English Bid For The Club ?

div

GLS talks a good game, has never came up with the cash or anywhere near it...

I have been told Gordon is not involved but Smisa are.I have also been told that there has over the years been loads of people *interested* but nobody has put their money where their mouth is.As stated previously i have no reason to doubt that the club is very close to being sold and also that we will have another player in this week.To my fellow Saints fans who i informed that Farrell would be in by Monday i failed to say which Monday but he did arrive.Patience peeps.

I have been told Gordon is not involved but Smisa are.

I see this as a positive.

Having Gordon involved potentially leaves us back at square one as at the end of the day he is trying to rescue his investment. If the fans through SMISA didn't come up with the money for a fan takeover then nothing would have changed.

Instead of Douglas Street trying to find a buyer it would be GLS.

Nice guy Gordon but I'd rather he managed to sell his shares with Douglas Street if possible as he doesn't deserve to shafted.

Edited by davidg

If this is true....does it mean we wont bring any more players in,due to potential new owners wanting to bring in their own management team and players?Lets hope if its true that a buyout will be swift and painless.

are we we going to see this every year as an excuse not to bring in players in January?

Would be a surprise if a relatively unknown journalist from a minor radio station had the scoop over the normally more reliable guys like Graeme MacPherson, Douglas McNeil and Andy Newport.

You'd think at least one of them would have heard something if this was legit.

That's my view too. I hadn't heard of Rock Radio (or whatever it's called) until last night and haven't heard of the journalist either. Not saying that means it isn't true but it would be quite a surprise if they had the news first. What is their Saints coverage usually like?

The cynical part of me thinks it's to put some pressure on SMiSA or, as has been mentioned, is a convenient excuse for a lack of transfer activity.

That's my view too. I hadn't heard of Rock Radio (or whatever it's called) until last night and haven't heard of the journalist either. Not saying that means it isn't true but it would be quite a surprise if they had the news first. What is their Saints coverage usually like?

The cynical part of me thinks it's to put some pressure on SMiSA or, as has been mentioned, is a convenient excuse for a lack of transfer activity.

Bill Young used to host the show on Real Radio with Alan Rough. Has been all over the place, used to be on TalkSPORT as well.

Not saying he's in any way a "heavyweight" but similarly he's not just some jock on a hospital radio station either.

Only time will tell if there is anything in this. I think we are all a bit weary with false dawns on this story (6 years waiting tends to do that) so like everyone else, I'm not holding my breath.

Lets face it, SMISA owning the club would be beginning of the end, anybody wanting them to get ownership would need to be mental...as for Gordon Scott, always spoke a good game. Never put his money where his mouth was and allegedly was not a loss to club when leaving the board...we need new outside owners with hardcash and put this SMISA ownership thing to bed..jesus, have u seen some of the SMISA members, they couldn't run a raffle and the thought of them making club decisions is frightening...

Bill Young used to host the show on Real Radio with Alan Rough. Has been all over the place, used to be on TalkSPORT as well.

Not saying he's in any way a "heavyweight" but similarly he's not just some jock on a hospital radio station either.

Only time will tell if there is anything in this. I think we are all a bit weary with false dawns on this story (6 years waiting tends to do that) so like everyone else, I'm not holding my breath.

Fair enough, just seems an unusual place for this to come from. Definitely falls into the "believe it when I see it" category.

Thats the thing, just because he works for a radio station that not many have heard of on here, it doesnt mean his source of information is any less than what we hear on here from some posters.

He is a radio presenter, who as you have mentioned div, has worked on a vary of stations alongside a few famous names. That radio station dedicates a chunk of its material to sport and it has to be sourced from somewhere. Here is hoping that he has someone in the know right enough and something comes of this news.

Say a Rock Radio DJ has a mate who says to him that a mate of his has a good mate who knows a guy who told him someone wants to buy St Mirren. The Rock Radio DJ then asks someone who he thinks might also have heard something...

Excuse me if I don't unpack the bunting, strike up the band, and in a Blazing Saddles fashion, erect a stage outside the Paisley 2021 Shithole proclaiming 'Welcome our new nigg.... Sheriff'.

Edited by pozbaird

Say a Rock Radio DJ has a mate who says to him that a mate of his has a good mate who knows a guy who told him someone wants to buy St Mirren. The Rock Radio DJ then asks someone who he thinks might also have heard something...

Excuse me if I don't unpack the bunting, strike up the band, and in a Blazing Saddles fashion, erect a stage outside the Paisley 2021 Shithole proclaiming 'Welcome our new nigg.... Sheriff'.

We just need to wait and see like we always do the fact a couple of other Saints fans Billy and Iain have heard the jungle drums along the same rhythm as Div is encouraging. You also have to ask how this Dj knew how to contact Div ,out of fresh air I don't think so.

All things considered I'm quite hopeful.

Someone who used to be on a radio show said its happening....

Surely thats all we need to breakout the St Georges flags, Pork Pies, Watney's Red Barrel and Dame Vera Lynn cd's to welcome our new English overlords..?

"Knees up mother braaan, knees up mother braaan"

I feel so cockney, it hurts!

He still is on a radio show albeit a different one..............

Someone who used to be on a radio show said its happening....

Surely thats all we need to breakout the St Georges flags, Pork Pies, Watney's Red Barrel and Dame Vera Lynn cd's to welcome our new English overlords..?

"Knees up mother braaan, knees up mother braaan"

I feel so cockney, it hurts!

Shut it you slaaaaaaaag!!!

You're the slaaaaaaag wot did da blaaaaaag, you slaaaaaaaag!

How do you know they're Cockernies? Could be from up north and it would be ferrets down the trousers and pints of Black Sheep ale all round with a chorus of On Ilkley Moor Baht at to follow.