Q And A Night With Alex And David

Just a reminder to every St Mirren supporter that the Q&A with the Management Team is on tonight with a 7pm k.o. Everyone welcome, free entry, bar open, what more could you ask for. Donations toward Youth Development most welcome. Prize raffle on the night - a signed 1959 Cup Winning Poster with autographs by St Mirren Legends and Hall of Famers, Jim Rodger and Alistair Miller.

post-2177-0-60671600-1454576230_thumb.jp

Just a reminder to all St Mirren supporters that the SMISA Question and Answer Night with the Management Team will go ahead tonight at the stadium with a 7pm k....o. Entry is free, bar open, what more could you want. Donations to Youth Development most welcome. Prize raffle of a signed 1959 Cup Final Winning Team poster autographed by St Mirren Legends and Hall of Famers, Jim Rodger and Alistair Miller.thumbup2.gif

Bit of a waste of time this, just in door, aims were to avoid relegation and possibly make top 4. Good recruitment drive in summer and push for title next year. Get rid of some players blah blah blah...

this is exactly what i wanted for this season,i knew we were not going straight back up and i wanted tospend this year re-building

ok..now we only have the rest of this season to solidify oue stake in this league and hope that the summer break brings quality players ( totally lacking this season) and the manager to gel the team into a force to be reckoned with

i dont fear dundee utd or kilmarnock who will be coming down this season,their fate will depend on their finances and how they can apply and afford them ( killie more so)

sadly i think we will say farewell to thommo and goody....i wish them well and hope to see them back one day in one form or another

so yeah...for me its next season..for me it always has been

Really enjoyed tonight, Thought the manager was brilliant and funny guy, Loved his plain speaking and saying a one point he told the players if they don't like at St,Mirren they can piss off, quote unquote, David Farrell very in tune with the manager you can see how they work well together, Well done SMISA for a good few hours oot the hoose.

Seems Ridgers was second or third highest paid player at the club and partly why he went.

A goalie Rae has worked with before with experience from down south has been in training this week and seems we are keen to sign him.

All in All a good night, very positive management duo who never shirked a question and took a couple of awkward questions in their stride,

Basically they want the team to move up (obviously) cannot promise 4th place but believe it is achievable although a very tough ask given we have 5 games against the blue lot, Hibs and feckin Falkirk.

They want to get a scouting system set up. They do not like playing the ball out from the back because "we do not have the silky players like Barcelona who can play it out from the back and get it up the park, nobody in Scotland has". Also added "I watched youth teams and cannot believe that they insist on playing it out only for the opposition to nip in and set up an attack" "it's unbelievable man" he says "man" quite often.

First target was a centre-half but that broke down in negotiations and after not having many other options and little time, he then opted for Gary Irvine and will be moving Sean Kelly and Keith Watson inside.

Jim Goodwin is itching to get back playing but after discussions and calming Jim down a bit they decided he needs a wee bit more time to heal properly (he has had a wee twitch elsewhere during training).

They seem to be talking long term involvement, one fan said he would not renew his season ticket if Alex and David (Faz as Alex calls him) were to be let go at the end of the season, Alex turned to Fitzy and said " did you hear that ? get the chairman telt"

They are keen to fast-track young players up through the teams, with the view that if they are good enough they will get the chance.

They don't want shrinking violets and believe we need strong players to survive in this and any other league.

They are of the opinion that the game in Scotland and in England suffers from modern day coaching and although some of it is good - "fannying about at the back is just not on man"

Thanks to all the 90+ fans who attended and donated £220 for youth development.

James Hunter from SMTV and radio filmed the event and reckons it will be available to view on Saints you tube by Monday or Tuesday.