St Mirren -Shower Of Hopeless Amateurs

shull

don't believe that for one minute!

Up to you mate what you believe. I can only tell you that the pitch itself was soft underfoot yesterday and that was after -2 temperatures overnight Thurs & Fri. Without the heating being on the game would have been postponed straight away on Sat morning.

The club estimates the whole heating, hospitality, stewards costs to be around £3K.

Great effort. I remember doing the same v Aberdeen in March 2011. That game went ahead but because the snow stopped. I guess had the game been today the snow would all be cleared and with no further snowfall forecast then game would be ok. Well done to all for trying to get the match on

So the heating system was on div? I think it was correct to clear pitch and try to get game on. I was wondering how ibrox was ok yet we weren't. I don't know how? Anyhow the pitch was covered by 3 and it seems the heavy flurry in the forty minutes leading upto kick off finished it

FFS!

It has been pointed out already that it is possible that it can snow more heavily in one place (7 miles away) compared to another. 1eye.gif

When I arrived back an hour later for the game it was a total whiteout, the pitch was unplayable and it was the right decision to call it off.

Again the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't. A lot of people worked really hard to get that game on.

I do not really buy into this 'Damned if they do / don't' . If there is any doubt whatsoever then call the game off before fans set of on their travels. Disappointing of course if the weather improves but I would not condemn officials for the early decision. I do condemn them for have us hanging about all day waiting for pitch inspections and wasting time and money turning up for it to be called off with minutes to go. The clubs must sit down with the SFA and have travel arrangements and weather forecasts taken into account if a pitch inspection is taken and err on the side of caution before everyone has their day disrupted.

There was the game up at Dingwall where the kick off was delayed by an hour due to the Kessock Bridge getting shut.

I made it in time for kick off but there were Saints fans still arriving at half time... At around 5pm!

We had a game at Dingwall postponed around 2pm due to a waterlogged pitch a few years ago. I had just reached the bridge when it was called off.

Aye, well done the Club for wasting everybody's time and money.

Hopeless

It WASN'T the club's decision. The referee, in consultation with his assistants and the managers of BOTH clubs make the decision. I dare say the SPFL would have confronted Saint Mirren had they believed we didn't do enough in an attempt to get the game going.

When I was at the game yesterday, no one thought it was going to go ahead. When the announcement came through there were a few sighs of resignation and a couple of comments about at least we didn't lose.

I would suggest that almost everyone around me travelled with the belief that it was going to be a struggle and would just see what happens.

If you travelled yesterday, in that weather, having checked the forecast and STILL expected to see a lush green playing surface with no issues then you are a total nut job who must have been let out for the day.

Stop f**king moaning.

Hide the brushes and shovels.

Crazy decisions by lots of crazy people.

Snow and ice in Paisley in the morning and not one thought given to Raith fans or our own Lord.

Edited by shull

I do not really buy into this 'Damned if they do / don't' . If there is any doubt whatsoever then call the game off before fans set of on their travels. Disappointing of course if the weather improves but I would not condemn officials for the early decision. I do condemn them for have us hanging about all day waiting for pitch inspections and wasting time and money turning up for it to be called off with minutes to go. The clubs must sit down with the SFA and have travel arrangements and weather forecasts taken into account if a pitch inspection is taken and err on the side of caution before everyone has their day disrupted.

This completely. If the game had been called off at 10am no one would have batted an eyelid. The problem here is it was called off at 2.50pm which is an utterly ridiculous way to treat your customers especially when driving conditions are dangerous.

I don't blame the referee. St Mirren, it appears, went to a lot of effort to get the game on and as a result the ref has given it every chance. Had St Mirren and these volunteers not been so keen people to waste their customers time the game would have been correctly called off far earlier.

This completely. If the game had been called off at 10am no one would have batted an eyelid. The problem here is it was called off at 2.50pm which is an utterly ridiculous way to treat your customers especially when driving conditions are dangerous.

I don't blame the referee. St Mirren, it appears, went to a lot of effort to get the game on and as a result the ref has given it every chance. Had St Mirren and these volunteers not been so keen people to waste their customers time the game would have been correctly called off far earlier.

for once I totally agree with you, all the do-gooders' should have stayed at home. No thought about anyone travelling or the dangers.

The fact is it was fecking freezing yesterday, was snowing..roads were terrible...Raith fans travelling a fair distance...game should have been called off, because forty or so halfwits go down and try to clear snow doesn't mean game should be on...safety comes first...

So all the shops, pubs, cafes, cinema, public transport and taxi in the area should all closed down for the day because 2 inches of snow fell 1eye.gif

So all the shops, pubs, cafes, cinema, public transport and taxi in the area should all closed down for the day because 2 inches of snow fell 1eye.gif

Have you done the 19 Renfrew Pubs already today?

Lol