St Mirren -Shower Of Hopeless Amateurs

shull

You could ask Chick, or Tommy?

Get it from the horses mouths so to speak.

Cant believe all the fuss about this. You know very well its the ref that calls off the game be that 498 hours before the game or in this case very close to kick off.

Have met some nagging woman in my days ( sorry ladies not all of you ) LP you have got to be the most tedious never let go Saints fan ever on this forum. Different if you are debating , your not.

You could ask Chick, or Tommy?

Get it from the horses mouths so to speak.

Your entire argument here has been based on what you said you heard on the radio.

Chick Young has already said in his PDE column that the USH was on for two days.

We're kind of going round in circles again here. Seems to be a recurring theme where you get involved in a thread. It's all whataboutery really, but I am intrigued to know who is lying here because someone is !

New tack on the denial front i see. Just make up accusations and fling them around!

Chick Young reported on the radio that the groundsman had told him the USH was off for the snowfall. If you can produce evidence that he didnt say that on the radio lets see it.

Why is it that none of those in denial can counter this? Hmm let me think??? Aye because it was broadcast to the nation. Mibbaes ask Chick if when he heard Tommy say the USH was "aff" he actually meant it was "oan"... That seems a plausible excuse.

That cannae be done mate, it's like saying "prove I wasn't in the studio when Ziggy Stardust was being recorded". punk.gif

Your entire argument here has been based on what you said you heard on the radio.

Chick Young has already said in his PDE column that the USH was on for two days.

We're kind of going round in circles again here. Seems to be a recurring theme where you get involved in a thread. It's all whataboutery really, but I am intrigued to know who is lying here because someone is !

Yeah I saw his "claw the BoD's ass oot the fire" bit in the PDE trying desoerately to put the genie he released, back in the bottle where he is at pains to say the USH...

HAD... Been on...

Must be embarrassing for Chick being the one who showed up his pals on the BoD. He must remember to stay "on message".

Ask Chick, ask anyone on here who heard his comment... Its all out there.

Moving forward the BoD should consider issuing an apology to the 2000 odd souls, volunteers reg and assistantd who made the effort to get to/get on, a game that their decision effectively put off.

That cannae be done mate, it's like saying "prove I wasn't in the studio when Ziggy Stardust was being recorded". :headbang

I know it cant be done Colin, because Chick broadcast it to the nation, however there are several posters here who deny it with all their might, despite it being on public broadcast. This must bevwhat its like every time a new bunch of shysters take over sevco, and somebody tries to point out they aint all that!

I spoke to one of the players, the under soil heating was put on Thursday. On Sat morning as pitch was soft and temperature was rising it was turned off. The snow came but apparently he said it wouldn't have mattered as its not designed to melt snow. At 2.30pm the ref wanted it off but said if lines were visible he would start game and see how it was. The goalkeepers weren't happy as the goalmouth were very hard and the snow was making it very slippy. After consulting with goalies and some players it was decided to call it off.

I spoke to one of the players, the under soil heating was put on Thursday. On Sat morning as pitch was soft and temperature was rising it was turned off. The snow came but apparently he said it wouldn't have mattered as its not designed to melt snow. At 2.30pm the ref wanted it off but said if lines were visible he would start game and see how it was. The goalkeepers weren't happy as the goalmouth were very hard and the snow was making it very slippy. After consulting with goalies and some players it was decided to call it off.

Sorry how on earth can you believe a player a member of staff employed by St Mirren who was there over Lord Pityme

LOL !

Guest TPAFKATS

The bottom line is the club took the cheap option... (A load of volunteers to sweep the snow aff) rather than put on the USH in advance given the weather forecast, and leave it on as they did at Firhill and Ibrox.

How much do you think this cheap shortcut has cost them this time..?

£10,000

£15,000

£25,000

Unlike the gas required for the USH boiler, they must have money to burn at the twenty one minutes past eight arena.

Doesn't that post back up LPM though?

I thought his claim was was that Chic said it had been turned off on Sat afternoon?

Did ye...aye

It costs 2-3 grand per 24 hours apparently...player said if under soil heating was still on would have made no difference due to amount of snow that would have fallen...

At that cost it shouldn't be running for a game v Raith. Six grand for it to run for 2 days christ what are we fuelling it with, have we built our own nuclear reactor ?

I spoke to one of the players, the under soil heating was put on Thursday.

Which is pretty much what anyone who doesn't have a warped agenda has been suggesting for the past 5 days.

Just re-read this. If the ref wanted it off at 2.30pm, I imagine he could have decided it was off - no debate. He was obviously willing to give it another twenty minutes as that wouldn't have made a great deal of difference in the grand scheme of things (anyone going to the game would have there or thereabouts).

Edited by Drew

Cannot believe I am reading some of this.

1. Chic did not say the ush was not used - fact

2. Tommy did not tell Chic the ush was not on - fact

3. Clearly due to the pitch being soft, the ush was clearly on and working - fact

4. I spoke to a player who told me the ush was turned off pre match - what player, name names - crap

You now have an employee of our club disgusted by the thoughts of some of his own fans, a winner of the groundsman of the year, a trusted and experienced employee who knows his job better than all of us, the producer of the best pitch in the country, a title confirmed by the majority of players in Scotland.

Just pathetic.

A great effort was made by many people to try and ensure the match was played on Saturday, regrettably the worst fall of snow seen for some while defeated these efforts, nobody was at fault, just nature won.

Some on this forum should take a good look at themselves.

You know who you are!

Cannot believe I am reading some of this.

1. Chic did not say the ush was not used - fact

2. Tommy did not tell Chic the ush was not on - fact

3. Clearly due to the pitch being soft, the ush was clearly on and working - fact

4. I spoke to a player who told me the ush was turned off pre match - what player, name names - crap

You now have an employee of our club disgusted by the thoughts of some of his own fans, a winner of the groundsman of the year, a trusted and experienced employee who knows his job better than all of us, the producer of the best pitch in the country, a title confirmed by the majority of players in Scotland.

Just pathetic.

A great effort was made by many people to try and ensure the match was played on Saturday, regrettably the worst fall of snow seen for some while defeated these efforts, nobody was at fault, just nature won.

Some on this forum should take a good look at themselves.

You know who you are!

If you've read the entire thread, Stewart, you will realise that only one poster (as far as I can tell) was intent on dragging out the suggestion that Tommy was lying. I think 'some' is stretching it.

If you've read the entire thread, Stewart, you will realise that only one poster (as far as I can tell) was intent on dragging out the suggestion that Tommy was lying. I think 'some' is stretching it.

Its a bit more than one poster Drew.

There has been a pile of shite thrown at the direction of the club because the board were not able to single handedly predict the heaviest snowfall in years.

Theres been criticism of those who attempted to clear the pitch and get the game on.

There has been ITK pish about players apparently saying stuff which wasnt true.

Then you have the usual 20 pages of shite from people who just want to whine.

Edited by oaksoft