Smisa & Gordon Scott Submit Bid

div

Well I've just signed up.

Without this website I'd wouldn't exactly be aware of the bid. Missed opportunity for Smisa to advertise at half time today perhaps?

Edit to add a social media button for 'I'm in St. Mirren fan ownership' or something might help spread the word.

Edited by gc_SMFC

Without this website I'd wouldn't exactly be aware of the bid. Missed opportunity for Smisa to advertise at half time today perhaps?

Edit to add a social media button for 'I'm in St. Mirren fan ownership' or something might help spread the word.

I actually think the SMiSA/GLS bid has got off to a very good start - promotion wise. The website launch was good with an informative and fresh-looking website. There was a leaflet hand-out today and the people handing them out were pro-active in doing so.

Early days. So far, it seems co-ordinated and organised. I am convinced they have plans in place to ramp things up.

Good communication so far, keep up the good work guys.

There is something like that on Twitter - a twibbon I think the cool kids call it. Leaflets were being handed out before the game today and I think there was a full page advert in the program too. There will also be a press launch at the ground on Monday which will hopefully get the word out a bit more.

The public part of the meeting today could perhaps have been a bit better advertised but I think there were reasons for the short notice.

I was already a SMiSA member so have asked for my contribution to be upped. I'd even have offered to join the committee but I reckon staying in Dumfries isn't much use for that. There's still three slots up for grabs if folk wish to get involved.

I'm fairly certain I will sign up but I'll wait until I hear more information after the meeting today. I won't be able to attend but I'm sure details will be posted here sometime over the weekend.

One thing I would like to know if someone who goes to the meeting wouldn't mind asking the question. I'd rather pay a lump sum but I'm not too bothered about the membership benefits of the premium package and 2 and a half grand might be a bit too much for me just now, have they not considered a founder membership package paid up front ?

I'm in the same position - I'd imagine it must be OK to pay the whole founder's package up front, just a question of how to arrange it.

I'm in the same position - I'd imagine it must be OK to pay the whole founder's package up front, just a question of how to arrange it.

My take from the meeting was that SMISA have opted for the three packages to keep it simple but would be open to alternative proposals

My take from the meeting was that SMISA have opted for the three packages to keep it simple but would be open to alternative proposals

Email [email protected] if you want to make alternative payments to the 3 options on the website.

If anyone is swithering over signing up then that is good, it shows you're interested. I would ask that if you feel more for it than against it, then sign up and give voice to your concerns, if totally against it email us with your concerns and we can address them or explain why your concern is something which is necessary.

You are correct in your take, mainly though 3 options have been set because we need to keep admin costs at a minimum so that we can use the monies pledged to buy the club. £1440 is the cost over 10 years, the £12 a month option may not suit everyone but if you can commit to that then please do, or email us with your personal preference.

Get StuDick voted on as fans representative, with his vision, drive and 'knowledge' it's only a matter of time before we see Champions League fitba down Paisley way......

Whilst this is undeniably true I'm no interested in representing anyone. My vote, though, would go to the candidate most likely to show least deference. I'd far rather be represented by a Turnbull Hutton type character than a Stewart Gilmour type one.

Not for me as long as the Founder Member & Premium Package options and the extras associated with them exist, that's precisely what I didn't like about 10000hours deal - blurring the lines between what I believe are club properties/goodwill and SMiSA's to finance the takeover bid.

Founder Member

Your name in a series of draws where one member and a guest gets to watch a game from the directors’ guest lounge, for each home game in the 2016/7 season;

• Suggested examples of what we could offer:
  • - quiz night with manager and players,
  • - Q&A nights with club legends,
  • - invite to open training session at stadium or Ralston,
  • - option to take part in half-time entertainment on pitch, such as a penalty shootout or crossbar challenge

Premium

Certificate with ten ordinary shares in SMFC, making you a shareholder for life if not already

Invite for you and a guest to a special commemorative dinner in the boardroom prior to a game, with a group of club legends and the chairman, then watch the game from the director’s box;

• - Opportunity for you to take a seat in official 2016/17 team photo, and copy of photo to keep
Edited by Bud the Baker

Not for me as long as the Founder Member & Premium Package options exist, that's precisely what I didn't like about 10000hours deal - blurring the lines between what I believe are club properties/goodwill and SMiSA's to finance the takeover bid.

Might not be for you as you say, but some people do want to commit more than £12 a month and we cannot ignore their wishes nor can we afford to turn down offers of more than £12 a month.

Another thing about why we need 1000 people to sign up is that the current board quite rightly do not want to hand over the club to a group which they believe may not keep the club going in the right direction, so we need the 1000 people to sign up and pledge the minimum amount, otherwise we don't have a deal and the club could go to one person/group who can do what they like with it, and don't need to pay attention to the fans.

And whether you pay £12 or £12k it is still one member one vote, and that is the important difference.

