Smisa & Gordon Scott Submit Bid

div

Will there be an option to pay up front? I have a bit of cash now, but I could see my missus objecting to a DD a few years down the line when I might not be in the position I am now.

That would be £1,440.00 up front, would you be able to pay that in one go. If so i will check on the option of paying up front.

That would be £1,440.00 up front, would you be able to pay that in one go. If so i will check on the option of paying up front.

Yes, I could do that. It would seem that any kind of upfront payments would be a good thing, though, so I hope that is being considered. There's also the question of people who may be willing or able to pay more than the requested amount. I know it's clear it's one member one vote, but there would probably be some willing to donate a bit more.

Can't see anybody mentioning this... Meeting this Saturday at the Wynd Centre , should SMISA not be promoting this to try and get as many saints fans along as possible ? attachment=29798:ImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1460413013.859465.jpg]

post-8844-14604130256745_thumb.jpg

Edited by gazmc83

How can we expect fans to turn up to the "public" meeting when next to no information has been given ?? Surely SMISA should be putting a statement out or something to urge fans to come along .......

I did get a members email, but yes not seen much elsewhere. If it's not at least on their site then that's strange.

Can't see anybody mentioning this... Meeting this Saturday at the Wynd Centre , should SMISA not be promoting this to try and get as many saints fans along as possible ? attachment=29798:ImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1460413013.859465.jpg]

I received an email about it. It is the standard AGM as far as I know, so only open to members.

ETA - apologies, I hadn't read the emails above. Yes, I'm pretty sure members can bring one non member along.

Copy and paste of email below....

Edited by Drew

Fellow SMiSA members

As with previous years, we are holding the SMiSA AGM on the day of a home game (Sat 16th April, noon) in the hope it is convenient for fans coming into the town centre on matchday, and giving everyone a better chance to attend the meeting.

Obviously the past week has been a massive one for the trust, with members approving the terms of our joint offer for the majority shareholding in the club with ex-director Gordon Scott.

We will be working on the details of that over the next two weeks and will update members at the AGM.

Gordon will be at the AGM and he and the committee will be able to take questions from members.

With that in mind we are expecting a bigger turnout than usual. In previous years members have been allowed to bring a guest to the AGM and we would invite you to do so again this year, although please be aware capacity will be limited in the venue. We do plan to host a public meeting about the bid, where all fans can attend, but are not in a position to confirm any dates for this yet.

The following items of business require to be covered at the AGM:

Accounts

At the meeting we will initially review the Financial Year Accounts, a copy of which has been attached for your information, any questions relating to the information can be put to the treasurer either on the day or beforehand by replying to this email.

A vote will be taken at the meeting to determine if members accept the accounts. There will also be a request to vote to retain the services of the auditor of the accounts.

SMiSA member and qualified accountant John Blair has for several years audited our accounts independently of the trust board before submission to the Financial Conduct Authority which is a legal requirement of the trust and we would hope the members and John are happy to continue with this arrangement.

Trust Board Members

The constitution of every supporters trust states every year 30% of the elected board members must stand for re-election. This is to ensure that when a full quota of board members (12) of any trust is in place that a particular group cannot prevent other members from joining the board.

In SMiSA we do not have this situation, in fact we still have several positions available before the maximum of twelve is reached and we would really like others to consider putting themselves forward to be part of the SMiSA board to help the trust achieve its ambitions.

However, we are still legally required to go through the process of having 30% standing for re-election.

The two, out of the current six elected board members, chosen randomly to put themselves forward are Peter Black and Colin Orr, both of whom have contributed significantly to the work undertaken in the year past and I would personally hope members would vote to retain both SMiSA members on the board.

After last year's AGM where six members were elected onto the board, another three members were co-opted on the board and they are also now standing for formal election by the membership.

Trust board elections are required to be done by email or post before the AGM therefore I would ask that you complete this form and return it no later than Thursday 14th April.

By email to [email protected] or by post to SMiSA, 30 Langside Park, Kilbarchan, PA10 2EP.

The outcome of all voting will be announced at the AGM

The Future

The last part of the AGM will relate, as always, to the aims and ambitions of the trust for the coming year and with the recent developments on our joint bid for the majority shareholding of St. Mirren, this will obviously take up the bulk of discussion.

However we should not forget other aspects or the core business of SMiSA such as community work, sponsorship and events etc as well as how we should engage with and represent the members and fan base of the club. Please remember your input is critical in all of these matters.

If there are any comments or questions on the contents above, or any SMiSA-related issue at any time, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we look forward to seeing you on 16 April

Regards,

How can we expect fans to turn up to the "public" meeting when next to no information has been given ?? Surely SMISA should be putting a statement out or something to urge fans to come along .......

That's spot on actually. I'm a member and I did say at the last meeting that we need to appeal to the larger audience , the same way that rea etc promoted 10000 hrs and got well over a thousand people interested in a short space of time. Doesn't seem to be happening so far , some of the committee with too much time tied up in the euro elections ?

