Smisa & Gordon Scott Submit Bid

div

If SG & Co sell to someone who, in two years time, takes St Mirren to a place that Rangers were taken to, then I can only speak for myself... They'll see fcuk-all of my hard-earned.

Calm down, the fans have been given a second chance to buy the club. If SG sells to someone else it's because the fans were unable to get a proper bid together. We certainly have had plenty of time to do it and it would appear to be the preferred way forward for both SG and the BOD.

Calm down, the fans have been given a second chance to buy the club. If SG sells to someone else it's because the fans were unable to get a proper bid together. We certainly have had plenty of time to do it and it would appear to be the preferred way forward for both SG and the BOD.

Shhh, leave the "drama" situation for some to enjoy. lol.gif

Pauline loves it...................................whistling.gif

Guest TPAFKATS

Waiting for the price to be as low as possible I would guess.

Absolutely no point paying more than you need to.

That thought crossed my mind too. Seems the offers won't be as good for those selling as the fan ownership deal?

Good post.

I am all for fans ownership. However my real concern is the thought that some of the previous hostile posters on here would put themselves up for running the club. Its interesting to watch the charm offensive that some are taking at the moment. There are some posters I would not allow to run a bath never mind run the club that i support, with my cash.

For that reason I am sitting on the fence. I wish to see what happens before deciding on how much financially I wish to become involved.

Good luck to those who do become part of running the club. It will be a thankless task

I would tend to believe that previous "hostile" posters are still saints fans and are keen to see the fans buy the club. There have not been any hostile posts about this bid that i have seen, so possibly what they have been hostile about in the past is the reason they are not hostile about this bid, they wanted the club to change and can see this as the best option for change.

When and if the time comes for fans to put themselves up for being a fans representative on the board, those fans will obviously be subject to scrutiny by us all and i'm sure that we will not vote for anyone who we think is not fit for the job.

That thought crossed my mind too. Seems the offers won't be as good for those selling as the fan ownership deal?

No idea and TBH I am merely speculating.

If I was wanting to buy Saints, with the very best of respect to the board I would hold out as long as possible to pay as little as I could.

I can't imagine too many businesspeople wanting to do much different than that.

I have absolutely no basis to for this but I have a sneaky feeling that if there genuinely are another couple of bidders that one of them make a move before the 1000 target is met. If I was running the fans bid I would personally keep the actual number of subscribers a secret to prevent any chance of gazumping.

No room for sentiment in business.

I'd tend to think this is accurate and the club will be sold this summer.

I posted earlier that an application to dissolve Douglas Street Ltd has been submitted, it's all systems go and if not SMISA then it will end another party.

Yip, the clock is well and trully ticking otherwise we'll be buying from the QLTR.

• 2 weeks later...

Signed up (from Kentucky, USA). Don't expect I'll make so many games but what little I can do to help from over here. I'll spread it around and all that.

Has anyone done anything on the crowd-funding side of things? I know the main core of support will come from fans of the club, but can't underestimate the almost random support some of these things get from all over the world. There's quite a lot of lower-league supporters in the US who are very pro fan -owned clubs (basically a push-back to a closed league like MLS which is essentially a corporation with franchises). Would only take a few to throw in to add some weight. Every little helps.

I'll continue to tweet and re-tweet stuff and see if I can find any traction with my own folk (I have a small following on Twitter because I'm the Head Researcher for Football Manager for MLS)....if some of those can retweet etc....

Signed up (from Kentucky, USA). Don't expect I'll make so many games but what little I can do to help from over here. I'll spread it around and all that.

Has anyone done anything on the crowd-funding side of things? I know the main core of support will come from fans of the club, but can't underestimate the almost random support some of these things get from all over the world. There's quite a lot of lower-league supporters in the US who are very pro fan -owned clubs (basically a push-back to a closed league like MLS which is essentially a corporation with franchises). Would only take a few to throw in to add some weight. Every little helps.

I'll continue to tweet and re-tweet stuff and see if I can find any traction with my own folk (I have a small following on Twitter because I'm the Head Researcher for Football Manager for MLS)....if some of those can retweet etc....

Crowd funding can be good later on, it has been looked at. It doesn't help convince the sellers or the bankers though and that's why we need named people signing up, then we can go about working on crowd funding etc.,