersoil heating for days and games still get postponed and they have paid matchday staff to turn up and then a smaller crowd turns out for the rearranged fixture held midweek. On a day like today the only games that should been on are the live TV games.

I think if we all too your view Di be then football would hardly ever be on. Pitch was covered due to heavy snow at 2.15 pm and that dine us In. It's just one of those things

My view would have led to no other games being postponed at St Mirren Park this season so far... and would have saved us forking out for 2 days undersoil heating, paying matchday staff to come in today and saved Raith Rovers their travel costs for a game that wasn't on and saved a few thousand folks a needless journey.

How come the undersoil heating at Ibrox didn't melt the snow as it landed last season when they played Hearts and snow began lying on the pitch and Kenny Miller went on his backside during the game and the match had to be abandoned?

My own view is that when you have forecasts for temperatures as low as -10 the night before and the night after a game of football and snow forecast for the day of the game that should be enough to call the game off at 10am on the morning of the game. Some fans travel for hours from remote parts of the country and had the game been played, and had there been a few stoppages every half to let people on to clear the lines the game might not have finished by 5.15 or 5.30 at which point fans with a distance to travel now have to make the return journey after another few hours of heavy snow has fallen. Some away teams travelling a decent distance may have hotel costs on top of travel costs. From midweek these kind of temperatures and snow forecasts were being made for this weekend.

Had the game been played today it would have been 2 hours of sitting in freezing seats with poor visibility of and for the players due to the heavy snow.

I feel sorry for clubs when they incur the expense of running undersoil heating for days and games still get postponed and they have paid matchday staff to turn up and then a smaller crowd turns out for the rearranged fixture held midweek. On a day like today the only games that should been on are the live TV games.

I don't feel sorry for the clubs at all, these are the clubs who continue to rip off the fans with vastly inflated prices for a poor product. Will the b.o.d reward the fans for yesterday with lower prices, free pies, pay for Raiths fans travel for the rearranged fixture? Will they heck!

• 4 weeks later...