St Mirren -Shower Of Hopeless Amateurs

shull

I'm sorry but they weren't. I've still got my receipt and wasn't offered a refund.

In fact I'd be surprised if they had issued receipts to all those who entered the car park as I, and a number of folk I sit with, regularly have to demand receipts on entering the car park and I've seen plenty of cars drive in without being issued receipts

Myself and a number of cars in front of me on the way out were given their money back and handed back over the ticket that they were given on the way in

I'm sorry but they weren't. I've still got my receipt and wasn't offered a refund.

In fact I'd be surprised if they had issued receipts to all those who entered the car park as I, and a number of folk I sit with, regularly have to demand receipts on entering the car park and I've seen plenty of cars drive in without being issued receipts

Yes they were. I was sitting in the queue of cars waiting to get out, and saw probably one in every two cars slow on approach to the two stewards at the gate, put their window down, and get reimbursed. I was one of them, and it wasn't even an issue. Of course if people just fired out at (inappropriately high) speed as I saw several do 'just in case the stewards step in and let one of the other queues of cars begin to go before I get out' as it's plain to see many do every week, then they wouldn't have got their money back. Edited by zurich_allan

Scott you need.to take your saints specs of mate. This club is in decline and we all know it. Honestly the amount of folk who go about with their head in the sand is frightening

Look at the state of our team and look how far we have fallen. It's declining alright.

Edited by norrie82

When I arrived back an hour later for the game it was a total whiteout, the pitch was unplayable and it was the right decision to call it off.

Again the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't. A lot of people worked really hard to get that game on.

No argument, I can be tight arsed and a halfwit lots of times.

However, today I would have postponed the Match a lot earlier or even last night.

That would have saved you spending all day in the Boozer and you could have had quality time in the House instead.

S x

After nearly 2 weeks holiday and 2 weeks on the sick I have spend more than enough quality time in the house thank you, and there nothing wrong in spending an afternoon helping out the profits of my local drinks_cheers.gif

What happens to people in hospitality. They have had their meal, got half pished but haven't had their half time and post match stuff. Do they get a freebie next time or half money back?

Happened to me one time in hospitality.

Came back for the rearranged game at no extra cost.

Feel sorry for our 12 year old supporters who go to games with their pals.

Once in the 60's I returned home from a postponed game around 20 past 3 to discover my mammy and daddy had went back to bed.

Here's the lesson for all grown ups.

Check that the game isnae called off before you reach for the condoms.

When I arrived back an hour later for the game it was a total whiteout, the pitch was unplayable and it was the right decision to call it off.

Again the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't. A lot of people worked really hard to get that game on.

And this was the initial gripe that I had.

Chick Young called the efforts of the volunteers and ground staff heroic but what exactly is heroic about creating a situation where people are being goaded to take to the roads unnecessarily when the weather conditions are already dangerous and predicted to get worse, and when there is a severe weather warning for the area. Volunteers should have stayed away and the club should have left the pitch untouched and just heeded the weather warnings.

Once in the 60's I returned home from a postponed game around 20 past 3 to discover my mammy and daddy had went back to bed.

They should have reached for them twelve years and nine months earlier.

And that's my final word.

Lock the f**king door.

Agree with some fans it was ok an hour before kick off and the snow looked liked it was stopping then wooosh got very heavy so i see no fault of the club today cannot predict the weather and even the weather men cannot do that as always getting it wrong, so give the club a break

So the heating system was on div? I think it was correct to clear pitch and try to get game on. I was wondering how ibrox was ok yet we weren't. I don't know how? Anyhow the pitch was covered by 3 and it seems the heavy flurry in the forty minutes leading upto kick off finished it

And this was the initial gripe that I had.

Chick Young called the efforts of the volunteers and ground staff heroic but what exactly is heroic about creating a situation where people are being goaded to take to the roads unnecessarily when the weather conditions are already dangerous and predicted to get worse, and when there is a severe weather warning for the area. Volunteers should have stayed away and the club should have left the pitch untouched and just heeded the weather warnings.

And of course, if that had happened you would definitely not have been on here berating the club for not doing enough to get the game on.

So the heating system was on div? I think it was correct to clear pitch and try to get game on. I was wondering how ibrox was ok yet we weren't. I don't know how? Anyhow the pitch was covered by 3 and it seems the heavy flurry in the forty minutes leading upto kick off finished it

Heating was on from Thursday, pitch itself was fine, the reason the game was off was purely because of the snow lying on top of it which was just too heavy for the heating to melt.

The ref passed the pitch playable at 1045 which was just as it started to snow.

Ibrox maybe has better USH than we do, but it's also a few miles away, the snow maybe just wasn't as heavy there as it was in Paisley.

The forecast yesterday in Paisley was for light snow until 6pm then heavy snow. That's why the club spent a couple of ours getting the pitch cleared as the assumption was that the USH would deal with any light snow.

What actually happened was that the heavy snow started at around half one, and that's why the game was off.

Just one of those things. Frustrating for everyone but not least for the 40 odd people who spent hours clearing the pitch in the morning.

Heating was on from Thursday, pitch itself was fine, the reason the game was off was purely because of the snow lying on top of it which was just too heavy for the heating to melt.

The ref passed the pitch playable at 1045 which was just as it started to snow.

Ibrox maybe has better USH than we do, but it's also a few miles away, the snow maybe just wasn't as heavy there as it was in Paisley.

The forecast yesterday in Paisley was for light snow until 6pm then heavy snow. That's why the club spent a couple of ours getting the pitch cleared as the assumption was that the USH would deal with any light snow.

What actually happened was that the heavy snow started at around half one, and that's why the game was off.

Just one of those things. Frustrating for everyone but not least for the 40 odd people who spent hours clearing the pitch in the morning.

It was still pretty light from half one until about 2 as I was in town then walking back, indeed it was quite light for the walk down from 20 to 1 onwards. The pitch had a lighter cover than shown in your pic, but by about 20 past they were clearing the lines and then having to clear a light covering again 9 minutes later. The remainder of the pitch just built up from 2 onwards and wasn't cleared. All that said, it was heavy just after 2:45 and if the pitch/ush was already struggling then the game just wouldn't have finished anyway even if the light snow had been cleared as it fell.