St Mirren... Shower Of Wonderful Ambassadors

With all the criticism levelled at the club since Saturday, I want to buck the trend and say a massive thank you and well done.

My Cousin came to Scotland for his first ever visit in his 49 years.

His Dad, my Uncle Tom died not that long ago. Tom was a great Saints fan and was at the 59 cup final. He emigrated a year later.

My Cousin is spending 6 weeks touring Europe, and although only spending one weekend in this area, the whole trip was scheduled to let him get to Saturdays game.

Unbeknown to my Cous, I contacted Brian Caldwell at short notice and asked if he could help make the visit memorable.

He said to arrive at the stadium at 1pm and he would see what he could do.

We arrived at 1pm to be told that Brian was out on the pitch shovelling snow!

At that point I resigned myself to a token greeting.

Brian arrived 10 minutes later, full of apologies.

He then spent almost 40 minutes giving Russell a full tour... Introducing him to Mallan, Goodwin, Thompson and Rae... all of whom willingly stopped and chatted.

A visit to the changing rooms, Board Room, Tunnel and trackside followed... Along with a lovely chat with his fellow Kiwi Howieson.

Brian shared wonderful stories of Saints past and present, and showed a pride and passion about Saints that took me aback.

The game may have been postponed, but he made sure that my Cousin had a truly memorable day. One that he will always cherish. I will too.

Well done Saints...truly proud to be a Buddie.

Thanks also to Alan Murray for arranging a welcome greeting on the electronic scoreboard. Another wonderful gesture.

Aye. Whatever. If Brian hadn't stopped shoveling snow to show you around, the game might have went ahead.

Hope you're proud of yourself... It's all your fault!

Aye. Whatever. If Brian hadn't stopped shoveling snow to show you around, the game might have went ahead.

Hope you're proud of yourself... It's all your fault!

The pitch was bloody well clear when he stopped.

Perhaps if all the hot air hadn't been in hospitality we could have cleared the following snowfall!

:-P

The pitch was bloody well clear when he stopped.

Perhaps if all the hot air hadn't been in hospitality we could have cleared the following snowfall!

:-P

Best day I've had in hospitality... Meal, beers, nice and comfy... Then no football to spoil it! Carlsberg don't do 2.55pm call offs, but if they did...

Edited by pozbaird

Meant to say, sorry that your cousin missed out but great to hear that it sort of worked out.

To be honest I actually think it worked out better this way!

Shhhhhh tho.

Saints benefitted too... Bought him a £20 ticket 30 minutes before kick off. I don't see him coming back for the match when it is played!

I don't see him coming back for the match when it is played!

What!!!!!!!

Might have known a part time supporter and to think that you bought him his ticket. Ungrateful or what, the least he could do is show for the rescheduled match.

If I were you I'd tell him that that's the last ticket you're buying him. That'll teach him.

What!!!!!!!

Might have known a part time supporter and to think that you bought him his ticket. Ungrateful or what, the least he could do is show for the rescheduled match.

If I were you I'd tell him that that's the last ticket you're buying him. That'll teach him.

Yep.

Bloody glory hunter.

All the nice stuff and none of the misery the rest of us have to suffer!

I'm emigrating!