English Bid For The Club ?

div

Perhaps this rumoured English bid has forced smisa's hand a bit?

That's a possibility but I think the £1m figure is out of the ball park , I believe the anticipated purchase figure , alongside GLS , was considerably less than that !

50 pence.

.. a wee bit more than that...TBF

thought i would suggest that any bid will be made up of a cash sum X say £500K followed by more over a couple of years say to take it to Y + £800K with an extra £200K possible depending on performance and transfers, which would then take it to £1m or so.

Cannot see £1m being a straight up cash offer in one lump for a number of reasons

Edited by rea

Andy Newport on Twitter is reporting Smisa have offered in the region of £1m

George Adam quoted here as saying a bid has been made.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-fans-make-fresh-7219413#JEYLyEKVtiCTECGb.97

Personally I doubt there is any truth in that. SMiSA would surely have organised a meeting with their membership before making a formal bid. I'm not aware of any such meetings taking place.

Yeah, strange if SMiSA have made a bid and the members haven't even been told that's happening.

Three couples are coming to view your house , the first couple say they will have a survey done costing them money.

Do you cancel all other couples to view your house.

When selling something its first across the line with the ready's. The fact the board have had plenty enquires regarding the sale of the club none have put the cash up when it came to the bit I know that to be a fact.

Personally I don't blame them going for all avenues available given the history.

What SMiSA should have had in place (or maybe they do) was a Confidentiality and Exclusivity Agreement which would then have allowed them time to do the DD without the worry of having the rug pulled from beneath their feet.

.. a wee bit more than that...TBF

thought i would suggest that any bid will be made up of a cash sum X say £500K followed by more over a couple of years say to take it to Y + £800K with an extra £200K possible depending on performance and transfers, which would then take it to £1m or so.

Cannot see £1m being a straight up cash offer in one lump for a number of reasons

I guess the issue that would concern me there is the possibility of portions of the club's income being used to pay off the outstanding sale amounts over the next couple of years, if it transpired that there wasn't enough cash coming from the fans to make up the shortfall.

I guess the issue that would concern me there is the possibility of portions of the club's income being used to pay off the outstanding sale amounts over the next couple of years, if it transpired that there wasn't enough cash coming from the fans to make up the shortfall.

Just like the 10000hours bid i am sure that this will not be possible.

It would basically be illegal to do that sort of thing and in theory the only route open would be to pay a dividend on the shares that SMISA own say 51% but that would also mean paying the same dividend to the 49% as there class of shares are effectively the same.....time to find my share certificate!

What SMiSA should have had in place (or maybe they do) was a Confidentiality and Exclusivity Agreement which would then have allowed them time to do the DD without the worry of having the rug pulled from beneath their feet.

Maybe they (SMISA) weren't far along the road enough with their proposal to put an "EA" in place yet or maybe haven't asked for such an agreement but certainly not something (at least this bit) to hold against Douglas St.

Edited by WeeBud

I think we can translate this as "I have no idea but I'm going to pretend I do so you think I am important. Not revealing my sources helps to portray that image".

Just like your claim to have deep inside knowledge about our players everyone can see straighten through your utter bullshit.

We already have Dickson playing the Walter Mitty card. Looks like he has a wee fanboy trying the same thing.

Away back to Facebook and give us peace. lol.gif

seriously do u fancy me? I'm not interested in any sort of relationship with u, u troll me around on here commenting on every post, stop stalking me....

So your source is not connected to the club? Either that or you have actually blabbed about discussions you have had with people at the club

Only thing revealed was that the club was close to being sold.Something i thought would be good news for our fans who feel we have stagnated in recent years.

Hearing that this bid is very much alive, which probably prompted the SMISA bid.

All I know is that a football agent is involved and they are "extremely well connected", so probably backs up the Scotland/England link.

SMiSA bid was prompted by all factors finally being in place and the desire to get an answer before the season ends, we were and still are unaware of any other bid.

I would say that any other bid can only be something to be considered if it has been formally presented to the club.

Hearing that this bid is very much alive, which probably prompted the SMISA bid.

All I know is that a football agent is involved and they are "extremely well connected", so probably backs up the Scotland/England link.

Will be interesting to see what they're proposing if they ever break cover.

The club was on the verge of being sold a year and a half ago.

So close was the sale that Stewart Gilmour bought up a load of shares.

So I wouldn't advise anyone to hold their breath...

That is good advice indeed. Especially if one has coronary or breathing issues.

I also would advise against skateboarding. motorbikes and tightrope walking.

• 2 weeks later...