14 Units Per Week - Over Or Under?

Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS

The best stuff around right now is St Mungo. Has overtaken Peroni by a distance, however it would blow your brains out. Not sure how many units.

A good pint, don't think its even 5% - possibly 4. Something?

I'm with Colin on this one, most lagers are okay . When I first started drinking it was always heavy, lager was more for ladies but times change and we started getting better tasting lagers . .

I actually like Miller because it is easy to drink, is almost flat and is fairly weak as lager goes which suits me. .

Hard to find a decent pint of Heavy these days

Bellhaven is bowfing

I can see myself cutting back on the drink this year. I drink on weekends (usually at home) by habit, and think I'll try to make more of an occasion of it, and enjoy the health benefits of cutting back.

In saying that, I always tell myself this during the midweek. I think it is an odd sense of entitlement at times - I've worked all week (when not slabbering shite on here), so have earned it. This, opposed to necessarily wanting to have a few drinks.

I can't envisage a time when I will chuck it altogether, but reckon it might be time to re-evaluate my relationship with the bevvy (again....).

Oh, and someone mentioned Moretti earlier. Lovely stuff.

Guest TPAFKATS

If you like Sam Adams, give the German Erdinger dark beer a go. Think most big supermarkets stock it.

I tried the low alcohol Erdinger recently.

0.5% alcohol with isotonic properties and added vitamins. I classed it as a sports supplement for an athlete like myself...

I drink when I want to drink, what I want to drink, how much I choose to drink, what I think tastes best with that drink. No pompous, would be emperor flashing his new clothes will dictate whether I mix Irn bru with my Balvenie 50 Year Old Single Malt or not. The arrogance of some to assume they know how to drink alcohol both astounds and amuses me......... HIC!

I drink when I want to drink, what I want to drink, how much I choose to drink, what I think tastes best with that drink. No pompous, would be emperor flashing his new clothes will dictate whether I mix Irn bru with my Balvenie 50 Year Old Single Malt or not. The arrogance of some to assume they know how to drink alcohol both astounds and amuses me......... HIC!

Low sugar or standard Bru?

Shocking waste. Of Irn Bru.

ETA: Oh FFS Oaky. Try actually reading people's posts first………...

Forget it. Ignore me.

In fairness it was a brilliant rant.

Edited by oaksoft

Tartan was good as was McEwan's export but it had to be cold and served right. Tennant's No3 was always good. .

The coaky doak used to do a very good black and tan. .

The days of a decent pint of heavy are long gone I'm afraid.thumbdown.gif

Most of the nitro-keg swill masquerading as "heavy" nowadays is horrendous.

Even the odd find of draught tartan isn't a patch on what it used to be.

The nearest you get to a decent heavy is in some of the bottled real ales.

Loch Fyne breweries Maverick is one such beer. Think you can get it in Morrison's. It's not that cheap though.

The days of a decent pint of heavy are long gone I'm afraid.thumbdown.gif

Most of the nitro-keg swill masquerading as "heavy" nowadays is horrendous.

Even the odd find of draught tartan isn't a patch on what it used to be.

The nearest you get to a decent heavy is in some of the bottled real ales.

Loch Fyne breweries Maverick is one such beer. Think you can get it in Morrison's. It's not that cheap though.

I have sampled some of those bottled beers at Morrison's. Some of them are very nice, some of them are very strong but as you mention, I don't think any of them are cheap. .

Used to top the recommended weekly amount on a daily basis. It's very easy to stop in at the off licence when you get off the bus and get 8 cans for 6 quid every night, especially when you love the taste!

It's even easier to have a bottle of wine and open up another.

Thankfully I knocked it on the head about 4 years ago. Becoming a parent can do that to a person!

Since then I've not drank stronger than a lager shandy and that's only if I'm out at the football or a gig. So probably 4 pints of lager shandy, once a fortnight, maximum.

Feel bloody great, for it!

I'd never preach to anyone who likes a swally, but when sober, there is literally nothing worse, than having a conversation with someone who's drunk... Or having the same conversation 4 times in an hour!!!

Under..........

Like many on the thread I no longer have the urge, or indeed the ability, to shift the units I used to but I like to think I've still got a bit still got a bit of mischief left in me so keep those barnyard animals locked up for a wee while yet...............

Edited by Bud the Baker