St Mirren -Shower Of Hopeless Amateurs

shull

The bottom line is the club took the cheap option... (A load of volunteers to sweep the snow aff) rather than put on the USH in advance given the weather forecast, and leave it on as they did at Firhill and Ibrox.

How much do you think this cheap shortcut has cost them this time..?

£10,000

£15,000

£25,000

Unlike the gas required for the USH boiler, they must have money to burn at the twenty one minutes past eight arena.

The bottom line is the club took the cheap option... (A load of volunteers to sweep the snow aff) rather than put on the USH in advance given the weather forecast, and leave it on as they did at Firhill and Ibrox.

How much do you think this cheap shortcut has cost them this time..?

£10,000

£15,000

£25,000

I know I'm a old boiler, they must have money to burn at the twenty one minutes past eight arena.

snore.gif

From today's PDE........it Looks like Chic has changed his story.

attachicon.gif20160120_110543.jpg

When he says "some are pointing the finger at St mirren", as the guy who broadcast to the nation that the USH wasnt left on when Heavy and prolonged snow was forecast, surely by "some" he actually means "himself"..?

The only reason I know that it had been switched off is because Chick telt me. (And the nation)

When he says "some are pointing the finger at St mirren", as the guy who broadcast to the nation that the USH wasnt left on when Heavy and prolonged snow was forecast, surely by "some" he actually means "himself"..?

The only reason I know that it had been switched off is because Chick telt me. (And the nation)

And you actually believed something that Chick said on the radio???

As opposed to something he said in that well known source of nothing the PDE, whilst covering his ass?

Anyway Chick didnt say it, he was only repeating what the groundsman said to him.

So, cutting through everything, are you accusing Tommy Docherty of being a liar, and through his incompetence and lies, caused the game to be called off.

A yes or no will suffice.

So, cutting through everything, are you accusing Tommy Docherty of being a liar, and through his incompetence and lies, caused the game to be called off.

A yes or no will suffice.

New tack on the denial front i see. Just make up accusations and fling them around!

Chick Young reported on the radio that the groundsman had told him the USH was off for the snowfall. If you can produce evidence that he didnt say that on the radio lets see it.

Why is it that none of those in denial can counter this? Hmm let me think??? Aye because it was broadcast to the nation. Mibbaes ask Chick if when he heard Tommy say the USH was "aff" he actually meant it was "oan"... That seems a plausible excuse.

Edited by Lord Pityme

New tack on the denial front i see. Just make up accusations and fling them around!

Chick Young reported on the radio that the groundsman had told him the USH was off for the snowfall. If you can produce evidence that he didnt say that on the radio lets see it.

I'll bow out at this juncture. Not worth it.

So it was on, before someone switched it off.

There you go...

Thanks Pod for helping to enlighten everyone to the fact the game was called off because of a decision taken by the club.

The Ref did his best, conducted two pitch inspections, let the volunteers have a go to rescue it, but with the USH off for the snow fall it was doomed to fail, meaning over 2000 people were messed around due to a club decision.

Chick is embarresed now that his report identified the reason for the call off and is trying yet again to save the red necks of his pals on the Bod.

Not so sure. Think his brain is in terminal sleep mode.

Undersoil heating to melt snow as it falls? Ibroke and Firhill obviously lie in exactly the same place as Paisley 2021 stadium.

If you could be bothered to research for a minute online you would become educated to the fact that it does exactly that..... That is if you have it on before the forecasted snow falls. Perhaps they got the "right" kind of snow at Ibrox and Firhill, and sadly we got the "wrong" kind at 20:21..?

Still its amusing this keeps rolling on and no one (including Chick Young) have been able to confirm he didn't say.... the USH was switched off!

There you go...

Thanks Pod for helping to enlighten everyone to the fact the game was called off because of a decision taken by the club.

The Ref did his best, conducted two pitch inspections, let the volunteers have a go to rescue it, but with the USH off for the snow fall it was doomed to fail, meaning over 2000 people were messed around due to a club decision.

Chick is embarresed now that his report identified the reason for the call off and is trying yet again to save the red necks of his pals on the Bod.

Sorry miss a bit. So it was on, before someone switched it off after the ref. announced the postponement. Brain not what it used to be.

If you could be bothered to research for a minute online you would become educated to the fact that it does exactly that..... That is if you have it on before the forecasted snow falls. Perhaps they got the "right" kind of snow at Ibrox and Firhill, and sadly we got the "wrong" kind at 20:21..?

Still its amusing this keeps rolling on and no one (including Chick Young) have been able to confirm he didn't say.... the USH was switched off!

It doesn't have to.

Guest TPAFKATS

While forecasting that it might snow is relatively simple, determining the consistency and amount is more difficult and this is what causes the problems.

I would add to this that a gritter drove past my house while I was watching the 2nd half of spurs humping Sunderland on Saturday afternoon. Despite this my road was still covered in snow less than2 hrs later.

It's snow, it's unpredictable.

I would add to this that a gritter drove past my house while I was watching the 2nd half of spurs humping Sunderland on Saturday afternoon. Despite this my road was still covered in snow less than2 hrs later.

It's snow, it's unpredictable.

Unlike some of the Posts on this thread......

I wonder why?

Let's see.

I'd imagine because you are asking him to prove something DIDN'T happen.

Something that's always much harder to prove than whether something DID happen.

If it happened, you just need a to post a link to the relevant online replay, along with a timecode, then it takes 30 seconds for everyone to know you were right.

To prove it didn't happen, someone would need to post links to all sports radio broadcasts over, say, a 2 day period - and links to all media that may have reported on Chic's weekend output.

And to satisfy yourself that it wasn't said you'd need to listen to and read the lot.

Clearly not going to happen.

If you heard it on the radio, I assume you remember what station, and roughly what time, it was said.

So why not just go find it, post the link and timecode, and the debate is over.