14 Units Per Week - Over Or Under?

Bud the Baker

I think we can agree that smoking would be bad for the gun. :)

Scientists and Mathematicians? You've already been told that it's pipefitters than prevent that. :whistle:

Are untrained idiots any worse than trained idiots?

Of course.

At least the trained idiots have TRIED to do something about it.

Excellent. Now I'm away for a Costa Mocha... f**k it, a blueberry muffin an' aw'.

What's the advice on blueberry muffins this week?

My advice would be for you to ignore scientific advice altogether judging by the rage it induces in you.

You'll probably die of natural causes at 85 before you die of anything blueberry muffin or alcohol related.

No member of the general public dhould be taking any of this crap seriously.

IMO the vast majority of it is barely science at all.

For example I remember an article earnestly claiming that taller people were more at risk of cancer or something like that.

I also remember some newspaper report from some guy who claimed to have discovered a mathematical algorithm for the perfect clothing to wear on a date.

Utter pish.

And all of it paid for by taxpayers.

My advice would be for you to ignore scientific advice altogether judging by the rage it induces in you.

You'll probably die of natural causes at 85 before you die of anything blueberry muffin or alcohol related.

No member of the general public dhould be taking any of this crap seriously.

IMO the vast majority of it is barely science at all.

For example I remember an article earnestly claiming that taller people were more at risk of cancer or something like that.

I also remember some newspaper report from some guy who claimed to have discovered a mathematical algorithm for the perfect clothing to wear on a date.

Utter pish.

And all of it paid for by taxpayers.

Rage? Aye, I'm pure raging at conflicting coffee advice. Try faux-forum comedy rage and you'll be there.

Now, what's the scientific advice on jelly baby intake in the wider population these days? Any carcinogens in the red ones or anything?

Edited by pozbaird

Rage? Aye, I'm pure raging at conflicting coffee advice. Try faux-forum comedy rage and you'll be there.

Now, what's the scientific advice on jelly baby intake in the wider population these days? Any carcinogens in the red ones or anything?

I work in genuine scientific research so I have no idea.

How many Peronis are in 14 units?

Heard so much about this beer had to try it. Really wondering what all the fuss is about as I just don't get the flavour as being nice. It's wet and if cold suppose it goes down well in a hot day though water does also. Get we all have different tastes though tasting is part of my job and I really don't get this Italian larger. The Italians can make the ( odd ) good wine but larger ? Really. There are many good larger out there with good flavour my taste buds just don't get the fashion tried for bad Italian larger. As long as you enjoy Kendo that's the most important thing.

Heard so much about this beer had to try it. Really wondering what all the fuss is about as I just don't get the flavour as being nice. It's wet and if cold suppose it goes down well in a hot day though water does also. Get we all have different tastes though tasting is part of my job and I really don't get this Italian larger. The Italians can make the ( odd ) good wine but larger ? Really. There are many good larger out there with good flavour my taste buds just don't get the fashion tried for bad Italian larger. As long as you enjoy Kendo that's the most important thing.

Peroni must be the most over rated lager out. pints of or bottles are just both so bland

Peroni must be the most over rated lager out. pints of or bottles are just both so bland

I reckon Miller is the most over-rated lager. I get a flat not-very-nice aftertaste on my tongue with it. Just don't like it at all, but it's subjective.

I mentioned this before, but while I like a lot of fancy foreign brews like Erdinger or Sam Adams... I tried a bottle of Tennents Black recently. It was really nice and crisp.

I reckon Miller is the most over-rated lager. I get a flat not-very-nice aftertaste on my tongue with it. Just don't like it at all, but it's subjective.

I mentioned this before, but while I like a lot of fancy foreign brews like Erdinger or Sam Adams... I tried a bottle of Tennents Black recently. It was really nice and crisp.

Sam Adams is decent

But i drink any lager apart from McEwans

Export ok but the lager utter rotten

Try Peroni red. Much smoother and more body.

It's what you find the Italians drinking as their draught beer in Italy. They export the over priced piss in the green bottles and sell it to gullible foreigners.

Moretti and Messina are also acceptable Italian beers.

Edited by FTOF

If you like Sam Adams, give the German Erdinger dark beer a go. Think most big supermarkets stock it.

I'm with Colin on this one, most lagers are okay . When I first started drinking it was always heavy, lager was more for ladies but times change and we started getting better tasting lagers . .

I actually like Miller because it is easy to drink, is almost flat and is fairly weak as lager goes which suits me. .

Try Peroni red. Much smoother and more body.

It's what you find the Italians drinking as their draught beer in Italy. They export the over priced piss in the green bottles and sell it to gullible foeigners.

Drank the Peroni black dan saff a couple of times last year . Now that was nice but around a £iver a pint. .

