St Mirren -Shower Of Hopeless Amateurs

shull

Who has said that he had to take into account the efforts the club made to get the game on. You're right the referee makes the decision but it was the club that summoned volunteers in a bid to get a match on when Scotland had a weather warning in place. That decision was bonkers.

You yourself mentioned the demands of the governing bodies with regards to getting a game on so bearing in mind the referee had said after the first inspection "that subject to the pitch not getting any worse the game would go ahead" St Mirren should have stood back and done nothing to try and keep the pitch playable

If I try hard enough I can imagine the nonsense that would be tumbling from you had St Mirren not attempted to "keep" the pitch playable while other "local" games went ahead!!

He clearly didn't. A further pitch inspection was organised for around 12 noon. It's quite obvious the referee was taking into account the efforts to make the pitch playable. I get that. Running a kids football club we had situations where the match was a late afternoon kick off so we'd wait till after lunch before doing the inspection to see if the pitch had thawed any.

A second inspection was "called" by the club due to changes in the weather (snow) not "arranged" by the referee after his first inspection to see if the pitch had "become" playable.

Yes, the pitch was absolutely ruined by people brushing snow from it. People, including the groundman himself.

So ruined in fact, that it hosted an u-20s game just three days later.

Again... Who said it was ruined?

Your trolling and diving in at every opportunity is showing you up. If you really dont want me to express an opinion on here, about the club I have supported for forty od years you can do that more effectively than this. And throwing 'the groundsman" in for effect... Really? Would he want that?

You yourself mentioned the demands of the governing bodies with regards to getting a game on so bearing in mind the referee had said after the first inspection "that subject to the pitch not getting any worse the game would go ahead" St Mirren should have stood back and done nothing to try and keep the pitch playable

If I try hard enough I can imagine the nonsense that would be tumbling from you had St Mirren not attempted to "keep" the pitch playable while other "local" games went ahead!!

Where am I supposed to have said this?

There are NO demands from any football governing body for football clubs to ignore weather warnings, road conditions, or anything else in order to get matches on. There is also no demand on any football club to call in volunteers in a bid to clear pitches to get matches on. If there was would we not have read a great deal more on the subject since many clubs last Saturday sensibly made no effort at all to get their matches on.

And trust me had the game been postponed at 12noon, and my sons not had a wasted journey in hazardous and difficult driving conditions I would have had absolutely no complaint.

There are NO demands from any football governing body for football clubs to ignore weather warnings, road conditions, or anything else in order to get matches on. There is also no demand on any football club to call in volunteers in a bid to clear pitches to get matches on. If there was would we not have read a great deal more on the subject since many clubs last Saturday sensibly made no effort at all to get their matches on.

And trust me had the game been postponed at 12noon, and my sons not had a wasted journey in hazardous and difficult driving conditions I would have had absolutely no complaint.

C'mon.... Your last line.... "No Complaint" You've taken that too far!

I think that we've now reached a point where this thread should be closed. The trolls are basking in all the attention and it's now completely tedious.

Plenty other threads to occupy yirself.

Or start a new yin.

Or be a Mod.

FFS

Pretty sure all St Mirren fans understand the importance of the investment made back in the day, and fully comprehend that it saved the club. I don't think we need reminded of it in an 'incidentally' way, as if we hadn't realised. I would also say that since that day, the St Mirren BoD have seen the same highs and lows as the support, but during the lows, have not been subjected to the sort of protests that so many other clubs do when some serious shit has hit the fan on the field. No protests in the ground, no boycotts, no 'Gilmour out' banners, no 'sack the board' chants, no fans gathering, even in small numbers, outside the main stand.

The amount of goodwill in the tank displayed by the support to the BoD for their long-standing stewardship of the club has been a pretty impressive large tank of goodwill... Still has some drops in the bottom as we find ourselves struggling in a lower league with a conveyor belt of managers without even as much as one solitary home league win to cheer too.

Best wishes for the current negotiations, and best wishes to our latest management team and award-winning groundsman.....and where are my HOF boards

fixed it for you

Who has said that he had to take into account the efforts the club made to get the game on. You're right the referee makes the decision but it was the club that summoned volunteers in a bid to get a match on when Scotland had a weather warning in place. That decision was bonkers.

Yet your boy's travelled to Paisley.

Who is trolling?

Just because someone doesn't agree with the clubs actions doesn't make them a troll.

Why don't you take it up with the club and at the same time you could ask for your boy's car park fee to be refunded. Am sure Mr.Gilmour would love to hear from you.

Hang on a minute SGG.

You can't come on here selectively responding to some posts and threads but not plenty of others?

For example, how much do you and your consortium now realistically want to transfer club ownership to a fan based model?

Whilst it might be nice to get answers to those questions, with respect the man is free to do whatever the hell he wants.

