Smisa & Gordon Scott Submit Bid

div

u ask any board member what he did..u need to ask if anybody was sorry when he left...spoke a good game..don't see what the fascination from smisa is to kiss his arse!

religion is saints, have you been in touch with SMISA about securing the safety of our beloved club?

Are you working on a different bid?

u ask any board member what he did..u need to ask if anybody was sorry when he left...spoke a good game..don't see what the fascination from smisa is to kiss his arse!

Project managed the stadium build, whilst our current board managed the appointment of Tommy Craig. On that basis alone, I think we know who talk a good game. Tommy Craig was sacked, the Board used a soft loan to pay him off, took it back from our parachute payment and we all have no other option than to accept that instead of highlighting that the BOD run the club, hired Craig, sacked Craig and really should take some financial responsibility for that. On the other hand we have a four sided compliant stadium that's generally acceptable...it was even built with SMFC carrying no risk and the contractor accepting design liability.

GLS was effectively site manager when the new stadium was under construction.

Those of us involved in the Final Chapter book were afforded the opportunity to get in and about the site as the build progressed (recording this process was an integral component of the book itself), and it was invariably Gordon who welcomed us and showed us around. His enthusiasm, attention to detail, and commitment was abundantly clear, and the hours he spent there are testimony to that.

Say what you will about the final product (and I am no huge fan, while appreciating the constraints the club was operating under),but the extent of his input was undeniable. Indeed, I'll take a punt and suggest that the stadium might have been further developed, and earning a higher commercial income had he still been about.

I've only met Gordon a handful of times, I'm not a mate, and have no reason to brown nose or butter him up. I'm simply passing on my direct experience,for what it's worth. We will require a new Chairman of the club soon enough, and if that is to be Gordon, I'm comfortable with that.

Edited by Drew

u being one of the chief arse kissers!

This is because I don't agree with you?

Like it or not, and a few don't seem to like it, but whether I happen to run the forum or not, I'm still allowed an opinion the same as everyone else is.

My opinion is that Gordon Scott would be a good guy to have on the board. Your opinion appears to be that he wouldn't.

I won't resort to mocking or abusing you for that opinion, but I disagree with it, and I've given you the reasons why.

the club is currently in safe hands, this smisa bid is nonsence...

The club is running stale and has been for over half a decade now. A league cup win papered the very obvious cracks that were appearing to everyone as soon as the BoD announced they wanted out sooner rather than later. We are increasingly becoming a hot stone in those safe hands as they are desperate to drop us.

I'm underwhelmed by the SMISA bid but it's a safer option long term.

the club is currently in safe hands, this smisa bid is nonsence...

shall I take that as a no then.

I understand that the current board have done a lot of good but as pointed out they want out. Surely they deserve to get out without all the goodwill they earned being forgotten?

There are people willing to try and allow them to exit by stepping into the roles that they want to vacate. There is a chance for us all as individuals to get involved, pull together and try to own our club collectively. I understand you may have concerns but if you do why not get in touch with some of the guys at SMISA and discuss your concerns, put forward your ideas, for all you know they may well listen.

Your approach to moving the club forward seems a bit like the Gerry McNee approach to journalism, slag everything but offer no suggestions, other than status quo.

I don't think there is much doubt that the commercial revenue at the club could be improved but to the tune of £600K a year whilst living in the Championship? Not so sure.

What ideas do you have that might realise that increase bud?

Sounds a lot added together but break it down to basics.

1 pound per day extra revenue from 1600 people / businesses not involved with saints = Total rev required.

Shull taxis sponsoring a player to wear black boots.

Right. Just another 1599 more to find.

Easy.

How much more income would have been generated had we at least been mixing it with the likes of Hibs and Falkirk, instead of dropping down from the top flight, then proceeding to disappear even deeper up our own arses in a self-inflicted perfect storm of shite managerial appointments signing shite players?

A fair whack I'd say. There is zero feelgood factor.

Edited by pozbaird

The question I asked Div earlier has still not been answered is there another bid from an English consortium or not .Or was it as some have suggested a ploy for SMISA to show there hand.

Never a ploy for SMiSA to show their hand, the Smisa & GLS proposal has been worked on for months now and has come to the point where a financial report has been undertaken and subject to the outcome of that report a proposal has been lodged with the consortium, there are many conditions listed in that proposal and it is now going to be mulled over by the sellers. Some people (myself included) thought it was taking too long, i am happy that it has now come to a conditional proposal, some people are questioning the timing of it but in reality it just became time to send in a proposal, no factors - other than it took this long to get everything in place - have affected the timing of the proposal.

The ball is now well and truly with the board. The funding for the buyout and subsequent funding for emergencies have all been taken into account and will be made public if and when the board accept the proposal.

The main doubt I have is how will the SMISA/GLS ownership differ from the current board?

Will they be able to generate more revenue?

Will they be able to deal with "cash flow" issues

After setting up a repayment schedule to GLS from fans' contributions, how much over and above that will be made available to the playing budget?

I don't have a particularly strong view one way or another about GLS but if he is going to fund buying a 75% in the club I would be interesting in hearing if it was the case that he used to decline chipping in to help the other directors with cash flow issues if this bid will see him and SMISA replace the current board, and if there any mitigating factors if this was the case, and also if he is now in a better position to step up to the plate if required to do so.

I don't have a particularly strong view one way or another about GLS but if he is going to fund buying a 75% in the club I would be interesting in hearing if it was the case that he used to decline chipping in to help the other directors with cash flow issues if this bid will see him and SMISA replace the current board, and if there any mitigating factors if this was the case, and also if he is now in a better position to step up to the plate if required to do so.

considering how the consortium maneuvered him out of the way when they formed Douglas St, can you blame him for not forking out?

Despite other reservations that i have about the bid, i don't see him not having a plan. My guess (only a guess) is that he will only sanction spending money already received and manage cash flow issues by avoiding them as far as is possible, which could actually see things pared down a bit in the short term.

His previous solo bid reputedly included a sum to be invested in the club, maybe that is factored in to the bid this time and is his "float"

Edited by beyond our ken

considering how the consortium maneuvered him out of the way when they formed Douglas St, can you blame him for not forking out?

Despite other reservations that i have about the bid, i don't see him not having a plan. My guess (only a guess) is that he will only sanction spending money already received and manage cash flow issues by avoiding them as far as is possible, which could actually see things pared down a bit in the short term.

His previous solo bid reputedly included a sum to be invested in the club, maybe that is factored in to the bid this time

I believe that claims of GLS not helping with cash flow issues predated the formation of Douglas Street which is why I asked the question... when he was an active part of the team the suggestion is that he wasn't paying his share which left the other directors to fork out more. As far as the cash flow issues go I'm led to believe it is normal for most clubs to be in the same position as ourselves... over the course of the year the books are balanced but we get large amounts of income when STs go on sale before the summer and another large part of our income when the SPFL pay out clubs share of prizemoney and sponsorship and TV deals in August, and that by January to April we're still solvent but might not be able to pay all our bills on time without soft loans from directors.

If GLS and SMISA's bid really would involve further big cut backs so that our budget was reduced to mean there was no pressure of cashflow at all in January to April and we would see less being spent on the squad than under the current BoD then I hate to think what the meltdown on here would be like when many are expecting investment in the squad to increase under a GLS led bid. But I realise this is just you speculating rather than GLS and SMISA explaining their plans to fans.

Well he is signing up for a bumpy ride this time, could be that he is going to use funds he borrows from elswhere, or some of his own money, or a mixture of both to fund the income gaps. Either way he has to have a plan and surely the SMISA ITKs are privy to it

lets see if he comes up with the funds...