That's spot on actually. I'm a member and I did say at the last meeting that we need to appeal to the larger audience , the same way that rea etc promoted 10000 hrs and got well over a thousand people interested in a short space of time. Doesn't seem to be happening so far , some of the committee with too much time tied up in the euro elections ?

To be fair, they do refer to a public meeting in their email, noting that they can't confirm details just now. No point publicising it until there is something concrete in the pipeline.

I'm sure SMiSA are all too aware of the requirement to attract other people to the takeover initiative. Hopefully that will be discussed further on Saturday.

To be fair, they do refer to a public meeting in their email, noting that they can't confirm details just now. No point publicising it until there is something concrete in the pipeline.

I'm sure SMiSA are all too aware of the requirement to attract other people to the takeover initiative. Hopefully that will be discussed further on Saturday.

It simply MUST be a priority, and I'm sure they realise that and will put wheels in motion in due course. How many SMiSA members are there? How many keyboard warriors with soggy undergarments frequent this, the main St Mirren fan forum? Need to reach way beyond that demographic.

Like 10000hours did with publicised open-to-all meetings in the corporate suite, a dedicated website, leaflet printing and REAs mug in the papers... SMiSA/GLS (just realised it sounds like the codes for some regional airport that Ryanair would dump you in) must surely have a big publicity drive in the pipeline.

All those with Saints-leanings must be courted. Lapsed fans, overseas fans, local busineses, anyone.

Edited by pozbaird

It simply MUST be a priority, and I'm sure they realise that and will put wheels in motion in due course. How many SMiSA members are there? How many keyboard warriors with soggy undergarments frequent this, the main St Mirren fan forum? Need to reach way beyond that demographic.

Like 10000hours did with publicised open-to-all meetings in the corporate suite, a dedicated website, leaflet printing and REAs mug in the papers... SMiSA/GLS (just realised it sounds like the codes for some regional airport that Ryanair would dump you in) must surely have a big publicity drive in the pipeline.

All those with Saints-leanings must be courted. Lapsed fans, overseas fans, local busineses, anyone.

Absolutely.

I'm assuming/hoping that there on it.

From another thread , i see the Fans council new supporters club opens its doors this Saturday ..... at exactly the same time as the SMISA AGM.

Hmm , so the new club conveniently floods delaying the opening to conflict with the smisa meeting ? whistling.gif

Cue the conspiracy theorists !! huh.pngcool.pngrolleyes.gif

No conspiracy but it would have been nice to see both groups act in a united fashion.

if a member brings a guest it wont be a problem them both being there at noon, although the discussion for the first half hour will discussing the past year and members voting, accounts etc hence the open to all public meeting half an hour after that as that part of the meeting will only relate to the bid

in any organisation it makes sense to try and inform the current members what the intentions are and be the first to know what is happening hence them being told about the meeting before

there will be further information issued and meetings organised for anyone wishing to find out more

I was enjoying a pint of ale in an alehouse yesterday when a fellow supporter (and Smisa member) whom I know asked if I had signed up to the direct debit scheme in order to allow some of my income to be diverted to the coffers of Smisa in order to allow this bid to succeed.

My answer of "naw I huvnae" was met with incredulity.

However I have not as yet been given notice of any public meeting that I could attend in order to gather more information about this bid and as such decide if I wish to give even more money toward my club.

When Mr Atkinson organised a public meeting regarding the CIC I was given due notice and I subsequently attended. Mr Atkinson then provided a very professional pitch as to the reasons why I should provide my bank details along with a pledge of a monthly stipend. So professional in fact that I was persuaded to sign up immediately and pledge a proportion of my income toward this venture.

Until Smisa arrange a meeting with us mere mortals am unable to provide any pledge of cash. However this space will be watched, will be watched indeed.

BID FOR THE CLUB – PUBLIC MEETING ON SATURDAY

As you will already know, there has been major progress of late on our joint bid with former St Mirren director Gordon Scott for the majority shareholding in St Mirren.

As a result of that we are holding a public meeting on Saturday at 12.30pm in The Wynd Centre, School Wynd, Paisley.

Existing SMISA members are being asked to come along at noon for the trust’s AGM, where we will deal with routine trust business.
Non-members should join us at 12.30pm for a presentation and Q&A on the bid, where you can put your questions to Gordon and the SMISA committee.

Be aware capacity in the venue will be limited, so in the event of exceptional demand entry will be first come, first served. See you there!

251264_230246053659390_4490881_n.jpg?oh= shared SMiSA's post.
Edited by buddiecat

New SMiSA website is now online containing everything you need to know and an online sign up system.

Personally speaking, I'm in!http://www.smisa.net

Just e-mailed SMiSA to authorise them to amend my monthly amount and include me as one more signed-up towards the 1000 initial target.

I guess that's me 'in' too.

Nice website. Who did it!? :-)