Smisa & Gordon Scott Submit Bid

div

As I recall, the 10k bid was predicated on soft loans and grants from government support for community sports ventures. indeed, the 10k bid finally failed on the fact that this funding was refused

You are possiblyreferring to different support for specific initiatives other than the p.urchase of a controlling shareholding by a supporter's group

Yeah I was - community funding has always been available whether it's from the National Lottery, from the SFA from it's various sponsors, or from the Scottish Football Partnership. 10,000 Hours made many references to Social Enterprise funding which is available to any Social Enterprise. I'm by no means an expert on the topic, I only spent one day at a course at Stirling University and then a few evenings talking through various proposals and possible outcomes with people who knew a lot more than me but if SMiSA wished to run the club using the CiC model or any of the other Social Enterprise models out there the same funding would still be available.

As you would expect the members who are represented by the committee will be the first to know. This is not an elitist thing, it is just that the committee have represented a group of supporters over many years and as it is a SMISA initiative it is only right that we engage with the members first before any decision on progress can be made. Can I just point out that the negotiations are not something that has been taken lightly. Full recognition of what is required has been discussed and the best practise put in place. The committee has been expanded to include members who are best placed to negotiate and plan ahead on the members behalf. The planning has also included the need to engage with those supporters outwith SMISA but at present we have nothing concrete to deliver. As for SMDSA, it has always been recognised by the committee that we have a responsibility to all branches of St Mirren's support whether it be individual or group based. In the meantime I would urge anyone who would like to join and contribute in our efforts at SMISA to get in touch as we welcome everyone with openness and honesty. I hope this clears up any apprehensions you may have Blair and I hope you continue to keep well and fight your corner.

Jim Crawford

Thanks for the response Jim and I completely understand why SMiSA members will be first to know of any developments. I am sure that SMDSA will continue to fight its corner.

Cheers bud

Blair Crawford

I agree

Crawford Shull

As you would expect the members who are represented by the committee will be the first to know. This is not an elitist thing, it is just that the committee have represented a group of supporters over many years and as it is a SMISA initiative it is only right that we engage with the members first before any decision on progress can be made. Can I just point out that the negotiations are not something that has been taken lightly. Full recognition of what is required has been discussed and the best practise put in place. The committee has been expanded to include members who are best placed to negotiate and plan ahead on the members behalf. The planning has also included the need to engage with those supporters outwith SMISA but at present we have nothing concrete to deliver. As for SMDSA, it has always been recognised by the committee that we have a responsibility to all branches of St Mirren's support whether it be individual or group based. In the meantime I would urge anyone who would like to join and contribute in our efforts at SMISA to get in touch as we welcome everyone with openness and honesty. I hope this clears up any apprehensions you may have Blair and I hope you continue to keep well and fight your corner.

Jim Crawford

One of the reasons why i am not involved on committees of both Smisa and the fans council is the constant sniping generally amongst our support.I would love to assist but feel that i would end up punching someone on the throat for knocking the idea of assisting the club that i love.Cant we all work together to achieve our goal of the club returning to where we should be at the top end of Scottish football.We are all one,Smisa,Fans Council ,Disabled Fans,Supporters Clubs etc and again i will say it require to work TOGETHER to achieve our goal.

We are all one unless there is disagreement then there is throat punches lol.gif

We shouldn't be at top end of anywhere.

We are where we are.

If we are to be one of the top 42 Clubs in Scotland then that's achievable.

One of the reasons why i am not involved on committees of both Smisa and the fans council is the constant sniping generally amongst our support.I would love to assist but feel that i would end up punching someone on the throat for knocking the idea of assisting the club that i love.Cant we all work together to achieve our goal of the club returning to where we should be at the top end of Scottish football.We are all one,Smisa,Fans Council ,Disabled Fans,Supporters Clubs etc and again i will say it require to work TOGETHER to achieve our goal.

A committee should represent the views of its membership. If the membership is diverse then there's going to be sniping and opposing views and agendas. If you were going to be on any sort of committee in any sport or any club I'd suggest you develop a thicker skin.

I think when you get involved with any organisation surrounding the football club you have to expect to get shot at.

I was quite taken aback as to what happened during the 10000Hours bid, and I only got about 1% of the abuse that the likes of Richard took.

The guys at SMiSA, The Disabled Supporters Association and at the Fans Council are all giving up their own time to try their level best at making the club better. Like everyone else, they will make mistakes sometimes and do things that individuals won't like.

You'll never get all fans to agree on anything (apart from perhaps the sacking of Tommy Craig) but as long as the people making the decisions in these organisations are thinking things through and still aiming to do their best for the club then they'll always get my support.

Same as the people who run the supporters buses, same as the people who try and introduce atmosphere at the ground.