Edited by buddiecat

Might not be for you as you say, but some people do want to commit more than £12 a month and we cannot ignore their wishes nor can we afford to turn down offers of more than £12 a month.

Another thing about why we need 1000 people to sign up is that the current board quite rightly do not want to hand over the club to a group which they believe may not keep the club going in the right direction, so we need the 1000 people to sign up and pledge the minimum amount, otherwise we don't have a deal and the club could go to one person/group who can do what they like with it, and don't need to pay attention to the fans.

I'll edit my first post to make it clearer - it's those benefits that come with the enhanced packages which IMO are part of the clubs goodwill and not SMiSAs to sell that I object to.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I'll edit my first post to make it clearer - it's those benefits that come with the enhanced packages which IMO are part of the clubs goodwill and not SMiSA's to sell that I object to.

Point taken, however it is the proposed new major shareholder - Gordon Scott, who is offering these incentives SMiSA are simply promoting the deal and doing the work to get fans signed up to it, it is Gordon's decision on what the club offers to prospective investors. SMiSA will not be the owners of the club - the fans will be - once we have raised enough to buy back the shares Gordon buys and we will be buying them at the price he pays for them.

Point taken, however it is the proposed new major shareholder - Gordon Scott, who is offering these incentives SMiSA are simply promoting the deal and doing the work to get fans signed up to it, it is Gordon's decision on what the club offers to prospective investors. SMiSA will not be the owners of the club - the fans will be - once we have raised enough to buy back the shares Gordon buys and we will be buying them at the price he pays for them.

Fine distinctions but I retain my original opinion - I'd probably let it slide if the money was going to club coffers but it's going to a BoD whose behaviour over the last six/seven years hasn't impressed me.

Fine distinctions but I retain my original opinion - I'd probably let it slide if the money was going to club coffers but it's going to a BoD whose behaviour over the last six/seven years hasn't impressed me.

If I'm reading it correctly this money isn't technically going to the board?

I think the big difference between the premium member of this bid and that of the previous bid is that this money is going into the emergency pot fund? Something we didn't have with the previous bid which was a major stumbling block to land the deal if I'm remembering correctly.

If someone wants to pay over £1000 for 10 shares and a dinner then we should bite their hand off and thank them?

Just how is see it, not terribly great value for the member but extremely valuable to the bid.

Edited by davidg

Surely it's worth it to get rid of them?

I am not impressed with how we have been run either, but they set the price and it's either us or A N other who pays it, actually A N Other would probably have to pay more than us to get the shares.

Surely it's worth it to get rid of them?

Indeed.

In terms of the 'enhanced' or premier type deals, I'm with Davidg on this one.

I'm happy for folk to have a jolly at corporate or a reserved parking space, etc. if this encourages them to front up the money to support the deal. As Buddiecat says, the one member one vote clause is the critical element of the initiative.

I can't say I'm bothered if there are 'premium' packages offering a dinner, a meet and greet, a chance to watch a game from the boardroom, or your name on a founders board.... Whatever. I enjoyed afternoon tea in Andy Murray's gaff' recently. Some folk had opted for the 'premium' afternoon tea package and got a glass of bubbly which I didnae'. Big deal.

If me paying my £12 a month gets me a vote to elect someone from SMiSA to perform the role of SMiSA director on the new BoD - fine. If the 'premium' package folk get a vote too - fine. All the other stuff is fluff and window dressing. IMHO. Is it REALLY costing the club money? Could they be arranging and selling tickets for these dinners, meet and greets, and charge fans to be 'director for a day' by having sausage rolls and a comfy seat in the boardroom on a Saturday? Well, if these things are money-spinners, why, in all the years we have now been in the new stadium haven't all these things been a staple part of, and perhaps even the jewel in the crown of, this famous old clubs' social calendar?

Was discussing this with a fellow forumster pre-match yesterday. For our £12 a month we want to vote on who from SMiSA gets onto the board, but perhaps more importantly, we want to feel a lot more connected to the club and the new ownership structure. We want to feel a lot more like we are all on the same side and working towards something, and we definitely want to feel that in some way, our £12 is helping facilitate much needed change to a new ownership that is pro-active, communicates with the fanbase, and actually wants to be there.

Dinners, club ties, sausage rolls and entrance through the exclusive 'founders' front door? As Catherine Tate might put it... I ain't bovvered.

If I'm reading it correctly this money isn't technically going to the board?

I think the big difference between the premium member of this bid and that of the previous bid is that this money is going into the emergency pot fund? Something we didn't have with the previous bid which was a major stumbling block to land the deal if I'm remembering correctly.

If someone wants to pay over £1000 for 10 shares and a dinner then we should bite their hand off and thank them?

Just how is see it, not terribly great value for the member but extremely valuable to the bid.

It also gives further security to potential lenders with regards repayment and the longevity of the project.