Smisa & Gordon Scott Submit Bid

div

The St Mirren Independent Supporters Association [sMiSA] and former director Gordon Scott are close to completing a joint takeover of the club after reaching a verbal agreement with the selling consortium. SMiSA will now canvas its members at a meeting in a fortnight’s time to see whether there is sufficient interest among the support base to make the deal a reality.
- Graeme McPherson (Herald Scotland)

I will only buy in to this deal if the projections show that a reasonably acheivable monthly input from the fans can buy out the GLS shareholding in 3-5 years

I will only buy into this deal if, once any deal is agreed, those who become the 'new SG and Co' stop the utterly shambolic and cringeworthy 'communication' that seeps like shite out of the boardroom currently.... Sellik shops, Sevco stands... and also genuinely adheres to the stated aims of any group such as the current Fan Council, the main stated aims of which are clearly not worth the bandwith they take up on the internet. Taking fans for complete mugs who are merely knickerwetting keyboard warriors must stop. If it doesn't, personally, I'm out.

One town, one team, family club, community club.... and all that.

I will only buy in to this deal if the projections show that a reasonably acheivable monthly input from the fans can buy out the GLS shareholding in 3-5 years

and providing we take no extra income from any other club. That should just about see us...........

Would we need to buy him out entirely, or just secure the majority shareholding (though I can't see what would be in that for Gordon)?

I'm in. Can't make the meeting on 30th but I'll give my proxy vote.

Change in the boardroom is well overdue now. Hopefully SMiSA and Gordon will get the support they need to get this over the line.

Yup, without pre-empting the meeting, I'm all for supporting any positive change at the club.

I've got the meeting in my diary, and look foward to hearing the detail (for that, as they say, is where the Devil resides....).

Change in the boardroom is well overdue now. Hopefully SMiSA and Gordon will get the support they need to get this over the line.

I can't make it either but I'm concerned about giving a proxy to someone who may not vote the same way I would having heard the proposal.

While I hope you're right that this meeting means the offer has been accepted in principle, the letter doesn't actually mention that or what exactly will be getting voted on so how can you advise your proxy ?

I do hope that after the latest PR debacle the board have decided to give in and sell to the fans at a reasonable price, the timing to me seems to indicate the fallout from yesterday might have pushed the decision along.

While I hope you're right that this meeting means the offer has been accepted in principle, the letter doesn't actually mention that or what exactly will be getting voted on so how can you advise your proxy ?

I do hope that after the latest PR debacle the board have decided to give in and sell to the fans at a reasonable price, the timing to me seems to indicate the fallout from yesterday might have pushed the decision along.

The Herald article this morning says a verbal agreement has been reached. That of course may not be the case but I've asked John White to be my proxy (not sure if that is allowed right enough) and trust that he will pass my vote in favour of whatever the motions are to proceed with the bid.

I don't think what happened yesterday had anything to do with this but as I alluded to in the Rangers thread, a wee bit of bad publicity from the outgoing board won't do SMiSA (or the selling consortium for that matter) any harm!

The Herald article this morning says a verbal agreement has been reached. That of course may not be the case but I've asked John White to be my proxy (not sure if that is allowed right enough) and trust that he will pass my vote in favour of whatever the motions are to proceed with the bid.

I don't think what happened yesterday had anything to do with this but as I alluded to in the Rangers thread, a wee bit of bad publicity from the outgoing board won't do SMiSA (or the selling consortium for that matter) any harm!

So the board may have thrown children and families out of there seats to piss off enough fans and make a buy out more likely..?

Yip I could see them doing that, well spotted and flagged Div.

Too well planned for yesterdays announcement to have any affect, it has nothing to do with that at all. I couldn't say if the proposal (not offer) has been accepted or not, it cannot be an offer to buy until the SMiSA members give their approval to go ahead with it, that is why a special meeting has been arranged.

Motherwell owner signs over control to fans group for £1. St Mirren BOD should do same.

The guys on our board are wealthy individuals but they aren't in the same league as guys like Les Hutchison.

I don't think it's fair to expect some of them to have ploughed their pension into the club and then just to walk away from it.

Whether or not the original asking price was fair or not is a different debate, but after relegation and 7 years on, it's fair to assume SMiSA/GLS wouldn't be paying anywhere close to what was being touted back in 2009.

So the board may have thrown children and families out of there seats to piss off enough fans and make a buy out more likely..?

Yip I could see them doing that, well spotted and flagged Div.

Ha! I just mean that this is a good example of where a fan on the board might have helped even if only to communicate the decision more effectively.

The guys on our board are wealthy individuals but they aren't in the same league as guys like Les Hutchison.

I don't think it's fair to expect some of them to have ploughed their pension into the club and then just to walk away from it.

Whether or not the original asking price was fair or not is a different debate, but after relegation and 7 years on, it's fair to assume SMiSA/GLS wouldn't be paying anywhere close to what was being touted back in 2009.

Is it not the case that they have received monies back that they put into our Club?

Is it not the case that they have received monies back that they put into our Club?

How would they have done that mate?

The only way a director can take money out of a Ltd company is through dividend or salary. I can't ever recall any director taking a salary from the club and I don't think they have ever paid dividends.