Smisa & Gordon Scott Submit Bid

div

Target is 1000... but to cover bare costs the safety fall back figure is much lower.

That would purchase an additional 68% of shares, taking SMiSA and GLS total shareholding to 79%... ...

and for half of the price Gilmour and Co were holding out for initially.

You sure ????????

Great to hear.

I had gone way beyond apathy.

If I could muster up apathy that would be an achievement...

But GLS and SMiSA will ensure fans are involved in the club at all levels and are very enthusiastic.

Add in the Fitzy factor and it is all systems go.

I reckon that very soon, rather than a Waldorf and Stadeler muppet approach to self preservation, we can have an inclusive approach that taps into the skills of the fanbase and allows us all to feel a part of the Phoenix arising from the ashes.

We will certainly not always agree... but if we are consulted and a part of the decision making then as part of a democracy I will respect the will of the majority.

The figures all looked sound and actually erred on the side of caution. I respect that too.

SMiSA AGM will be in 2 weeks... never been before bit will make a point of going to this one.

It is open to all, so nobody can complain of cleeks or cartels... This is OUR chance to support and ultimately run OUR club...

probably a once in a lifetime deal.

If nobody on this forum complains of cliques or cartels, it must mean one thing... The internet is down.

I reckon I'll be signing up for this.

Any idea how many we need to sign up for the £12 a month?

Can it be confirmed as to what percentage of shares we are buying and how much are being paid for them?

Like I said, reckon I'll be signing up but not if SG & Co are ripping the piss with the value, considering their handiwork over the past few years have undoubtedly reduced the value of the club.

the target is to get 1000 fans signed up. The CIC had 1300 so hopefully that can be matched.

I'll be signing up.

ST MIRREN took a major step closer to becoming a fan-owned club this evening after proposals to buy out the ruling consortium were given the green light at a meeting in Paisley. Members of the St Mirren Independent Supporters Association (SMiSA) overwhelmingly backed plans to make an offer for the 68% shareholding held by chairman Stewart Gilmour and four other directors.

Following the model used successfully by the Foundation of Hearts and Ann Budge, former St Mirren director Gordon Scott would provide the bulk of the initial purchase sum and would become the new club chairman, with a fans representative also taking a seat on the board. Once Scott’s outlay was repaid over the next decade, the club would be owned by its supporters.

For the proposal to work, however, around 1000 supporters would need to commit £12 a month to pay off the initial loan required to buy the club from the selling consortium and then to eventually return Scott’s investment too. If sufficient subscribers could be found by the summer, the club could be under new ownership by the start of the next season.

Lifelong supporter Scott, who made his money in construction and real estate, revealed he saw the prospective new deal as “a challenge but also an opportunity” and hoped to eventually create a team capable of pushing for the top half of the Premiership and into the latter stages of cup competitions. He added: "My desire is to see us back where we belong at the top table of Scottish football. I firmly believe I can help achieve that, and then successfully deliver this club into the hands of the supporters. St Mirren is a community club and if we take over we would continue to run it in the same prudent way it has been for the last 20 years. It is also important, however, that we bring a new business dynamic to the club and fully empower the supporters to help take the club forward. This won't happen without the support of the fans. We have a wonderful chance to preserve the history and then form the future of our football club together. Let's not let the opportunity pass us by.”

SMISA chairman George Adam added: “I firmly believe the best way ahead for clubs like St Mirren is for them to be run by people who will care for them most...the fans. The current board deserve a huge amount of credit for the job they have done over the years but they have made it clear they want to move on, and one way or another the club will be sold.

We have seen too many other Scottish clubs fall into the hands of owners who haven’t had the best interest of the club at heart over the years – if the fans back this deal and stay the distance they guarantee that won’t ever happen to St Mirren. Gordon’s involvement means the club will be run by a Saints man with the expertise to take it forward in partnership with the fans, and a route through which we can make a sustainable transition to full fan ownership over the long term.”

Appreciate that this is yet another cost burden on the fans but I really do hope we can get this over the line.

I'm definitely in!

I'm not definitely in until I see the entire shooting match laid out in black and white with all major questions answered. Still jaded from the 10000hours lengthy discussion / shitfest / fan-on-fan, fan-on-multiple forum alias bawbag in-fighting.

I'm not definitely in until I see the entire shooting match laid out in black and white with all major questions answered. Still jaded from the 10000hours lengthy discussion / shitfest / fan-on-fan, fan-on-multiple forum alias bawbag in-fighting.

Gordon's involvement for the next 10 years gives me personally the comfort I need on this. It's a reasonable price being paid (IMO) and I like the structure on paper.

Never going to please everyone and I too am still a bit sore from the carry on last time round but f**k it, £12 a month to ensure the club is owned by the fans and not a Craig Whyte type chancer? That's all I need to know.

Gordon's involvement for the next 10 years gives me personally the comfort I need on this. It's a reasonable price being paid (IMO) and I like the structure on paper.

Never going to please everyone and I too am still a bit sore from the carry on last time round but f**k it, £12 a month to ensure the club is owned by the fans and not a Craig Whyte type chancer? That's all I need to know.

Pretty sure I'll sign up too, but not saying 100%, until I know a lot more than I currently do.

For example, we need to know about the supporter getting a seat at the boardroom table... Will the seat be reserved, will it be non-specific, and how easy will it be for them to bring a mate to sit beside them?

See? I've got my finger on the pulse of the week's bigger issues.

Pretty sure I'll sign up too, but not saying 100%, until I know a lot more than I currently do.

For example, we need to know about the supporter getting a seat at the boardroom table... Will the seat be reserved, will it be non-specific, and how easy will it be for them to bring a mate to sit beside them?

See? I've got my finger on the pulse of the week's bigger issues.

Aye, and is it a constituency seat or a list seat?

Great news (he says cautiously). Very confident we'll get the numbers needed, Newport County managed it so why not us. Newport was one off payments, but the Trust membership numbers rose dramatically. The usual effect of funding being for the ultimate goal as opposed to worthwhile causes.

Apologies if this is a daft question, but would I have to pay the £12 on top of my current £10 p/m SMiSA sub?

ETA:

http://www.smisa.net/news-archive/188-sgm-mar16

As suspected, it doesn't look like it.

I think from memory your £12 is split. 10 quid to the ownership pot until paid off and the other 2 put aside for smisa type things such as buying a Keano or paying towards youth development.