St Mirren -Shower Of Hopeless Amateurs

shull

Its a bit more than one poster Drew.

There has been a pile of shite thrown at the direction of the club because the board were not able to single handedly predict the heaviest snowfall in years.

Theres been criticism of those who attempted to clear the pitch and get the game on.

There has been ITK pish about players apparently saying stuff which wasnt true.

Then you have the usual 20 pages of shite from people who just want to whine.

Fair enough.

I was specifically referring to the allegation levelled at Tommy that Stewart was presumable referring to.

That apart, I agree wholeheartedly.

Edited by Drew

There has been a pile of shite thrown at the direction of the club because the board were not able to single handedly predict the heaviest snowfall in years.

Theres been criticism of those who attempted to clear the pitch and get the game on.

but I had a great day and have nothing but praise for every single club representative I met. I even enjoyed my pie and Bovril, and despite being a Paisley Buddie, don't for a second regret buying a ticket for someone who won't be here for the rearranged match.

COYS

I stand by what I said. We had a yellow weather warning, sub zero temperatures, heavy snowfall and a pitch covered in snow with more on the way. The club should never have called in volunteers, the pitch should not have been cleared and the match should have been postponed at the first pitch inspection. Had the club not treated it's customer base with so much contempt people, like my two season ticket owning sons, would not have felt compelled to make a difficult, hazardous and ultimately wasted journey only to be ripped off by a parking attendent who claimed he did not know what was happening regarding refunds and who has left my son even more out of pocket.

I do hope Mr Gilmour will be putting on free buses for those Raith Rovers fans who had a wasted trip. Surely it's the least that should be done

I stand by what I said. We had a yellow weather warning, sub zero temperatures, heavy snowfall and a pitch covered in snow with more on the way. The club should never have called in volunteers, the pitch should not have been cleared and the match should have been postponed at the first pitch inspection. Had the club not treated it's customer base with so much contempt people, like my two season ticket owning sons, would not have felt compelled to make a difficult, hazardous and ultimately wasted journey only to be ripped off by a parking attendent who claimed he did not know what was happening regarding refunds and who has left my son even more out of pocket.

I do hope Mr Gilmour will be putting on a bus for those Raith Rovers fans who had a wasted trip. Surely it's the least that should be done

Single or double decker. Wasn't a wasted trip for them anyway, they all went shopping at Braehead along with all the other foolhardy shoppers who risked their life's in the hazardous conditions.

I do hope Mr Gilmour will be putting on free buses for those Raith Rovers fans who had a wasted trip. Surely it's the least that should be done

Errant drivel, Stuart. Absolute nonsense.

Hang on a minute SGG.

You can't come on here selectively responding to some posts and threads but not plenty of others?

Er, isn't that what the rest of us do.

Now, your answer to that might be that we are not running the club, but if Gilmour was to respond unselectively to every post relating to club business on here, he wouldn't have time to scratch his arse, much less run a business and a football club (however effectively we might feel he does the latter).

The BOD held a meeting about the subject and Mr.Gilmour was all for it, but most were against. Nae luck.

Hang on a minute SGG.

You can't come on here selectively responding to some posts and threads but not plenty of others?

For example, how much do you and your consortium now realistically want to transfer club ownership to a fan based model?

The reason I responded to this post is to defend a very valued employee of St Mirren, a position any responsible employer would take, who is extremely dismayed by the comments on this thread.

As regards fan ownership we are totally in favor and have always held this as our stance, think back to the space given to 10000 hours to complete a deal, Gordon and SMISA will be given the same assistance, the only factor the guys have to bear in mind is that the consortium are, from Gordon/SMISA group only looking to recoup their investment, which incidentally saved the club, any other bid from other parties is a commercial transaction.

Hang on a minute SGG.

For example, how much do you and your consortium now realistically want to transfer club ownership to a fan based model?

As regards fan ownership we are totally in favor and have always held this as our stance, think back to the space given to 10000 hours to complete a deal, Gordon and SMISA will be given the same assistance, the only factor the guys have to bear in mind is that the consortium are, from Gordon/SMISA group only looking to recoup their investment, which incidentally saved the club, any other bid from other parties is a commercial transaction.

FFS,

Stay on Topic please , Gents. whistling.gif

There's also the trumpet that started the whole thread just to wind people up.

The reason I responded to this post is to defend a very valued employee of St Mirren, a position any responsible employer would take, who is extremely dismayed by the comments on this thread.

Pretty sure all St Mirren fans understand the importance of the investment made back in the day, and fully comprehend that it saved the club. I don't think we need reminded of it in an 'incidentally' way, as if we hadn't realised. I would also say that since that day, the St Mirren BoD have seen the same highs and lows as the support, but during the lows, have not been subjected to the sort of protests that so many other clubs do when some serious shit has hit the fan on the field. No protests in the ground, no boycotts, no 'Gilmour out' banners, no 'sack the board' chants, no fans gathering, even in small numbers, outside the main stand.

The amount of goodwill in the tank displayed by the support to the BoD for their long-standing stewardship of the club has been a pretty impressive large tank of goodwill... Still has some drops in the bottom as we find ourselves struggling in a lower league with a conveyor belt of managers without even as much as one solitary home league win to cheer too.

Best wishes for the current negotiations, and best wishes to our latest management team and award-winning groundsman.

Edited by pozbaird

Tee hee hee. Did Gordon Urquhart just "whooooosh" the chairman thumbup2.gif

Pretty sure all St Mirren fans understand the importance of the investment made back in the day, and fully comprehend that it saved the club. I don't think we need reminded of it in an 'incidentally' way, as if we hadn't realised.

Aye, it was a silly aside to throw in.

It pays to choose wisely when to wear the hero/martyr badge.

the referee says wether the game is on or off.