14 Units Per Week - Over Or Under?

Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS

Sometimes under, sometimes over.

They are also recommending no more than 3 (?) units per day, ffs

I take all these scientific studies and recommendations with a pinch of salt...same as my tequila.

I more or less gave up last summer . I had 3 bottles of lager at party at New Year and that was the most I had drank for months . I lost a very good friend last year whom I spent many a good session with in the past. We drank to be sociable more than anything. His sharp decline and the fact he was about 5 yrs my junior shocked me. .

However, to say that alcohol gives people cancer I think is erroneous. I know of alcoholics that lived to their 7ts and they sometimes smoked heavily too . .

Apparently alcohol in the shops is now 60% cheaper than it was in the 8ts . The government reckon that about half the people that turn up at our hospitals are there due to an alcohol related reason, which is why they are keen to push through their minimum pricing regime. .

It could mean that a bunch of dafties could ruin it for the rest of us. .

Over or under? No idea. Under probably. I enjoy the odd beer and at home a glass of wine. I can take or leave alcohol, not bothered. Fcuk the lot of them by the way - the folk who do these stories. Last week it was sugar. Sugar is the new killer. Cut the sugar. Before that it was saturated fats. Fcuking bastards those saturated fats. Now they're saying a bit of saturated fat is OK. Prior to that, it was salt. We put far too much salt on everything. Coffee was getting it in the neck too. Every week the advice on coffee changes. Don't drink it in the afternoon, don't drink it in the evening, just stop fcuking drinking it... Then I read a study that said coffee is OK unless you drink ten gallons of it. Don't get me started on their advice on red wine... It's bad for you, no, the odd glass is actually good for your heart... Naw, it's bad for you. Fizzy drinks? Quite partial to a Pepsi Max myself... Don't drink it, drink water. On, and on, blah, blah.

Fcuk off.

Everything in moderation and do regular exercise. Now leave me alone you cunts.

Rant over.

under. dont drink at all. i grew out of it when i was 29 and now i dont need it at all.

as for the science? well its no surprise that ANY alcohol can cause damage. its a bloody poison after all.

just surprises me that people get angry about it.

its information not an order.

listen to it. ignore it. your choice. the job of science is to inform so the whining sheep of society cant complain about not being told about it.

under. dont drink at all. i grew out of it when i was 29 and now i dont need it at all.

as for the science? well its no surprise that ANY alcohol can cause damage. its a bloody poison after all.

listen to it. ignore it. your choice. the job of science is to inform so the whining sheep of society cant complain about not being told about it.

Bahh!

'Grew out of it'... Like it's doing Airfix kits or playing subbuteo, stuff you did when you were a kid.

Good for you Mister. Pssst. Gonnae' get a carry-out fur' me mister?