St Mirren -Shower Of Hopeless Amateurs

shull

If you don't have a season ticket you can simply opt not to go - there's no financial loss that way. If you do have a season ticket and the match is on you effectively lose value on your purchase. My two sons are season ticket holders - f**k knows why, I don't think they'll make the same mistake again in the future, they clearly are as stupid as others on here are making out :rolleyes: - and as such they felt it necessary to travel.

Common sense should have prevailed and this match should have been called off at 1pm at the very latest. The weather conditions were clearly extremely poor. Severe weather warnings were issued by Travel Scotland this morning and it had been widely reported in the press by 12 noon. The Met Office was predicting between 2" and 4" of snow and severe travel disruption. The fact this game wasn't postponed despite all that information and despite the fact the car park and approach routes were snow bound shows the lack of consideration the club has for it's own customers.

Even worse appears to be the fact that St Mirren appeared to be in chaos as a result. My son phoned the club after he got home about his car park refund and no-one could give him a straight answer. The admission on the phone was that things were a bit "chaotic". Given we are in the middle of a Scottish winter you would have thought that a club like St Mirren, whose owners have nearly 20 years of experience of these situations, that planning for a day such as today should be something that is an operational requirement with everyone knowing exactly what their role is. Instead it's been a day that highlights the shambolic and amateurish nature of those running the club

Yawn...

If the undersoil heating wasn't on then those running the club need a solid boot up the arsehole. Its January, in Scotland, and it's been freezing the past few days with a forecast all week predicting more frost/snow today. Why on earth wouldn't it be on? To save a few quid? FFS I hope not - today was a huge game and great opportunity to close the gap on Raith.

At last someone has worked it out.

I think some people must think that cloud cover is uniform over the entire area and that localised weather conditions don't ever occur.

The Kilmarnock game may well have started, but latterly the game was stopped because the lines had to be brushed clear as, guess what, the snow got heavier.ohmy.png

If the club had postponed the game earlier and there was no localised heavy snowfall and the pitch remained eminently playable.............

Well, you know the reaction we'd get.

Yes, damned if you do, damned if you don't. sad.png

If the undersoil heating wasn't on then those running the club need a solid boot up the arsehole. Its January, in Scotland, and it's been freezing the past few days with a forecast all week predicting more frost/snow today. Why on earth wouldn't it be on? To save a few quid? FFS I hope not - today was a huge game and great opportunity to close the gap on Raith.

I don't know if it was on or not, but it would just sum up Scottish football perfectly, and the ridiculous SPL era in particular, if we're now in a position where we we've forced clubs to install undersoil heating that they can't afford to use!

If you travelled to away games, you and others might be old enough to recall on two occasions going to Tannadice, one Saturday and one Mid week game were cancelled due to heavy rain after all the supporters buses had arrived in Dundee. At least the beer in The Three Barrels when down well.

Life can be sh*t.

I was trying to think of the number of times this has happened to us. Kirkcaldy, Dingwall and Airdrie have all been late call offs involving us, as well as an abandoned game at Stranraer.

There was late call of v the old Rangers at Love Street, and abandoned games v Ayr in 94 and Dundee in the 83. The Dundee one was in May, when you'd hope that you could guarantee 90 minutes worth of football weather.

All the chat if the undersoil heating was on and but the Rangers stands are higher is pile of pish.

I seem to remember the Hearts game at Ibrox last season abandoned due to snow despite the undersoil heating being on and the same stands shielding the pitch.

Today was unfortunate. Get over it.

Edited by davidg

I was trying to think of the number of times this has happened to us. Kirkcaldy, Dingwall and Airdrie have all been late call offs involving us, as well as an abandoned game at Stranraer.

There was late call of v the old Rangers at Love Street, and abandoned games v Ayr in 94 and Dundee in the 83. The Dundee one was in May, when you'd hope that you could guarantee 90 minutes worth of football weather.

The Ayr game was a cracker. We were losing 1-0 when we equalised up the Caley end. Couldn't see a thing from the North Bank.

Ref took the opportunity to abandon straight away.

I can remember turning up at Meadowbank once to find the game off.

Other one I remember is driving along George Street in Edinburgh for a game against Hibs then turning on the radio to hear Fitzy getting interviewed back in Paisley and talking about how the team bus was stuck in a jam on the M8 at Hillington for 3 hours because an oil tanker had leaked...

My brother drove that day and had heard in advance so took an alternative route. We didn't think that the team bus woukd be stuck in it...

There was the game up at Dingwall where the kick off was delayed by an hour due to the Kessock Bridge getting shut.

I made it in time for kick off but there were Saints fans still arriving at half time... At around 5pm!

If you travelled to away games, you and others might be old enough to recall on two occasions going to Tannadice, one Saturday and one Mid week game were cancelled due to heavy rain after all the supporters buses had arrived in Dundee. At least the beer in The Three Barrels when down well.

Life can be sh*t.

Stranraer as well bud.

Other one I remember is driving along George Street in Edinburgh for a game against Hibs then turning on the radio to hear Fitzy getting interviewed back in Paisley and talking about how the team bus was stuck in a jam on the M8 at Hillington for 3 hours because an oil tanker had leaked...

My brother drove that day and had heard in advance so took an alternative route. We didn't think that the team bus woukd be stuck in it...

I was on the train that day, and had heard nothing.

It wasn't a good sign when we pulled into Waverley Station to the sight of a bunch of Saints fans standing on the platform waiting to catch the same train back to Glasgow. laugh.png

Can we get confirmation if undersoil heating was on or not?

You'd love it if wasn't on as that would suit yor narrative of a club in terminal decline. Had the heating not been on then the game would have been off at the first inspection due to the heavy frost overnight, under soil heating works under the soil what goes on above is another matter.

They were issuing refunds to those who paid to get into the car park

I'm sorry but they weren't. I've still got my receipt and wasn't offered a refund.

In fact I'd be surprised if they had issued receipts to all those who entered the car park as I, and a number of folk I sit with, regularly have to demand receipts on entering the car park and I've seen plenty of cars drive in without being issued receipts

Edited by KennyS