Smisa & Gordon Scott Submit Bid

div

I must admit when 10000hrs was doing the rounds I was vary aware of their attempt and I was in Inverness at the time.

If I was not on here then this bid would have went by unnoticed. Even the Offical site which only reports on actual news

has nothing on it.

Also there are a lot of genuine concerns that have been expressed and my own issue is that this is all about buying shares and not improving

the cash flow or what is on the park. You are a championship club and unless you get a real huge slice of luck or another Tom Hendrie team you will struggle to increase the money coming in as I do not see weekly highlights on Sportscene next season when the Newco are not down here.

I can see the arguement that if you were in the SPL then I can see an increase in investment to a limited degree which might make you a mid table club that will punch above its weight every so often.

If this was a case of we buy the shares and GLS puts in an initial investment say enough for a couple of higher paid players or to increase the weekly wage enough to make you a top championship club then pay back at slow time I can see the where the energy and difference will come from but I think if this goes through it will be the same old story

I guess this is why a lot of people drift away from websites that at times can be good sources of information and avenues of reasoned questioning and debate.

I am trying my hardest not to get involved in a long drawn-out tedious dialogue with you over this and for you, of all people, to ask people to deal in facts is one of the most ironic things I've read in a long time. You are antagonistic in the extreme and a strange "poster boy" for a campaign that is trying to win people over.

This is exactly the route the threads regarding the last bid veered down between other posters diluting the relevant information to a dreg. With regard to debate/information seeking on this thread I won't engage with you any further.

If you consider that a victory enjoy your celebration drinks_cheers.gif

Good post.

I am all for fans ownership. However my real concern is the thought that some of the previous hostile posters on here would put themselves up for running the club. Its interesting to watch the charm offensive that some are taking at the moment. There are some posters I would not allow to run a bath never mind run the club that i support, with my cash.

For that reason I am sitting on the fence. I wish to see what happens before deciding on how much financially I wish to become involved.

Good luck to those who do become part of running the club. It will be a thankless task

if 2 other parties are waiting in the wings then they can't be very 100% committed. If you want to buy a house you don't wait in the wing for someone to put a bid in before you if the house is really what you want.

This isn't how business works bud.

It's not the same as buying a house.

Good post.

I am all for fans ownership. However my real concern is the thought that some of the previous hostile posters on here would put themselves up for running the club. Its interesting to watch the charm offensive that some are taking at the moment. There are some posters I would not allow to run a bath never mind run the club that i support, with my cash.

For that reason I am sitting on the fence. I wish to see what happens before deciding on how much financially I wish to become involved.

Good luck to those who do become part of running the club. It will be a thankless task

Excellent post.

Good post.

You could wait forever on making a really well informed decision. As I see it you either jump or you don't same as dare I say it the Scottish or EU referendums. We have to trust our own instinct. Good you are in and just deciding how much. If not enough people sign up it's dead in the water and there won't be a decision to make.

I think being more than a quarter of the way there inside a week is pretty good going to be honest, although I suppose it depends on the make-up of the membership. If it was starting from scratch then it would be impressive, however if the majority are SMiSA members upping their contribution then it's not quite as good.

The guys have been a bit unlucky with the timing for the launch of it. Monday seemed sensible as it let the Old Firm nonsense get out the way but yesterday's papers were still full of it. They'll now be full of nonsense about the Celtic manager for the rest of this week before souvenir pull-outs about Rangers winning the Championship before the build-up and fall out to the Scottish Cup final and play-offs. And then over the summer there's the Euros where we will no doubt be treated to coverage of how former Old Firm players get on. It'll be difficult getting coverage outside of the usual like the PDE etc.

I'm not sure if there's some sort of issue with the official website advertising having details, suppose there could be legalities if a website advertising for folk to sign up to a bid to buy that company! If not then it should be on there and perhaps Gordon or George could do some stuff with St Mirren TV and Radio. We also need someone on Sportsound after Chick Young was able to spout even more ill-informed pish than normal, which I didn't think was possible.

