Updated; Rocco Quinn Signs

div

Quinn would fit the profile. 29. No history of injuries and played consistently (bar Celtic) with every team he has been with. Would do for me as well.

Edit to Add: A wee bit surprised at landing him as he has already played 12 times for County this season including 4 appearances over the last few weeks.

Edited by Sonny

Going by an STV journo on Twitter we've signed Rocco Quinn from Ross County. Midfielder - dunno what kind (fit and decent hopefully).

Torn hamstring 12 September. Next played on 26 December(20 mins as sub), 29 December(20 mins as sub) and on 12 January(15 mins as sub) according to Soccerbase.

From a County fan on P&B -

"I would say comfortably a Championship / lower end Premiership standard. Fairly solid without being spectacular, with the exception of occasionally hitting a long distance screamer. Pretty disciplined in midfield but likes to get forward. A managers dream as he apparently does exactly what a manager tells him to do."

Sounds promising. As Lex says, certainly as good as we are likely to get.

Welcome to the best club in the world, Rocco!

Quite surprised (pleasantly) by this signing. Probably not the first area we need to strengthen, but he has decent pedigree, bridges the age range as Rae promised, and seems to be a consistent enough performer.

Yeah me to however I fell similar when we signed the likes of Webster, Langfield, Gallacher, Shankland and Carswell. Thought they would all do well at this level. The proof will be in the pudding.

Overall I am disappointed with Langfield and Webster but the other three were always a gamble imho. However Quinn is experienced and has been decent when I have seen him in the Premiership. Every signing is a gamble but I am confident Quinn will be a big improvement than the other incumbents and if he takes some responsibility (unlike the others) then we should see an improvement in Mallan's play. And Goody should be back in 2 weeks :)

Yeah me to however I fell similar when we signed the likes of Webster, Langfield, Gallacher, Shankland and Carswell. Thought they would all do well at this level. The proof will be in the pudding.

Hopefully Alex Rae will be the first manager for a while to get the best out of the players, including Quinn.

Too often incoming players have failed to realise their potential or even maintain their previous form.

It strikes me that players like Agnew, McMullen and Gallagher etc plus a few of the development team recruits can do a lot better than they have shown so far - with the right kind of mentoring, encouragement and coaching - and by being played in their natural position.

Edited by northstbuddie

Hopefully Alex Rae will be the first manager for a while to get the best out of the players, including Quinn.

Too often incoming players have failed to realise their potential or even maintain their previous form.

It strikes me that players like Agnew, McMullen and Gallagher etc plus a few of the development team recruits can do a lot better than they have shown so far - with the right kind of mentoring, encouragement and coaching - and by being played in their natural position.

Of the three you mention, I'd only persevere with Gallagher.