English Bid For The Club ?

div

Would be a surprise if a relatively unknown journalist from a minor radio station had the scoop over the normally more reliable guys like Graeme MacPherson, Douglas McNeil and Andy Newport.

You'd think at least one of them would have heard something if this was legit.

Would be a surprise if a relatively unknown journalist from a minor radio station had the scoop over the normally more reliable guys like Graeme MacPherson, Douglas McNeil and Andy Newport.

Yes I agree mate, it's come from a left field source here with no track record. Just need to wait and see I suppose.

It does seem the consortium are intent on selling the club to anyone but Gordon Scott

You have to laugh at all the stuff they put out about wanting to sell to people who have the club's best interests at heart.

I did predict that GLS's involvement with the SMISA bid would hamper its chances of success.

I suppose it depends on who he knows. A n 'impeccable source' could be someone in the selling consortium or one of the buyers.

Or, of course, it could just be a local radio hack with a crush on Div, who is looking for an angle to get close to him. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it!

I suppose it depends on who he knows. A n 'impeccable source' could be someone in the selling consortium or one of the buyers.

Or, of course, it could just be a local radio hack with a crush on Div, who is looking for an angle to get close to him. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it!

He had me at "Hello" thumbup2.gif

The guy who called me today was a Bill Young who hosts a show on Rock Sport Radio.

He called me tonight again and had me on his show, primarily to find out what the chat was on the site about Alex Rae.

He mentioned his information on air again related to the sale and that it came from "an impeccable source".

Now I don't know the man, only talked to him a couple of times on the phone so I'm not saying he's right or wrong but it's out there now.

Think the show is on listen again so will link to it when it's published and you can hear for yourself what he said.

Is that Bill Young who used to do the Real Radion phone in with Alan Rough?

So, to summarise the situation so far....

- Div's creepy stalker guy called him out the blue with a spurious story and nothing of substance to back it up;

- creepy stalker guy invites Div to contribute to his, aherm, 'radio chat show';

- creepy stalker guy visits local hardware store and purchases zip ties and gaffer tape, and deposits said items in anonymous looking hired van;

- LPM witnessed using smartphone while sitting in anonymous looking hire van

- no, wait.... something isn't right, here....

Seems a bit of a coincidence for this not to have some link with the previous bid/approach. If it is the same group (or part thereof), they are either very keen, very shady, or very daft.

Edited by Drew

I can't think how SMiSA would have enough cash to put up front if they were to bid on their own though?

I don't disagree that from SMISA's point of view if GLS can provide the money up front that it made sense for them to work with him. Whilst I'd like to see fans buy the club, the 10000Hrs bid ran for a few years (or seemed like it did) before falling at the final hurdle and SMISA and GLS' bid has been getting worked on for months without too much in the way of signs of progress being announced publicly. I don't have high hopes of a quick sale after all this time and reckon we would have heard a bit more in the way of updates if the SMISA bid was looking likely to succeed.

Maybe its because almost no press give a shit what's going on with us now we are a wee diddy team .