Wee Chic in Paisley Express saying there is another two waiting in the wings

I'd tend to think this is accurate and the club will be sold this summer.

I posted earlier that an application to dissolve Douglas Street Ltd has been submitted, it's all systems go and if not SMISA then it will end another party.

Good post.

I agree with this mate, they'd still need to be voted in though?

Good post.

Glad you noticed I've been turning on the charm.

What temperature do you like your bath? ????

We as fans can't sit back and wait !! As much as we may hope for a St mirren supporting Millionaire to stroll in and take over we have to live in the real world and realise this isn't going to happen , surely it's better for the fans to be involved in the future of the club ? Sure the SMISA proposition isn't perfect but it's a whole lot better than someone coming in who doesn't have the best interests of the club at heart , the current board are tired , bored and lacking any ideas therefore bringing the whole club down so we desperately need fresh blood within the club. I really do hope more fans get behind the SMISA bid as a I believe this is our last crack at fan ownership under good conditions we don't want to be in a situation where fan ownership is forced like hearts had to do

Edited by gazmc83

I've already signed up and was at the meeting on Saturday , very impressed by both George and Gordon's vision for the club , Gordon would be a breath of fresh air and the website is great ! but a little bit disappointed in the initial sign ups ... we really need to promote this to a wider St Mirren fan base ... perhaps get a story in the local and national press and some TV coverage ? When the hearts bid launched it was all over the media ( I know different circumstances ) We really need to try and get this over the line ASAP or at least over the 400 mark to show the board that this is a feasible option

with 10,000 hours there were competitions on twitter to get the most retweets think that helps get exposure. Doesn't seem to be lot of chat about it. I'm going to ask a few explayers their thoughts and see if that gets discussion.

with 10,000 hours there were competitions on twitter to get the most retweets think that helps get exposure. Doesn't seem to be lot of chat about it. I'm going to ask a few explayers their thoughts and see if that gets discussion.

Think we are all trying our best, I've seen quite a lot of activity on Twitter I've tried to promote as much as people and get as many ex players / fans with lots of followers to retweets , hopefully more can follow suit . We also need more offline activity , simple leafleting and contacting existing season ticket holders /previous 10000 hours sign ups , seems there was another small meeting tonight with leaders of supporters buses/groups so hopefully can gain some momentum again.

The likes of Chris brookmyre and dougie henshall have signed up and retweeted .

The more People getting behind it the better !

Edited by gazmc83

Wonder why he's just coming forward now perhaps sniffing a bargain at under 1 million ...

All rumours though ..

Let's deal in facts .... The board have told SMISA that if they can show they have a legitimate model ie 1000 sign ups that they are the the preferred bidder so it's up to us the fans to make that happen ! I for one don't want someone to walk in who doesn't necessarily have the best interests of the club at heart, then we could end up 2 years down the line having to save the club !

Edited by gazmc83

Wonder why he's just coming forward now perhaps sniffing a bargain at under 1 million ...

All rumours though ..

Let's deal in facts .... The board have told SMISA that if they can show they have a legitimate model ie 1000 sign ups that they are the the preferred bidder so it's up to us the fans to make that happen ! I for one don't want someone to walk in who doesn't necessarily have the best interests of the club at heart, then we could end up 2 years down the line having to save the club !

If SG & Co sell to someone who, in two years time, takes St Mirren to a place that Rangers were taken to, then I can only speak for myself... They'll see fcuk-all of my hard-earned.

Good post.

Even if Dicko managed to get on the BOD he would never be making decisions.No individual can make a decision, there will be a Board of 5 or 6.

Even if Dicko managed to get on the BOD he would never be making decisions.No individual can make a decision, there will be a Board of 5 or 6.

SMISA member will have be voted onto the board by SMISA members so there's isn't much chance of us voting on a non-St Mirren supporter to represent the fans.....