Go Red. Put The Jinx To Bed.

div

I can't stand Yankee football, but I thought there used to be the LA Raiders, then they seemed to move to Oakland or someplace like that.

Do these teams just up sticks and f**k off someplace else whenever they fancy ?

The Rams used to be the Los Angeles Rams, moved to St Louis, and are moving back. This is the second NFL team the city of St Louis has lost. They used to have the St Louis Cardinals who are now the Arizona Cardinals, playing in Phoenix. The Indianapolis Colts used to be the Baltimore Colts. The Oakland Raiders also used to play in Los Angeles as the Los Angeles Raiders. The Tennessee Titans based in Nashville used to be the Houston Oilers... There have been a few more.

Different ball game, literally. This is he first re-location since 1996 though.

The Rams used to be the Los Angeles Rams, moved to St Louis, and are moving back. This is the second NFL team the city of St Louis has lost. They used to have the St Louis Cardinals who are now the Arizona Cardinals, playing in Phoenix. The Indianapolis Colts used to be the Baltimore Colts. The Oakland Raiders also used to play in Los Angeles as the Los Angeles Raiders. The Tennessee Titans based in Nashville used to be the Houston Oilers... There have been a few more.

Different ball game, literally. This is he first re-location since 1996 though.

In the similar context, there used to be a team called St Mirren FC who played football.They too f**ked off some time ago while some other masquerading outfit jumped in their grave.

I can't stand Yankee football, but I thought there used to be the LA Raiders, then they seemed to move to Oakland or someplace like that.

Do these teams just up sticks and f**k off someplace else whenever they fancy ?

Sport in the States is all about hard cash and all teams are franchised so whoever owns the franchise calls the tune subject to the approval of the relevant league. So if they can prove a financial case for moving it's a done deal. Never happen here can you imaging Clydebank playing in Airdrie or Wimbledon in Milton Keynes? Er ............................... !

The actual sport in the US is secondary to the revenue stream which is why most sports are long, drawn-out, turgid affairs with so many stoppages. They want to move the team merchandise, burgers, hot dogs, pop corn, coke, beer and anything else that parts the fan from their cash. Much like the Premier league in Engerland does now.

We may be utter crap and unable to win at home but the last thing we should change is our famous black and white stripe kits. No barcodes allowed.

Get the manager to tie the current crop of lily livered players to a chair and make them watch looped videos of Somner, Lapsley, Fitzy, Aber, etc until they realise we are a proud club with noble traditions and wont stand for their half arsed efforts.

And breathe.........

Teams can elect to play in their away kit at home if they wish, there is no rule against it that I am aware of.

I'm not suggesting we ditch the stripes permanently, and it is a bit tongue in cheek, but the issue at home can also become one of pschology even if that's only a very small part of it. Remember when Gus was in charge how we used to always lose late goals, that was without a doubt a mental issue, the players had a fear that it was going to happen and they defended deeper and deeper as a result, actually inviting it to happen.

Maybe a Psychologist is the way forward, but it is quite strange that we've only lost one league game all season in the red kit whereas we've not won a single league match in the stripes.

Yes I'd say belief has more to do with it than the colour of the strip . Last seasons kits were horrendous , both home and away this season is a massive improvement. .

Obviously it is a mental thing rather than just the colour of the kit but if the team feel more confident in red , then go ahead but what if they then go on a winning run? How do they get back to the stripes. .cartman.gif

Get the players we need to win games, get the tactics right for winning games, get the club sold and get people in who actually want to be here running our club. And before you say "why do some people just turn every thread into being about the board" Just remember they are the one's who want out and admitted they are tired of the job, i am just looking at the root of the problem (in my opinion) i think anyone who is tired of doing something but know they need to keep doing it, will not be giving that project 100%.

How many cups and leagues have we won when playing in the stripes for the majority of the time, all of them. Changing the strip will not transform our club.

Now that is just a silly reply

Do I need to add "No Silly Replies" to my posting rules now?

I think that's now;

Don't post information I receive from the club

Don't post anything related to speculation or hypothetical situations

Don't post anything where I dare to have an opinion

Don't post anything silly

f**k me, I'm getting pretty limited here.

I think that's now;

Add no sarcasm :P

Ok in all seriousness we have a severe problem and its not just we are total shit

3 of our last 4 managers never won a league game at home, It took till Feb 2015 to win last season, it may well be same or later this year.

So it must be in the players heads, or Morton have recruited a Witch Doctor.

So since start of last season here is some painful reading

Home Record Played 28 Won 3 Drawn 5 Lost 20 . That's a 11% Win Ratio or a 71% Loss, which means the odds are stacked if the players think , we need a shrink more than a decent Coach.

Ok now for Away Last Season if we had had same record at home as we did away we would have stayed up? This season we would be comfortably 4th. That's if our home performance matched our away record.

So Away Record last season and a half P 30 W 10 D 4 L 16 . Least be honest that's acceptable .

So yes Red Stripos, move grounds or get a Shrink in, FACT is if it continues we will be down. Turn it around well play offs are on

St Mirren play in the stripes. That's what we are associated with. I'm not superstitious and don't believe in lucky charms, in this case changing strip. We are losing games for a variety of reasons that have listed to death already.

Of course you are right mate, the stripes ARE the club, and good teams win football matches, but we certainly have a psychological problem at home right now and this was really just a suggestion of a small thing we could try to change that psychology. I think once we get that first win we will be fine.

I think that's now;

Please delete this post as its both your opinion and silly.

Double fail! :P