Pretty sure all St Mirren fans understand the importance of the investment made back in the day, and fully comprehend that it saved the club. I don't think we need reminded of it in an 'incidentally' way, as if we hadn't realised. I would also say that since that day, the St Mirren BoD have seen the same highs and lows as the support, but during the lows, have not been subjected to the sort of protests that so many other clubs do when some serious shit has hit the fan on the field. No protests in the ground, no boycotts, no 'Gilmour out' banners, no 'sack the board' chants, no fans gathering, even in small numbers, outside the main stand.

The amount of goodwill in the tank displayed by the support to the BoD for their long-standing stewardship of the club has been a pretty impressive large tank of goodwill... Still has some drops in the bottom as we find ourselves struggling in a lower league with a conveyor belt of managers without even as much as one solitary home league win to cheer too.

Best wishes for the current negotiations, and best wishes to our latest management team and award-winning groundsman.

Are you actually suggesting that Stewart should be grateful for not receiving abuse?

That's the bare minimum isn't it?

We had a yellow weather warning, sub zero temperatures, heavy snowfall and a pitch covered in snow with more on the way. The club should never have called in volunteers, the pitch should not have been cleared and the match should have been postponed at the first pitch inspection. Had the club not treated it's customer base with so much contempt people, like my two season ticket owning sons, would not have felt compelled to make a difficult, hazardous and ultimately wasted journey

Have you brought your sons up to be incapable of making simple decisions?

Nobody compelled them to drive out in conditions that you considered so dangerous that their very lives were at risk.

Their very lives I tell you!!!

Are you simply annoyed that your sons have grown up to be more daft than you and you are simply looking for someone else to blame?

If my kids risked their very lives to get to a bloody football match I'd have been very disappointed in them.

Why don't you take it up with the club and at the same time you could ask for your boy's car park fee to be refunded. Am sure Mr.Gilmour would love to hear from you.

Mr Gilmour has always had my contact details, indeed he has used them in the past, and he has both of my sons details as well. If he's that desperate to hear my voice he could always call. :rolleyes:

My son tells me he's called the club 3 times now looking for a resolution to the car park refund issue. He's yet to get reasonable solution. I believe he has since given up and will simply take it as a lesson learned when it comes to buying anything in future from the club.

I may have paraphrased a little Stuart, you weren't talking about demands you were talking about sanctions.

Stuart Dickson, on 17 Jan 2016 - 23:54, said:snapback.png

You are the one coming the c**t. I've never said that St Mirren should have cancelled the match. Remember I was a secretary for a kids team. I know what sanctions we'd have had to suffer had we done that as amateurs never mind what would happen in the professional game. What I did say was that they shouldn't have invited volunteers to clear the pitch. That would have taken any doubt out of the fixture and saved a number of people a wasted journey in difficult weather conditions.

Have you brought your sons up to be incapable of making simple decisions?

Nobody compelled them to drive out in conditions that you considered so dangerous that their very lives were at risk.

Their very lives I tell you!!!

Are you simply annoyed that your sons have grown up to be more daft than you and you are simply looking for someone else to blame?

If my kids risked their very lives to get to a bloody football match I'd have been very disappointed in them.

They are both adults and perfectly capable of handling themselves. They are however season ticket holders and as a result of the clubs poor decision making they were faced with a choice of travelling or missing a match that they had already paid for. They took the decision to travel only to discover on arrival that the car park was heavily snow bound, the pitch was completely white and that the match was to be called off AFTER they'd taken their seats in the stadium.

The club is to blame there's no question about that. They are also to blame for a number of Raith Rovers fans making a journey in hazardous weather conditions at great expense to themselves. As I've said the least the club can do is put on free buses for the Raith Rovers fans who were so badly treated.

Did the club actually ask for volunteers to come in to help clear the pitch? I don't recall seeing anything on the website, Facebook or Twitter which would surely have been the obvious place to advertise for helpers.

I may have paraphrased a little Stuart, you weren't talking about demands you were talking about sanctions.

Stuart Dickson, on 17 Jan 2016 - 23:54, said:snapback.png

Paraphrased? You completely misunderstood what I was saying. The sanctions would be imposed if Wishaw Wycombe had postponed a match without the venue owner closing the facility, or without a referee conducting a pitch inspection and deeming the pitch unplayable. We could also have faced sanctions had we done what St Mirren had done and had the match postponed 10 minutes before kick off with the park unplayable and with weather warnings in place. Those sanctions would typically have taken the form of covering all travel costs for the opposition.

For clarity there is no onus on the home side to do everything possible to defeat Mother Nature - not at any level of the game.

Did the club actually ask for volunteers to come in to help clear the pitch? I don't recall seeing anything on the website, Facebook or Twitter which would surely have been the obvious place to advertise for helpers.

Do you think the reported 100 people woke up that morning and just decided to break into the stadium just incase there was snow on the pitch?

Edited by Stuart Dickson