These people are all trying to do their best for the club and they're doing it for no reward.

I'd definitely like to see all the organisations work together more, I'm sure they could all learn from each other.

A committee should represent the views of its membership. If the membership is diverse then there's going to be sniping and opposing views and agendas. If you were going to be on any sort of committee in any sport or any club I'd suggest you develop a thicker skin.

For your information Stuart i have the following.

Founder member of the BGB.(now the panda club)

League Secretary of Johnstone and district football league.

Founder member of St Mirren FCBC..

Thick skin not required only tolerance of thick cunts.

I have to agree with Northendsaint here.

Why on earth should anybody have to have a thick skin to do a job they enjoy?

What gives people like Dickson the right to think they have a right to bully (because let's be honest that's what we are talking about here) people who are trying to do their work?

What Dickson has done with Stewart Gilmour is a classic example of this.

It's one thing to criticise someone in his position from time to time for the decisions they make on behalf of our club - I've criticised a couple of things myself such as what happened over the Rangers fiasco and not having a rainy day fund.

But what gives Dickson the right to EXPECT to be able to subject him to almost 2 decades of systematic abuse and unrelenting criticism complete with forensic analysis of every single decision made by a club he doesn't even bloody well support?

Solely and exclusively because Gilmour rejected his business venture?

What gives LPM the right to subject rea to over a year of total dogs abuse over the 10,000 issue?

The list is endless. It seems that taking on any position of responsibility leaves you fair game to personal attack from all manner of lives losers who have achieved nothing of note themselves and now take that out on others. That IMO is unacceptable.

Nobody deserves that.

Edited by oaksoft

What gives people like Dickson the right to think they have a right to bully (because let's be honest that's what we are talking about here) people who are trying to do their work?

It's one thing to criticise someone in his position from time to time for the decisions they make on behalf of our club - I've criticised a couple of things myself such as what happened over the Rangers fiasco and not having a rainy day fund.

But what gives Dickson the right to EXPECT to be able to subject him to almost 2 decades of systematic abuse and unrelenting criticism complete with forensic analysis of every single decision made by a club he doesn't even bloody well support?

What gives LPM the right to subject rea to over a year of total dogs abuse over the 10,000 issue?

The list is endless. It seems that taking on any position of responsibility leaves you fair game to personal attack from all manner of lives losers who have achieved nothing of note themselves and now take that out on others. That IMO is unacceptable.

Nobody deserves that.

Its all too easy nowadays for people to snipe at others.

The internet is a wonderful thing in so many respects, but it is, without doubt, a medium by which people who have very little to contribute, nevertheless opt to avail us of their wisdom (usually hastily acquired via google and Wikipedia) and wit. Dilletantes abound, and nothing is out of bounds.

Like you, I've a great deal of respect for people who genuinely try to make things happen, as opposed to sit with their phones etc, and seek to dismantle the efforts of others. I won't always agree with what they do, or how they go about it, but at least they aren't taking the lazy, cowardly route.

You've got them? Where? In your cupboard? Can I suggest you release them before the police find out? :rolleyes:

If you mean they are positions you've held in the past fair enough. I applaud you. I've served on a couple of committees myself. It takes time, effort and commitment obviously. It also takes thick skin. You can't surely claim that as League Secretary of a football league that all coaches backed you without complaint and accepted all your decisions without question. Did you have no disciplinary hearings in Johnstone?

You know as well as I do it's unrealistic to expect a membership as diverse as the one at SMiSA is to all back any decisions without question so why write such pish?

You've got them? Where? In your cupboard? Can I suggest you release them before the police find out? :rolleyes:

If you mean they are positions you've held in the past fair enough. I applaud you. I've served on a couple of committees myself. It takes time, effort and commitment obviously. It also takes thick skin. You can't surely claim that as League Secretary of a football league that all coaches backed you without complaint and accepted all your decisions without question. Did you have no disciplinary hearings in Johnstone?

You know as well as I do it's unrealistic to expect a membership as diverse as the one at SMiSA is to all back any decisions without question so why write such pish?

If you genuinely think he is talking about people simply disagreeing with him or criticising a decision they dont like then you are understanding less than I gave you credit for.

The BGB was a wonderful invention in the 1990's.

My two older children, now in their late 20's loved it and so looked forward to going before every home Match at Love Street.

In fact,they seemed disappointed when they had to eventually go and see the Match.

Not everybody is as thick as you, sorry, thick skinned.

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody deserves that.

I must say that if/when the time comes that this forum has an awards ceremony (in the Paisley town hall as we would have to fit all the poster's and aliases in) then I would certianly give that post my nomination for "post of 2016".

Well done.

Every other year can be won by me!

Edited by TediousTom