Sam Adams Boston Lager for me too, although if you can get hold of the OctoberFest you should definitely try it. It's a seasonal brew that is usually on general sale when I'm across in the US since I usually go in September / October. I tried the pumkin one this year too - that was the first time I left the majority of the six pack unopened in the hotel room fridge. I'll also go for an Erdinger Weissbrau. Different flavours for different occasions. I also like Baltika 3, 8 and 9 and closer to home I think Innis and Gunn do a fantastic craft lager - readily available in cans at Aldi.

I find Peroni more hit and miss, same with Pilsner Urquell. Sometimes they hit the spot, sometimes they really don't. I think I've just got to be in the mood for it. And if someone else is buying and I'm too embarrassed to go for something more expensive on the menu I will make do with a San Miguel or a Sol

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Sam Adams Boston Lager for me too, although if you can get hold of the OctoberFest you should definitely try it. It's a seasonal brew that is usually on general sale when I'm across in the US since I usually go in September / October. I tried the pumkin one this year too - that was the first time I left the majority of the six pack unopened in the hotel room fridge. I'll also go for an Erdinger Weissbrau. Different flavours for different occasions. I also like Baltika 3, 8 and 9 and closer to home I think Innis and Gunn do a fantastic craft lager - readily available in cans at Aldi.

I find Peroni more hit and miss, same with Pilsner Urquell. Sometimes they hit the spot, sometimes they really don't. I think I've just got to be in the mood for it. And if someone else is buying and I'm too embarrassed to go for something more expensive on the menu I will make do with a San Miguel.

Agree - the Sam Adams seasonal brews are good too. Ever been in Montreal and tried one there called 'Rickards Red'?

Bloody good drop.

No, I've never been to Canada. One day maybe. It's Nashville next for us. We'll see after that.

Where are you staying in Nashville? We've been twice and really liked it. Can recommend the RCA Studio tour to see where Elvis recorded, the Country Music Hall of Fame is superb, and, although this won't interest you - the Tennessee Titans NFL stadium is right in town across the river. The Grand Ole Opry is not to be missed, and has the big Opry Mills shops right next to it if you need any retail therapy.

Where are you staying in Nashville? We've been twice and really liked it. Can recommend the RCA Studio tour to see where Elvis recorded, the Country Music Hall of Fame is superb, and, although this won't interest you - the Tennessee Titans NFL stadium is right in town across the river. The Grand Ole Opry is not to be missed, and has the big Opry Mills shops right next to it if you need any retail therapy.

Don't rule anything out. I've enjoyed going to watch the Tampa Bay Bucs on a couple of occasions now. You don't have to be a big NFL fan to enjoy that whole experience.

We're in the early stages of planning. We're going with another couple so I might not get things all my own way but my choice would be to stay at the Loews Vanderbilt. I know I've got to plan in a day at Dollywood but beyond that nothing yet has been planned too closely.

Don't rule anything out. I've enjoyed going to watch the Tampa Bay Bucs on a couple of occasions now. You don't have to be a big NFL fan to enjoy that whole experience.

We're in the early stages of planning. We're going with another couple so I might not get things all my own way but my choice would be to stay at the Loews Vanderbilt. I know I've got to plan in a day at Dollywood but beyond that nothing yet has been planned too closely.

Plan your day to Dollywood carefully - it's a 430 mile round trip from Nashville.

Peroni is over rated imo.

Believe it or not, the Italians prefer Tennents Super as their posh lager.

Been to several places in Italy and frequented many bars. Haven't seen this in bars, but have seen it occasionally in supermarkets.

My mate is of Italian descent and spends a lot of time in Italy and says that everyone he knows drinks Peroni red on draught.

Another beer that I remember being told to try was Moretti Baffo D'Oro . Managed to find it in a supermarket and it was very good indeed.

When I was in Riva Del Garda Peroni Red was the most popular Italian beer. However, as it is so close to Austria the Forst brewery draught beer brewed in the Italian Tyrol was quite popular there too.

Off to Sorrento this summer, so will hopefully sample some new stuff there.

Edited by FTOF

Guest TPAFKATS

Been to several places in Italy and frequented many bars. Haven't seen this in bars, but have seen it occasionally in supermarkets.

My mate is of Italian descent and spends a lot of time in Italy and says that everyone he knows drinks Peroni red on draught.

Another beer that I remember being told to try was Moretti Baffo D'Oro . Managed to find it in a supermarket and it was very good indeed.

When I was in Riva Del Garda Peroni Red was the most popular Italian beer. However, as it is so close to Austria the Forst brewery draught beer brewed in the Italian Tyrol was quite popular there too.

Off to Sorrento this summer, so will hopefully sample some new stuff there.

Mibees the bars you frequent aren't posh enough!