Smisa & Gordon Scott Submit Bid

div

Just had the email to say my Gocardless has been amended, so that'll be me officially in and on board too.

Me too. Here's where I want my £12 a month to go to...

£1 - buying out the consortium.

£1 - funding the 'get that fcuking Hall of Fame panel up FFS' campaign.

£10 - the buy Allan Picken a new bunnet fund, the one he's got is a disgrace.

Get it sorted SMiSA.

I've already signed up and was at the meeting on Saturday , very impressed by both George and Gordon's vision for the club , Gordon would be a breath of fresh air and the website is great ! but a little bit disappointed in the initial sign ups ... we really need to promote this to a wider St Mirren fan base ... perhaps get a story in the local and national press and some TV coverage ? When the hearts bid launched it was all over the media ( I know different circumstances ) We really need to try and get this over the line ASAP or at least over the 400 mark to show the board that this is a feasible option

Edited by gazmc83

I've already signed up and was at the meeting on Saturday , very impressed by both George and Gordon's vision for the club , Gordon would be a breath of fresh air and the website is great ! but a little bit disappointed in the initial sign ups ... we really need to promote this to a wider St Mirren fan base ... perhaps get a story in the local and national press and some TV coverage ? When the hearts bid launched it was all over the media ( I know different circumstances ) We really need to try and get this over the line ASAP or at least over the 400 mark to show the board that this is a feasible option

I'm reasonably confident that the reason SMiSA/GLS haven't attempted a 'press blitz' to co-incide with the website launch and leaflet drop is that it would have disappeared under a deluge of media brown-nosing a certain Scottish Cup semi final that took place on Sunday. The media were giving it wall-to-wall full-on Old Firm arse-licking for a week. The BuytheBuds story would have been buried under the weight.

Edited by pozbaird

I'm reasonably confident that the reason SMiSA/GLS haven't attempted a 'press blitz' to co-incide with the website launch and leaflet drop is that it would have disappeared under a deluge of media brown-nosing a certain Scottish Cup semi final that took place on Sunday. The media were giving it wall-to-wall full-on Old Firm arse-licking for a week. The BuytheBuds story would have been buried under the weight.

Good point ! maybe see some coverage this week then .....

Its in hand, Smisa are doing press stuff today going local & national through their contacts in the media.

There are also plans to have interviews with former players where they encourage folk to sign up. An eejit who is involved is not at all concerned about the prospect of speaking to folk he has previously slagged off online Flush.gifshock1.gif

Edited by Stu

Two £12 would guarantee you two seats at any of the functions. I'm not suggesting you are overweight, but that might appeal to you.

Only joking Stuart.

Whatever you can afford is my motto.

I upped my membership to £25 straight away, but it's since reading some of the comments that I've wondered if that was the right thing to do. I thought money would be what was important but it seems the number of members is more important? As such I wondered if I was better splitting my membership fee, paying £12 for me and £12 for my youngest son who isn't really in a position to pay the fee on his own just now. This would give SMiSA two members instead of 1.

The premium offerings don't really appeal to me. If I won a raffle to sit in the Directors Box I'd probably give it away or raffle it cause I know I wouldn't be able to behave "appropriately" in the company of some of the Chairmen and Directors who I reckon f**ked up the game in Scotland so badly.

I upped my membership to £25 straight away, but it's since reading some of the comments that I've wondered if that was the right thing to do. I thought money would be what was important but it seems the number of members is more important? As such I wondered if I was better splitting my membership fee, paying £12 for me and £12 for my youngest son who isn't really in a position to pay the fee on his own just now. This would give SMiSA two members instead of 1.

The premium offerings don't really appeal to me. If I won a raffle to sit in the Directors Box I'd probably give it away or raffle it cause I know I wouldn't be able to behave "appropriately" in the company of some of the Chairmen and Directors who I reckon f**ked up the game in Scotland so badly.

The money is more important. It was said on Saturday that 1,000 members at £12 a month was chosen to keep the message simple when the scheme is being publicised.

Apparently chick young questions that it will work ! hopefully someone can phone in and give him the facts so he's not giving misinformation as usual

Chick, or indeed anyone, is perfectly entitled to ask 'will it work'. The difference is, Chick is a high-profile Saints fan in the media, so when he says things, people hear them. If he has worries, questions, concerns, and voices them across the airwaves, then I hope he does it in a situation where SMiSA/GLS are in the BBC studios with him, and can respond directly to his concerns.

Frankly, I am not 100% sure it will work either. I hope it will and I trust the people involved are involved for the right reasons. I'm in - the price of a pint a week? FFS, I can manage that. All I've ever known is the 'individual high profile benefactor' model. The facts are though, the football landscape is changing in front of our eyes. The 'individual high profile benefactor' model worked well at Gretna, Hearts and Sevco didn't it? The Thompson family era at Dundee United is flushed down the pan.

Chick - we simply don't have a Roy McGregor or a Sheik Mansoor, and the sellers want out, and have done so for six years now. What do you suggest Chick?

Edited by pozbaird

Seemingly Chick said that he has been offered a role (as opposed to a sausage roll) with a rival bid if it is successful. At the risk of sounding like a paranoid Old Firm fan, surely that means he shouldn't be allowed to cover the story due to issues of impartiality/bias?

Besides, seem to remember another bid failing because the chap involved supposedly had links to Rangers...

Chick admitted on air tonight that the real reason he isn't backing the fans bid through SMiSA is because he's got some involvement in another bid team that are seemingly preparing a counter offer.

If we don't get 1000 fans backing this bid and it fails then fair enough an alternative bidder will eventually buy the club but it's pretty poor that a high profile fan is sticking the knife into the fan ownership bid at this point to pursue how own ambitions.

As far as I remember, and I might be wrong, Chick Young was an active supporter of the 10000Hours bid so he's more faces than the town hall clock on fan ownership.

Chick said "fan ownership doesn't work - and don't give me Hearts - they are only working because Ann Budge put up most of the money".

Erm, you mean like Gordon is putting up most of the money here?

Chick admitted on air tonight that the real reason he isn't backing the fans bid through SMiSA is because he's got some involvement in another bid team that are seemingly preparing a counter offer.

If we don't get 1000 fans backing this bid and it fails then fair enough an alternative bidder will eventually buy the club but it's pretty poor that a high profile fan is sticking the knife into the fan ownership bid at this point to pursue how own ambitions.

As far as I remember, and I might be wrong, Chick Young was an active supporter of the 10000Hours bid so he's more faces than the town hall clock on fan ownership.

Chick said "fan ownership doesn't work - and don't give me Hearts - they are only working because Ann Budge put up most of the money".

Erm, you mean like Gordon is putting up most of the money here?

Chick weighs in with delusions of adequacy, yet again.

Edited by Drew